Your Knowledge Contest

Ellie_Penguin

Overview

This game is here to test your knowledge skills. The questions that will be asked are based on any subject and any level. For every right answer you give, you will receive a prize.

How to play

On the picture below, you will see that each potion jug has a number. Every time you get a right answer, you will be asked to choose a number (edit your latest post in order to tell me the number). Each jug contains a very special prize (even a PB!).

Keep in mind questions will be post at RANDOM times. I'm going to do this so everyone gets a fair chance at winning.

Next to each question I will be posting the level of Difficulty, and whether I want a short or long answer (and by long I don't mean an essay).

Rules

-Once you get a right answer, you cannot answer again for another turn. This is so everyone gets a chance to win.

-You need to have 50+ posts in order to enter. Reason I'm doing this it's because, I'm giving away PBs and I don't want people to sign up just for this contest then dissapear from the face of our TDN planet. I think it's fair and I think 50 posts show you have interest in staying.

-Please DO NOT Spam and read the TDN rules!

-Please when you post your number, EDIT your latest post to tell it to me.

-Be honest with yourself. I know I can't prevent people from using Internet resources to find their answer, but AT LEAST reword what you read so that it shows effort and your willing to read and learn. If you spot someone copying the exact words off a website, just PM me and I will take a look at it. If caught cheating, you're out of the contest.

-Have fun! If you want to add interesting and fun facts to your answer, feel free to do so! The purpose of this is to do some proofisyogurt research, reading and learning! Like I said, if you search on the Internet, write the answers in your own words or in any way that shows an effort from your part. I will NOT reward laziness.

*IMPORTANT* I reserve the right to give the prize to someone else if they show more effort. For example, if I ask a question about what Penguins eat and the first person posts:

"Penguins only eat fish."

Not only they're under the 7-word margin. The just don't show any sign of research. But, if the next person comes up with a nice and clean paragraph or even 2 sentences that show research and understanding, then the prize will go to that person. I'm doing this because I don't want people to post whatever just to get the prize first. There are 26 prizes and there may be more if people like this contest so you will have a chance.

Sign-Ups

Are now CLOSED

potionskey_count.gif

Numbers Used:

Contestants

-Superfly

- Loocem (disqualified)

-Ishamaria

-Meeptroid

-Strategos

-Doom Bringer

-Eric the Elf

-Xepha

-Myriad

-Isabel

-('Usemaster')

-The Evil Guy (AA)

-Anna The Meepit Queen

-Zac

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*NEWS*

Friday, January 4th: New Feature has been introduced! Bonus Question is now part of the Knowledge Contest! You can ONLY answer this question if you were NOT able to answer the Question of the Day

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round One

Question: What is a Cetacean? How many species are there? What is the name of a Cetacean that can live up to 30 years? Hint: they eat Squids.

Level: Medium Subject: Marine Biology

Prize: #7-Snow PPB

Winner: Isabel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Two

Question: Can you find four consecutive prime numbers that add up to 220?

Level: Easy Subject: Math

Prize: Set of 5 books

Winner: Zac

Round Three

Question: When did the First Olympics started? And where? Explain an event that happened during the first Olympics

Level: Medium-Hard Subject: World History

Prize: Battledome and Training Set (3 codestones and 2 bomberry elixirs)

Winner: Meeptroid

Round Four

Question: Who invented the Telescope?

Level: Medium-Hard Subject: Astronomy

Prize: Lab Map Piece

Winner: Eric Bonus Winner: Xepha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Five

Question: Does the word "whether" need to be followed by an "or"?

Level: Easy Subject: English

Prize: Toy Set and Stamp

Winner: Xepha Bonus Winner: Strategos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Six

Question: What is El Niño and La Niña?

Level: Medium Subject: Earth Science

Prize: Book Set

Winner: AA Bonus Winner: Isabel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Seven

Question: Kevin is 14 inches taller than George. The difference between Kevin and Richard is two inches less than between Richard and George. Kevin at 6'6" is the tallest. How tall are Richard and George?

Level: Easy-Medium Subject: Math

Prize: Scratchcard Set

Winner: Strategos Bonus Winner: Isabel

TRIVIA introduced

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Eight

Question: Who was part of the Lord Chamberlain's Men company?

Level: Easy Subject: Literature-History

Prize: Potion Set

Winner: Usermaster Bonus Winner: AA

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Nine

Question: Kerry loves dumplings. He can eat 32 of them in an hour. His brother Pete needs 3 hours to eat the same amount. How long will it take them both together to eat 32 dumplings?

Level: Easy Subject: Math

Prize: Codestone

Winner: DOOM Bonus Winner: Isabel

------------------------------------------------------------------

Round Ten

Question: In this phase of mitosis, the chromatin condenses into discrete chromosomes. The nuclear envelope breaks down and spindles form at opposite poles of the cell. (name the phase)

Level: Easy-Medium Subject: Biology

Prize: Petpet

Winner: AA Bonus Winner: Isabel

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Round Eleven

Question: What ancient lost fortress city was discovered virtually intact by an American (who later became a Govenor and an US Senator) in 1911? Name the city and the American.

Level: Medium Subject: World History

Prize: Paint Brush

Winner: Isabel Bonus Winner: DOOM

GraphicMania introduced

----------------------------------------------------------------

Round Twelve

Question: How do detergents clean? Explain

Level: Hard Subject: Chemistry

Prize: Food Set

Winner: AA Bonus Winner: DOOM and Strategos

---------------------------------------------------------------

Round Thirteen

Question: How do you identify minerals? Explain

Level: Easy-Medium Subject: Geology

Prize: Treasure Piece

Winner: Isabel Bonus Winner: Strategos

--------------------------------------------------------------

Round Fourteen

Question: Did Dinosaurs evolve? If so, how?

Level: Medium-Hard Subject: Paleontology

Prize:

Winner: AA Bonus Winner: Xepha

-------------------------------------------------------------

Extra-Games Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRIVIA (introduced in Round Seven)

This is another contest add-on for those who don't get to answer the Question of the Day NOR the Bonus Question.

All you have to do is follow the trivia with something related. I will post something like "fish have fins" and the next person will post a fish trivia. Simple? Well, there's a catch! There are a lot of "fish" trivia out there, but at some point we will be left with none! The last person to post the last related trivia (in this example, fish related trivia) wins the price! Example:

Me: Fish have fins

Someone: Fish live in the ocean

Someone2: (imagine this is the last fish RELATED trivia) Fish get eaten by sharks.

Someone 2 gets a prize for being the last person to post a fish related trivia.

---------------------------------------------------

Winners

Round 1 Trivia: Chameleons Winner: TBA

---------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GraphicMania

About: Every week I will be posting a Knowledge related theme (i.e. Egyptian Culture). Your job is to come up with a nice Graphic (could be wallpaper, avatar, etc. But I will let you know which type I'm looking for), about that theme! In your Graphic you must show knowledge of the theme. Let's say you create an Egyptian Culture Wallpaper. You would have to write some interesting facts related to that culture, plus combine your own images about it! So this is like a presentation poster you would do for school.

Deadline: GraphicMania starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday at 7am NST. On Monday the winner is picked and a new theme will be posted.

Requirements: Your ability to research and your imagination! You can use MS Paint, draw it, photoshop, etc. Anything works as long as you show you did your research! You may post your own links reference.

Time: You have a week and I'm not asking you to make anything pro. This should NOT get on the way of your daily homework or any chores you may have. Just make your Graphic look nice and clean and you are set!

Prizes: They will depend on the type of Graphic. The most expensive prize will be awarded for a Wallpaper. The cheapest will be for an avatar. Prizes will include PBs, books, but NEVER junk. I will also award neopoints.

*NOTE* Even if you answer the Knowledge Questions, you can participate!

--------------------------------------------

Winners

Round 1: Dinosaur Wallpaper Winner: TBA

---------------------------------------------

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Superfly

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): nonstickglue

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Math :yes:

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Science :yes:

Proof you read everything I posted here: Showing more research and more concrete answers is better. You have the right to give a prize to another person for more effort. When you are correct you pick a number and you are awarded that prize. 50 post minimum to join, I clearly surpass that. :P Last but not least to make it fair to everyone questions will be posted at random times. =D

============ END OF SIGN UP ==================

xD Now, I really hope I didn't miss like a word "banana" or something that you put for your proof because I read it through twice and didn't see anything like that so I made up my own proof, hopefully that's enough. :P

Name: Strategos

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): waiwai6191995

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Math

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): History

Proof you read everything I posted here: the snake

As well, there's a better picture of the potions at https://images.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/sol/potions_key.gif

Poor Superfly. :/

Neopets Username: metroiders

Your Subject Strengths: Science

Your Subject Weaknesses: Math (Well, there ARE a lot of numbers involved. Then again, science uses math. :P)

Proof you read everything I posted here: The Snake. :O (Also, effort is the key in this contest)

Name:Loc

Neopets Username :Locem93

Your Subject Strengths :Whatever

Your Subject Weaknesses : Science

Proof you read everything I posted here: The Snake

----------------------------------

Quick Question: Is there a limit to how many times one person can win?

Strategos: Thank you for the link!

Loocem: No there isn't a limit, but you have to wait one turn before you can post your answer again (as I mentioned on my first post). Because I'm going to post random questions at random times, I'm sure different people will win each time.

Name: Tom, Dj, Doom Bringer (any of those)

Neopets Username: djtom1111

Your Subject Strengths: Maths

Your Subject Weaknesses: I don't know if this matters, but I'm bad at Geography :P

Proof you read everything I posted here: The lion :D

When do you plan on releasing the first question, is there a certain number of people you are waiting for, or are you going to just wait a couple days and start regardless of the people?

Well the contest starts on January 1st as stated above so on that day, I will be posting the first question

People are probably wondering why I'm asking about your subjects strengths and weaknesses. I just want to know so that I can use those notes as a guide when I post the questions. I want to make it fair for everyone. I don't want to be posting a Math question when no one knows anything about Math (just an example lol).

Name: Eric

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): ewicpoo

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): English, History

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Maths, Woodwork

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The fish. ;o

Name: Xepha

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): Angelxepha

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): History, Geography, Literature

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Math, Science

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The fish

took me long enough to spot the proof!! o.O

Name: Myriad

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): xoxangelkisses

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): English

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Logic

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The Seal

Name: Isabel

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): id_24

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Science, Math, Anatomy

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): History, Geography

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The Chicken

Name: AA

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): antiaircraft

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Math, Science, Engineering, Evil

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Art, Crime-fighting

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The cup

Name: AA

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): antiaircraft

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Math, Science, Engineering, Evil

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Art, Crime-fighting

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The mutant monster

Actually, the proof is really in my first post XD. Just edit your post when you find it.

EDIT

Name: ('Usemaster')

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): Usmstr

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Math

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science): Geography, ( English? ).

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): the cup. uhhuh, My bad ^_^

Name:Anna

Neopets Username (where you want me to send the prize if you win): goddess_love_life

Your Subject Strengths (i.e. you're good at Math): Reading, Art (only one who past in the first quiz XD)

Your Subject Weaknesses (i.e. you're bad at Science):

Proof you read everything I posted here (make sure you have read everything. The proof will change): The cup

i finally got the proof XD

sorry for double post. i never realized it. T_T

Mod Edit: Don't worry about it. Posts merged.

Considering you've been around the forums for a heck of a long time, I can let you in. Just complete the sign-up form (use the ones that have been posted as a guide and the proof is still hidden on my first post) and post it here. However, you're going to have to wait until I post the next question XD.

Name: Zac

Neopets Username: lore_lanu

Your Subject Strengths: Math

Your Subject Weaknesses: English.

Proof you read everything I posted here: yogurt.

Thanks so much Ellie! I shall enjoy this competition. ;) I'm not that great at marine biology anyways.... xD Your question had me stumped!