"Opposites" Riddle

Izzy ♥

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget you also have to gain some things (like letters). And remember the original clue:

"Opposites make the world go round. Without them, where wouldn't you be?"

Some people got the answer just from that, so you don't necessarily need Meeptroid's hints (though we all appreciate them very much :) ).

I hate to do this because so many of us have been at this all day, but it's almost 1am here.... I'm getting really frustrated with this whole thing! It might be almost time for bed for me. Argh! Any more direction?!?!

One word, with less than nine letters. It shouldn't be this hard . . . I'm still looking.

From all the clues from KE, Matt, and Meeptroid, I've gathered:

1) Ignore the "footprint" and G.P., ignore the moon.

2) We're looking for a one-word answer. Not a number, a word.

3) It has to do with the letters in "Kalium Echo," not with its meaning (which is nebulous, to say the least).

4) I think the words/letters to be gained/lost are in the last two lines of the Opposites clue.

Racking my burnt brain...

I've been trying everything I can think of, to no avail. I wish this thing wasn't ending at such a ridiculous time (in my time zone, anyway).

I was thinking the phrase "without them" could be read as "without the m," but I may be overthinking this.

I'm thinking the word is smaller than that. I'm doing the standard "every possible combination" and I really, really hope I haven't missed any. If I haven't. then taking out just the M won't work.

Maybe we should find main or root words and go from there? I tried Hack.... hacker, hacked.... that sort.... but no luck. Let's see... other words...

LUCK LOCK AIL MAIL MALE CHOKE HELIUM MUCH MUCK ALIKE COIL CLOAK HOME HOLE MOCK CLUE LIKE

anything?

I was also thinking something to do with orbit maybe... who knows.... two gravities working against eachother.... a stretch....

What did he mean by saying that the answer is right beneath you? Is he talking about our keyboard?

Beneath us and over our heads . . . sounds like a house. Floor and ceiling, which are total opposites . . .

Yin and Yang. The ultimate opposite, and a balance.

So, only using kaliumecho as a base, the word is smaller than eight letters.

Hello? We only have an hour and half left . . .

If we had one straight hint -- just one -- maybe we could get somewhere. The poems have been a guiding hand thus far, and it's excellent, but I don't think a poem's gonna do any good this close to the end.