Secret Lab

mspink_200

I'm a 4 Month User and I already have the entire Lab Map. While you at 1 Year still don't have it. Shows what happens when you beg when in fact you could of already had the Set by rsing, sniping, and playing games during that time.

Oh, and by the way welcome to the forum. ;)

I have eight of the nine peices and cannot obtain the ninth peice... so if anyone knows anyone who has it let me know... to clarify it is the bottom right peice.

Buy it in trades or auctions like we all did. It's there just save your neopoints. And this is not the place to ask for map pieces, it's for welcoming new users =)

Since this topic is not welcoming a new member (even though she may be new) I am moving it. :) And please try not to beg, it can start to annoy members. ;)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mikey).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from New Users / Welcome to Anything & Everything Neopets.

Yesterday the TNT gave around 200 Lab Map piece 9, to the money tree.

I noticed it and then talked to TJ suspecting it was a dupe alert. But found out a Mod did it.

Then today Tarla gave the same piece away, so in one day Piece 9 has gone from 300k to 50k :O

Grr, and I just bought that piece about 2 weeks ago...

Ack! And I just had to be offline while all this was happening. Ah well, I guess I'll have to go back to saving up.

I missed the money tree giveaway, but I was there for Tarla, so I'm pretty happy. To be honest, I believe it was about time for that piece to deflate a bit as it was getting way too expensive. I seem to recall TNT mentioning they were going to do something about it several editorials ago, but I may be wrong...

Here's the editorial question you were talking about:

With the price of one of the Secret Laboratory Map pieces hitting record highs of 350,000 or more I have noticed an increased supply of the other 8 pieces. This makes sense since they are worthless unless you can obtain the whole set. I predict a fall in prices of the 8 pieces, and an increase in price with the one, unless TNT corrects the problem. Setting up a shop where players could buy any piece for 100,000 NP would place a price cap on maps, ensuring affordability and keeping the more common pieces from becoming worthless. ~klondykekid

Yes, we think inflators and map sellers might have shot themselves in the foot with that one. Often players will try to go for the most expensive piece first before collecting the rest, and with map piece #9 so fervently hoarded, it's not surprising sales on the other pieces may have taken a dive.

However, the point behind the Neopian economy is just that - it's an economy. Supply and demand dictate prices, and we're not about to so directly influence the price of items like the Lab Ray map pieces within that economy. We'll think about increasing supply, but your solution means we cap lab map prices, and we're not going to do that.

Well I guess they solved the problem for now.

Congrats nycole!

The lab map is a great thing to have on any account, I remember when I first got my secret lab, I was so happy! Congrats anyway.

• 3 years later...

Okay so seeing that piece 9 used to go for 300k I'm curious ... how would users sell it in their shops if the maximum price is 99,999 NP?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old. This topic is over 3 years old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

trading post can go up to 800K. Auction House can go even higher than that

And why did I not see this topic before? I've had the first piece for ages and I wanted to get rid of it so bad that I sold it for like 120K worth of items o.0