Books! Lest we forget the books!

neon_halo

Yes, the books should not be forgotten! I'm currently reading The Harlequin (from the Anita Blake series), as well as Death's Master and The Silver Metal Lover (both by Tanith Lee).

*cough* not girlie *cough*

there's this great series that i read called "cirque du freak" that's about vampires. there are 12 books in the series and i've read it over and over. they're by darren shan and absolutely fantastic. i'm also reading his other series called "the demonata." you guys should check them out. i'm also reading the confessions of georgia nicolson series which is really girly but funny.

You want me to name my favorite books I've read?!?!?!?!?! Well, sorry to burst your bubble but we will be here for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.... time. That is not an exageration. Because by the time I remember them all, you'll all be dead. Trust me.

But If I had to recommend one book it'd be.... I don't know... honestly. It'd probably be some fantasy.

Ooh! I know, you need to read Miss Spitfire. Great book.

My personal favourite is the Artemis Fowl series. I'm planning to read some of the Discworld series soon.

I'd have to admit to being a huge fan of "gone with the wind." both the book and the movie. not so much it's sequel "scarlett" though. oh man, anyone remember the good ol' days of reading "goosebumps?" lol. i just remembered those for some stupid reason.

Currently I'm reading Twilight its pretty good in my opinion. When I'm bored reading Twilight then I switch over to I Am Legend which is a bit of a more Sci-Fi Book.

Best book I have ever read. Double Helix By Nancy Werlin. Brilliant book! READ IT!! READ IT NOW!!

Strangest thing is I just finished this yesterday XD I'll agree, it was an awesome book though.

I read a lot, at least a couple of books a week... I finished Useful Idiots the other week, that was a great book... I read too much, I can't think of any other titles lol I'll post more as I read more :P

I'm not in a reading period...

So I'm reading the latest Harry Potter in French. (Though I read it in English before).

Before that, I was reading a book by John Irving called "Until I find you". It was quite good, I must admit. I was reading the English version of it.

I like switching from French to English and English to French when it comes to books :)

Books suggestions are always welcomed, so I'll keep an eye on that topic :D

That'll be cool to read a book in French sadly, I don't know one bit of French.

Xepha if your interested in reading a Sci-Fi/Vampire book I highly recommend "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson.

I'm thinking about reading the Da Vinci Code, I've been planning to read it but I never really got around to it. I've heard its good, has anyone else read it?

there's this great series that i read called "cirque du freak" that's about vampires. there are 12 books in the series and i've read it over and over. they're by darren shan and absolutely fantastic. i'm also reading his other series called "the demonata." you guys should check them out. i'm also reading the confessions of georgia nicolson series which is really girly but funny.

I used to avidly follow that Darren Shan series, but I stopped reading around...uh well it's hard to say really without the books near me ^-^'' But it's been awhile, has the series ended yet?

I'd have to admit to being a huge fan of "gone with the wind." both the book and the movie. not so much it's sequel "scarlett" though. oh man, anyone remember the good ol' days of reading "goosebumps?" lol. i just remembered those for some stupid reason.

Goosebumps?! That takes me way back... My favorite will always be the one choose-your-own-adventure book where you're in a museum and you have to overthrow the super computer. Thumb print of Doom, Stay out of the basement .... I can't think of that many other titles. I'll have to watch the show over break...

Books I would suggest to people: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and The Little Prince which is by a french author... I can't recall his name

Clive Barker's Abarat series is interesting as well..

I remember Goosebumps way back. I had a few books of them I can't remember the titles though. Don't they have a series of Goosebumps on Cartoonnetwork now?

My personal favourite is the Artemis Fowl series. I'm planning to read some of the Discworld series soon.

Oh...my...gawd... I love those! I met the author, he is awesome. Eoin Colfer is so friendly. He came to a bookshop in the town a few over from mine. I never could say his name before I went to see him. BUt now I know it is said like 'Owen.'

Yeah... I started that series when I was like in third grade, so when I was eight. I loved them. Or maybe I was in second. But I couldn't have been seven when I read them.... I give up.

Currently I'm reading Twilight its pretty good in my opinion. When I'm bored reading Twilight then I switch over to I Am Legend which is a bit of a more Sci-Fi Book.

I personally think Twilight is much more better then the other 2. Nice avvie, by the way. =)

Xepha, you really should read the Twilight series since you like Vampire stories so much. The first is fantastic, and the next 2 are kinda disappointing, but it's entertaining.

I used to avidly follow that Darren Shan series, but I stopped reading around...uh well it's hard to say really without the books near me ^-^'' But it's been awhile, has the series ended yet?

Yeah, the Cirque du Freak series has ended (book 12), but now he's writing The Demonata. I have the first 4, but there are probably 5 or 6 now. I keep forgetting to look.

Books I would suggest to people: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and The Little Prince which is by a french author... I can't recall his name

I forgot to recommend that - Ender's Game is excellent!

Oh...my...gawd... I love those! I met the author, he is awesome. Eoin Colfer is so friendly. He came to a bookshop in the town a few over from mine. I never could say his name before I went to see him. BUt now I know it is said like 'Owen.'

Yeah... I started that series when I was like in third grade, so when I was eight. I loved them. Or maybe I was in second. But I couldn't have been seven when I read them.... I give up.

So that's how you pronounce it... XD

I can't remember when I started reading Artemis Fowl, but I couldn't stop.

Dude, I've read like eveyr one of his books, I think. All the Artemis Fowls, the Wishlist, the Supernaturalist, the Half-moon mystery one... am I missing any?

And for anyone who's read the Half-Moon, is there a sequel?

To my knowledge, not yet. By the way, it's 'Half Moon Investigations'. :P

You're missing 'Benny & Omar' and it's sequel.