Advent Calendar 2007

Superfly

Hello everyone! Merry Christmas! As this month (and year) come to a close and Neopets is about to enter Y10, and we are about to enter 2008, I'm wondering what everyone thought of this years Advent Calendar and the Advent Calendar Prizes.

What did/didn't you like about it? Was there something you thought would happen but didn't? Was there something you NEVER thought would happen, but did? How about those animations, better worse, same? Just spill your guts with thoughts about the Advent Calendar.

=D Merry Christmas, once again.

I, personally, was rather pleased with the amount of items that weren't utterly useless this year - due, of course, to the advent (urm) of wearable items.

I never thought they'd give out a Rod of Supernova. Mine was stolen, though. :(

Edit: Today being Christmas and all, the AC items were a bit lacking... :P

I think that the videos are large and draining on my connection, and were kind of pointless for the most part. Also, the sound was just irritating. >_<

The wearable items were so-so this year, seeing as half of them will never be used by most neopians.

However, like Eric, I thought the items kind of stunk for the Christmas advent, and they would've been wise to hold the Christmas Paint Brush for today of all days. v_v;;

All in all, though, this reminds me of every advent calendar thus far, other than the wearables. ^_^ Good, but pretty much only useful to help you towards that packrat avatar. :wink:

I like some of the wearable items given, but I don't think they can be wear anymore after Christmas, but one thing I would like to bring out, that is there some sort of bug in neopets because sometimes I did not get the bring gifts that are receive by most of the people, I acturally get 2 green apples instead and that makes me very angry <_<

I definitely like the Advent Calendar. Remember, if you collect your prizes everyday, and do something else that TNT won't speak about, you will get the Christmas site that is pretty neat! (I'm using it because I received it last year!)

The wearables are mostly cool, if only I had more pets who can wear items! (Baby and Maraquan can't be customized much).

I liked the Meepits carol animation! That wwahas so funny!

The Advent Calendar doesn't really stand out for me this year, it was pretty much as usual, with the single exception of the Christmas Paintbrush.

@Eric: What a coincidence! My Rod of Supernova was stolen as well! This is a conspiracy!!! :P

I like some of the wearable items given, but I don't think they can be wear anymore after Christmas, but one thing I would like to bring out, that is there some sort of bug in neopets because sometimes I did not get the bring gifts that are receive by most of the people, I acturally get 2 green apples instead and that makes me very angry <_<

I got apples today, it is annoying. I enjoy the wearable items and furniture however.

I haven't gotten green apples yet. If I do, I guess I can always feed them to my pet. :P

Me either, and apples can lead to worms, worth a couple thousand! So all you apple people can make out in the deal. Get a worm and sell it for more than the AC items go for because millions of people get them.

Interesting... and I was just considering crashing the worm market. The AC item market is already pretty much crashed. :P

I haven't gotten any green apples either, and I hope it stays that way!

My favorite prizes this year would probably be the Giant Moach Costume and the Christmas Paint Brush.

All in all, I think this has been one of the best AC years yet!

I got apples today, it is annoying. I enjoy the wearable items and furniture however.

I got the freakin' green apples instead of A Roast Ham, and a Branched Antlers!!

I bought those branched antlers cause i want all this years advent items... :P

But still whats up with the green apple thing?? o_O

I definitely like the Advent Calendar. Remember, if you collect your prizes everyday, and do something else that TNT won't speak about, you will get the Christmas site that is pretty neat! (I'm using it because I received it last year!)

I would like to know what hte something else is ........

Nobody knows!

The belief is that you have to visit the AC every day, but even then some people don't get the site theme.

Just keep visiting the Advent Calender and then see what happens on the 31st of December.

Ack, I missed out on one day of the Advent Calender this year a while back. Ah well, I can always wait for AC 2008.

Don't worry, you could still get it.

You may not need to visit it every day, that is just the theory (someone took a survey about factors that may or may not have affected receiving the site theme and visiting the AC everyday seemed to be the most important factor)

I'll find the link and post it here *runs off to find survey*

EDIT: *runs back* That wasn't too hard! The creator of Avatarlog made it on one of her pet pages.

Link to survey: http://www.neopets.com/~Arid

I, for one, really enjoy the Advent Calender this year.

Sure, some of the prizes were not useful in any way, but I liked the wearables concept. :yes:

To be honest, I look forward to the animation and sounds more than the actual prizes. :P

Then again, anything that moves keeps my attention span occupied for a few minutes.

Don't worry, you could still get it.

You may not need to visit it every day, that is just the theory (someone took a survey about factors that may or may not have affected receiving the site theme and visiting the AC everyday seemed to be the most important factor)

I'll find the link and post it here *runs off to find survey*

EDIT: *runs back* That wasn't too hard! The creator of Avatarlog made it on one of her pet pages.

Link to survey: http://www.neopets.com/~Arid

About that survey, even though they're doing another one this year, I have a few suspicions that while they're on the right track, they made a fundamental mistake. So I'm conducting my own survey, so if you want to help, just PM me. (Don't already have the sidebar. That just won't work.)

Anyway, I really liked the fact that they make more wearables. And that I haven't gotten any green apples yet.