A goodbye gift to one of our retired staff members!

Ian

Hi,

For those of you who are unaware, Samuel retired from TDN on November 20. He said that he needed to move on and that TDN was putting to much strain and stress on his life. So, I'm actually glad for him and that his life can improve from here on out. It's something that he had to do for himself. Whilst it's grievous, we will continue on.

A member of our forums just PMed me and suggested that we make a little goodbye present to him as a community. So, we're going to do exactly this. Below the triple dotted line is this "goodbye gift" and will be given him in a Word document. You can contribute a few sentences saying goodbye in your own words or create a graphic and I will put it below the triple dotted line and in the Word document that we'll send to him.

Here's what's in the Word document so far:

* TO CONTRIBUTE post your contribution in this topic and I'll add it here *

Deadline: November 31st 30th, 2007 (because November only has 30 days, silly Ian)

----------------------------------------------

Hi Sam,

On behalf of the members of the community of TDN forums, we all wanted to extend our love to you as we say goodbye to you as a community. Here are a bunch of thoughts and graphics that have been composed into a short little document as we say goodbye. We hope that you will have only good memories of TDN as you continue to move on. Kind regards... TDN Forums.

Hey Sam,

I want to wish you the best of luck with life, and I'll never forget what you have done for TDN and its members. You've given us all some good laughs and memories, and may they stick with you forever. We'll miss you!

Princess Ruto

To Sam:

I never thought I would be writing a farewell to you. I appreciate what you have done for TDN! Thank YOU for dedicating your time in order to provide the best for this community and I want to let you know that we will never forget you! Best of luck in school and in your life and you know you can count on all of us if you ever have any problems. I hope you get to drop by for a visit and let us know how you are doing. I wish you the very best!

Ellie the Penguin

Hey Sam,

I never thought I would have to say goodbye to you. I hope your life turns out to be what you hoped. Thanks for all you've done for TDN. And if you miss us here, don't be afraid to come in and say hi. :)

Aang

Hey Sam,

Its sad to see you go, you've been a stable of TDN for as long as I've been around. Good luck for your future, and I know you'll be able to do whatever you set your mind to - just don't forget us, because we'll never forget you (or your Chia clowns!).

Goodbye, and good luck,

Isabel.

From Metriod:

farewellzw4.png

From Vivi:

Cor Blimey Sam, would never have thought I'll be seeing you leave.

After all the work you have done for TDN, you are probaly walkin down your street to the corner pub, with your walkin cane and bowler hat (you're an inspiration to all of us british), to watch the footie with a nice cold beer. Unless you prefer the nice Tea and scones with your feet up.

Well I for one will say, you deserve it, your outstanding effort here at TDN, have pleased us all, You have made us laugh, be confused by your complicated words.

Though i do hope your life does turn out for you, and you do never leave your bowler hat at home.

Oh and do shave off that Giant mouthstache, we all must say its getting out of hand.

So the final message: Pip Pip Cheerio

Vivi

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

A little goodbye treat from AA & Meepits Evil Incorporated. We won't forget all the services you've rendered to TDN over the years, and we're sad to see you go, but we wish you luck in whatever enterprises you embark on (as long as they're not in competition with ours)!

To Samuel:

Thanks for what you did for me and everyone else here at TDN. We'll miss ya bro.

Levy

G'day Sam,

Thank you so much for all you've done for TDN. You've helped so many people, myself included. Through staffers and members like you, The Daily Neopets has grown tremendously over the years, becoming one of the largest, if not the largest, Neopets help websites there is. But we're more than that, we're a community of friends, and it's people like you who stand out as a prime example of this. You deserve to be commended on trying so hard to make it work and suceeding so well, because it just wouldn't have been the same without you. I wish I had known you better, but I do know that TDN has lost a good-natured, cheerful and well-loved member of the staff. Remember we'll always be here, so if you ever want to pop over and say hi, you'll be welcomed with open arms. I hope that your life goes well, so grab an ice-cold glass of beer and relax mate, you deserve it.

Best wishes for happy days ahead,

~Cameron a.k.a. Crusher~

dear Samuel,

I can't say your decion is wrong or anything. TT^TT but I hope your new life will be better instead of sitting down begging for money, I hope you enjoyed this new life of yours of working, Having children and stuff, We enjoyed you for you inspect every last topic to see if they reach for perfection, Please be happy and visit us sometimes TT^TT.

jennifer o.O

Dear Samuel

Sorry to see you go. Even though i have left i need to say good bye! Good luck in life. Have fun and good fortune in life. You were a good tdn staffer although i didnt see you much. Well good bye. So long farewell the german word from the sound of music. Hope to chat online some thime.

~Dillon (the person to get suspended there first week of membership ;))

Dear Samanth- er Samuel,

You were a great friend. You covered me on numerous occasions and we did have a lot of fun together. Like when we made the Valentines layout. I'm gonna miss you on the SC, but I just want you to know one thing: You should have fun wherever you can, because I just sent meepits out to "make it look like a car accident".

♥Mikey (lol i did a heart)

My contribution---

Hey Sam,

I want to wish you the best of luck with life, and I'll never forget what you have done for TDN and its members. You've given us all some good laughs and memories, and may they stick with you forever. We'll miss you!

Princess Ruto

Penguins:

To Sam:

Never I knew I was going to be writing a farewell to you. I appreciate what you have done for TDN! Thank YOU for dedicating your time in order to provide the best for this community and I want to let you know that we will never forget you! I hope you get to drop by for a visit and let us know how you are doing. I wish you the very best!

Ellie the Penguin

Hey Sam,

Its sad to see you go, you've been a stable of TDN for as long as I've been around. Good luck for your future, and I know you'll be able to do whatever you set your mind to - just don't forget us, because we'll never forget you (or your Chia clowns!).

Goodbye, and good luck,

Isabel.

Well After 30 minutes+ of thinking.

I have finally done it.

With a pinch of Vivi, and a handful of British. My Goodbye :D

----------------------------

Cor Blimey Sam, would never have thought I'll be seeing you leave.

After all the work you have done for TDN, you are probaly walkin down your street to the corner pub, with your walkin cane and bowler hat (you're an inspiration to all of us british), to watch the footie with a nice cold beer. Unless you prefer the nice Tea and scones with your feet up.

Well I for one will say, you deserve it, your outstanding effort here at TDN, have pleased us all, You have made us laugh, be confused by your complicated words.

Though i do hope your life does turn out for you, and you do never leave your bowler hat at home.

Oh and do shave off that Giant mouthstache, we all must say its getting out of hand.

So the final message: Pip Pip Cheerio

Vivi

I edited mine so here's the final:

To Sam:

I never thought I was going to be writing a farewell to you. I appreciate what you have done for TDN! Thank YOU for dedicating your time in order to provide the best for this community and I want to let you know that we will never forget you! Best of luck in school and in your life and you know you can count on all of us if you ever have any problems. I hope you get to drop by for a visit and let us know how you are doing. I wish you the very best!

Ellie the Penguin

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

A little goodbye treat from AA & Meepits Evil Incorporated. We won't forget all the services you've rendered to TDN over the years, and we're sad to see you go, but we wish you luck in whatever enterprises you embark on (as long as they're not in competition with ours)!

I wanna say goodbye!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'day Sam,

Thank you so much for all you've done for TDN. You've helped so many people, myself included. Through staffers and members like you, The Daily Neopets has grown tremendously over the years, becoming one of the largest, if not the largest, Neopets help websites there is. But we're more than that, we're a community of friends, and it's people like you who stand out as a prime example of this. You deserve to be commended on trying so hard to make it work and suceeding so well, because it just wouldn't have been the same without you. I wish I had known you better, but I do know that TDN has lost a good-natured, cheerful and well-loved member of the staff. Remember we'll always be here, so if you ever want to pop over and say hi, you'll be welcomed with open arms. I hope that your life goes well, so grab an ice-cold glass of beer and relax mate, you deserve it.

Best wishes for happy days ahead,

~Cameron a.k.a. Crusher~

dear Samuel,

I can't say your decion is wrong or anything. TT^TT but I hope your new life will be better instead of sitting down begging for money, I hope you enjoyed this new life of yours of working, Having children and stuff, We enjoyed you for you inspect every last topic to see if they reach for perfection, Please be happy and visit us sometimes TT^TT.

By your unidenified not knowing misterious girl jennifer O.o

Dear Samuel

Sorry to see you go. Even though i have left i need to say good bye! Good luck in life. Have fun and good fortune in life. You were a good tdn staffer although i didnt see you much. Well good bye. So long farewell the german word from the sound of music. Hope to chat online some thime.

~Dillon (the person to get suspended there first week of membership ;) )

Aww.. I missed it! Poo. Well, I'm gonna miss Sam. I never really knew him, but boy he was known by all us TDNers.

Buh-bai Sam... -sniffles- :crying_blow: -sobs-

:crying_blow: I know how you feel. he was the first guy ever to give me a warning sign :crying: :( TT^TT GOOD BYE SAM MAY THE NEOPET BE WITH YOU! Oh and does sam still plays neopet O.o

Miley! have you heard Samuel quited =( from now on You shall take the job has miley congratdulation! *clap clap clap*