Evolution

Guest Nostalgic Trace

Guest Nostalgic Trace

Nearly two centuries into the future and humanity is dead, but its descendants live on in hope their species will turn Earth back into what it once was.

In 2009, under secrecy, labs around the world rejoiced as the first of its kind was born. A human Chimera. Faster, stronger, and smarter. But it was still human.

In 2011, word of the creation reached the US government and it was put to an end, the Chimera was destroyed.

In 2048 NASA built self-sustaining colonies on Mars, they no longer relied on imports from Earth and slowly began to terraform Mars.

In 2098 the first forest on Mars appeared, slowly Mars became Earth's sister planet.

In 2136 travel to and from Mars was banned for reasons unknown.

In 2137, human Chimera creation became legal as Christianity and other religions lost followers and slowly died. But religion remained large on Mars.

In 2140 a chimpanzee-human hybrid was found to be living among chimps in Africa, it had the ability to communicate with words and had the strength of a chimpanzee. But, it was sterile.

Mars remained isolated from Earth and prospers because of it.

In 2153, new studies create a new species of human. It is raised and monitored.

In 2171, the new species named Homo Sapio gains new members as researchers continue its creation.

In 2172, another lab creates a different form of human, it was given the name Homo Chiropian. It ages two times as fast as Homo Sapien.

In 2201, a third species of human is created, this one is Homo Sapien's downfall.

In 2221, the third species, named Homo Schreudcht, reproduced and destroyed the lab it was created in.

By 2243, most of the Homo Sapiens on Earth have been destroyed. Leaving just three species to fight for dominance among a burning world.

Chose one of 3 species, below is a description of each.

Homo Sapio (say pee oh)

This species is much like Homo Sapien except for their ability to see thermal energy. Their keen eyes can pick up on almost any light signature. They are also incredibly intelligent. But their weakness is they are dependent on tools. Tools for hunting, tools for defense, etc. They live together in tribes. They can get up to 5'11" tall and weigh about 120-140 lbs.

Homo Chiropian (kai row pee an)

You wouldn't expect this species to be in any way at all related to Humans. Their bones are lighter and less dense, their eyesight is weak, their skin is a sickly gray-brown, and they have incredibly large claws on their feet and hands, also considered to be talons. They have winged arms, like bat wings, and can fly at tremendous speeds. They are loners, they only come into contact with each other for mating. They can get up to 9'0" tall but weigh a mere 70 lbs.

Homo Schreudcht (shru duct)

This species is by far the best of the two. It is very agile and very strong, it normally hunts in packs, similar to wolves. Its weapons are its arms, which have the power to shatter a skull with one mighty swing. With dense muscles and strong skeleton it managed to survive. When running it flails its arms behind it and puts full force to its legs. They can get up to 7'0" tall and weigh about 300 lbs.

Chose your species and prepare for a fight for survival, only one can win.

Name:

Species: (either Homo Sapio, Homo Chiropian, or Homo Schreudcht)

Age: (Keep in mind that Homo Chiropians age twice as fast as regular Humans)

Height:

Weight:

Personality:

History:

---

Name: Levy

Species: Homo Chiropian

Height: 8'7"

Weight: 63 lbs

Personality: Not much to say here, he basically runs on instincts just like most Homo Chiropians.

History: He is the son of the original Homo Chiropian and has carved out a niche on Earth by by killing bats.

Levy was hefting a tiger cub up to his mountain, where he will dig into its flesh and enjoy a meal. The tiger cub was abandoned and Levy couldn't resist.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name:Animawler

Species: Homo Sapio

Height: 4'5"

Weight: 122

Personality: Decides for himself and creates own decisions. Tends to get along with same species as himself.

History: Lives in a decent sized tribe a couple miles away from the mountains. Nothing too special.

Animawler scanned the area with his eyes. He saw faint energy sources scattered around the mountains in the distance. Each energy source was a distance away from the next and hardly seemed to cross paths. Animawler grunted.

Name: Desin

Species: Homo Schreudcht

Height: 5'

Weight: 105 lbs

Personality: Gets along with all any species except Homo Chiropian for they are too barbaric.

History: Lives in pack of about 10 or so. my job is to take care of the young ones.

Desin put the young ones to sleep as he noticed something odd.

Animawler lifted his head in the air and took a couple deep sniffs.

He turned his attention away from the mountains and felt the cool breeze of wind his face. A strange scent was blown towards him and he reacted curiously. He couldn't help pondering the strange scent and how it seemed familiar.

Approaching the odd scent, Animawler entered into unfamiliar ground. The source of the scent was somewhere around the area he was at. Animawler scanned the land before him and detected life was present. 'Hot Spots' became present as he looked about. Several groups of energy sources were clustered together, while some were scattered about. Carefully, Animawler bent over and grabbed a fairly decent sized rock with sharp edges and hoisted it off the ground. He let out several grunts and went to the nearest energy source. It was then he discovered the inhabitants of this area. Like himself, the species he was looking at now certainly had human-like qualities. It seems, however, that the creature he detected closest to him was a mere child. The creature was heavily built even though it was so young.

Lifting the rock over his head, Animawler stared coldly as he let go and had the rock fall on the creature's leg.

Quickly turning around, he spotted another one of the species. This time, somewhat older and looks like some sort of care taker.

Desin quickly rushed to the injured child and did some first aid. He looked up at the barbaric looking creature and asked" Who are you and why did you hurt the young ones?"

Animawler stumbled backwards and fell. This creature was capable of speaking. It is almost certain this species is related to humans. He glanced at the older creature beside the young one. "Animawler. Reason why I have intruded and attacked? Curiosity and instinct. Accept my sincer apo-" he stopped dead in his tracks. Apologize? It's not like he could've controled himself. Even though this species hasn't attacked him for his intrusion, he couldn't help but get bad vibes around them. Perhaps it was instinct. Perhaps only one species could prosper while others die off.

"I'm a Homo Sapio. Move aside so I can continue on my way. This place could provide excellent shelter and other needs for my tribe."

Desin stood his ground and said" I demand you aplogize. You will not have this spot our pack has been living here for before I was born." Desin motioned for the young ones to run up into the trees where he couldnt be reached and then said" If you do not leave now I will fight you"

The challenge for a fight almost made Animawler smile. He couldn't be happier to finally see how strong this species truly is. "Move, you say? I think not." he responded as he reached into a leather pouch and pulled out small sharpened needle-like rocks in the form of darts. Animawler grinned.

Name: Sardon

Species: Homo Sapio

Height: 5"0

Weight: 125 lbs

Personality: Thoughtful. A loner and inventor, he is often separated from his tribe.

History: Has left his tribe in search for new technology. Was good friends with the Homo Sapiens and hates and blames all Homo Schreudcht for their destruction.

Sardon woke and gazed across the land. He yawned and stretched. Suddenly he stopped. Something was wrong! He looked again, yes there was Desin. They had met before. Sardon's hand clenched in fury. And there, next to him, was Animawler. He laughed. The mechanical darts he had invented for him would overpower Desin in no time. He ran at the thought of greeting his old friend, suddenly wide awake.

Crusher

((All right.

Name: Leo

Species: Homo Sapiens

Height: 3'9"

Weight: 30 lbs

Personality: Extremely quiet & introverted, prefers to avoid contact, but incredibly smart

History: Finished university at the age of 15, was a brilliant scientist who created and perfected the technology that allowed Homo Schreudcht to be created; the technology also contributed to the genetic refinement of the other two species. He directly opposed the ban on Earth-Mars travel during his lifetime, and now that the Homo Sapiens civilisation is destroyed, he works by himself on a project that will allow the last remnants to evacuate to Mars. Also studies the other species like any scientist would, but he appreciates them as sentient, and doesn't interfere with their activities.))

Leo watched the three different humans from a safe distance, piloting a small aircraft at an altitude even Homo Chiropian would hesitate before attempting to reach. He was using optical equipment that had once been used by the US military to assist in the defence of the nuclear launch facility that now served as his home. He activated the autopilot on his aircraft, and stared, transfixed, at the exchange below.

By now Sardon had reached Animawler.

"Animawler, it is good to see you again, my friend. Who is this that dares oppose you?"

Suddenly the three of them stopped dead. They all turned to look at the sky. "What...what is that thing?!", Sardon whispered, shivering with shock." I've never seen anything like it in my life!"

A giant metal bird was soaring high up in the sky. Sardon's thermal vision confirmed it was not alive, but something else disturbed him.

"It's not alive...but...something else is, inside it."

Crusher

"Animawler, STOP!". Sardon had surprised himself. Why did he say that? He looked at the children. He knew that without this adult they would soon perish. But why did he care? They would grow up to hunt him, so why should he not kill them now? "This isn't right.", Sardon said to Animawler. "This, this mindless violence. Don't you see? It will destroy us all. Make your decision, Animawler. Kill him and you will leave here with a new enemy. Spare him, and you will have proven yourself not to be a mindless moron wwith more brawn than brains. We are supposed to intelligent, we are supposed to laugh at the Homo Schreudcht's violence. And yet we are no better. Make your choice, Animawler!"

Crusher

Guest Nostalgic Trace

((Just to make something clear about Homo Chiropian, when I was describing the species I had the Chiropterans from Blood+ in mind. I found a video on youtube I would like you guys to look at. It is a scene from Blood+, goto about 2:20 http://youtube.com/watch?v=xTHPDowAlBU It shows what flight capabilities the Homo Chiropians have, as well as their appearance.))

Levy's speed through the forest was astounding. He screamed again, just to confirm where he was going. Then he flew to the top of a tree and perched on it, waiting...

Leo turned on a hydrophone he had modified for use in air, and continued to listen to the conversation, fascinated.

As the autopilot brought his aircraft around for another bank, Leo heard a signal he recognised, and froze. His watch was beeping persistently in an unnaturally high-pitched tone. Earth's EWS had been set off. He switched the controls back to manual, and headed for his home.

Animawler let the darts drop freely to the ground and he sighed in self-pity. Sardon hadn't been anymore correct in his statement. Mindless violence wouldn't solve anything and it was a mystery to him as of why he even hurt another species in the first place. He lowered his head and shook it as he inched away from everyone around him. "I apologize everyone. Especially that young creature over there." he gloomily said as he glanced at the small child who he had absent-mindedly hurt.

"To be honest, I'm disgusted at my own self. Believe it or not, I couldn't really help myself. Don't find me wrong or anything, as I'm not trying to blame something else for my actions. It's just that... it came naturally for me to do what I had done. As if it was survival to the finish. As if resources on this planet are becoming scarce.... As if... there can only be one victorious species..."

As Animawler finished what he was saying, he looked uncomfortably at everyone around him.

Desin eyed him. Thought about what he said and said" Our packs accepts your apology" Hold his hand out to shake it. Desin Motioned for the kids to come down.