Evolution

Guest Nostalgic Trace

Animawler hesitantly reaches his hand out towards the other creature and ever so quickly shakes it.

He sniffed the air around him and grunted as he felt cool wind all around him. Looking towards the mountains in the ditance, he could make out scattered energy sources all over it. Animawler almost felt like asking about it, but it thought it was wise just to leave it alone and study it himself.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Caretaker." commented Animawler as he gathered his thoughts together. Out of pure absent-mindedness, he asked Desin a question that he had wished to keep to himself. "Have you ever been to the mountains in the distance over there?" Animawler pointed in the direcion he was talking about.

Desin sighed then replied"No it is too risky for the young ones. We are trying to stay alive we dont mind for adventure and possible death." Desin reached over and patted Animawler on the shoulder. Desin looked up and saw an object falling to the earth.

Animawler had noticed an object speed across the sky towards the ground and squinted as he stared at it hurtling towards Earth. His thermal eyesight couldn't detect any energy from it as it went by too quickly. He would have to examine it much more closely if he were to find out. "What was that?"

Desin curious took charge and said" Animawler you me and my pack are going to find out what that is." Desin picked up the injured one named Jin. And started to move.

Animawler had a depressed look on his face for a split second as he looked back at his tribal village in the distance and then at Sardon. He glanced back at Desin and gave him a unsure look and then began following him and the rest of Desin's pack. Animawler was still uncertain about this species he had met. "Let's go." he replied calmly.

Leo leapt out of the aircraft as soon as the entry platform for the abandoned base that served as his home was within reach, leaving the autopilot to dock it securely. He rushed through several dimly lit corridors, finally arriving at a bank of computer consoles, one of which was beeping frantically. He quickly pulled up a chair, and sat down so that he could examine the screen closely.

Earth's EWS (Early Warning System) was a network of satellites that had been set up back around 2100. The satellites were equipped with powerful monitoring equipment that kept a close watch on the solar system and the space around it, and they were capable of giving asteroid collision warnings up to 3 months in advance. They also had a military use - in the event of an invasion involving spacecraft, much smaller and harder to detect than asteroids, the EWS could give several days warning, enough time for a fleet to be prepped and deployed for combat.

Several years ago, after the majority of the Homo Sapiens civilisation had been destroyed, Leo had managed to crack the access codes on the EWS uplink in the nuclear launch base he lived in. He bent down to examine the readings, and what he saw made him laugh out loud. Speeding through space in perfect formation, oblivious to what happened on Earth in the past few decades, was an invasion fleet, proudly displaying the United Mars Spacefleet emblem on their hulls.

"I am Sardon, Desin, of the Homo Sapio tribe. Let us forget our differences and work together. I sense troubling times are ahead."

Crusher

"Not you up in the sky. I know who you are. This is why we stop talking. Because your so conceited."Desin said trying to find out what had crashed.

Going over the logs for the past few hours, Leo pieced together the recent events that had occurred in his absence. The Mars invasion fleet had sent repeated transmissions, declaring war on Earth's forces and demanding a response. When they didn't receive one, they had sent a message probe with a recording to declare the demands. "It seems they finally decided that Earth's resources would be useful to them." Leo muttered to himself. "The place where the message probe crashed isn't very far from the spot I was watching just now. I'd better go and retrieve it."

Guest Nostalgic Trace

Levy roared at Desin and threw one of his massive wings into him, knocking him about 50 feet back and gave Levy enough time to get up into the air and fly around Desin about 300 feet in the air.

Desin got up quickly and wondered what the mysterious creature is even more barbaric looking than Animawler. He asked again who he was.

Guest Nostalgic Trace

Levy perched on a nearby tree and answered Desin in a doubled, satanic type voice, "I? I don't have a name. You on the other hand, do you know what I see? A meal!"

Levy dove again and with incredible speed ran into Desin from his right side, throwing him far into the brush.

Levy rose again and circled, waiting for Desin to reappear.

Animawler suddenly went into a crazed frenzy mode and snarled at the winged creature above him. His thermal eyesite showed that this creaure was bursting with abnormal amounts of energy and was certainly putting it to good use. Reaching into his his leather bound pouch beside him, he quickly retrieved sharp poison-filled darts and skillfully flung them into the air towards the flying beast.

Desin quickly rushed to the children and ushered them to a nearby cave. Got the darts he just had and started to fail them around wildly.

Levy dove around nearly each of all the darts, and amazingly caught the poisoned-tipped ones with one of his talons. He dropped them above Desin, targeting him, and continued dodging the other flying projectiles.

"Leave this to me.", Sardon said cooly. "They don't call me an inventor for nothing." He pulled out a massive long tube from a shoulder bag he always carried, and set it up within thirty seconds. It folded out into what resembled a telescope of sorts, but hollow and wider. "Stand back, this thing's nasty." He loaded the cannon, and it shot an energy net straight at the Homo Chiropian. It fell to the ground, silent. "It's unconscious, but not dead. Move it as far away from here as possible. Something of that power should be awake within the hour. Lets go."

Crusher

Something was behind them. It was another Chiropian. It threw itself at Sardon, took his weapon by its talons and threw it far from him. The Chiropian then landed beside the other Chiropian and grabbed him by the shoulders, carrying him away.