School Events

Superfly

Hello everyone! This is Superfly. :) I was wondering what all does on like in your schools, party and event wise?

I'm sure most of all yalls schools has a Student Body Senent or something like that. So, what kinda things do they plan, or that everyone talks about and everyone has the coolest time at and all that stuff. I'm talking like everything, not just the huge events and dances, but even the littlest things. :)

I'll go first:

Probably the most well gone to event is homecoming, but I personally find it boring and all that stuff. I prefer the smaller events like random goings to soccer games or games (dodgeball is a current favorite) in the gym and such. :)

We have some interesting events here, besides our two battle of the bands shows and dodgebowl (basically dodgeball but a little bit different, never seen it myself), we also have a team athletic event where random sports are picked for one person for each to take part in happens and the winning team gets a prize. We also have Homecoming, the Snowflake Shake and Prom for dances, plus an After Prom too. Besides that we also have a dance showcase, two talent shows and about six plays every year.

We have some really active involvement at this school in everything except football, we haven't won a homecoming game in around 19 years. The dances are nice if we get good DJ's, but more often than not we don't so it's mainly pop and overplayed rock that gets played.

**Firstly, I'm an adult and I'm studying with adults too :P**

Most importants events in my program included...

- the initiation day (that was today, I didn't participate lol It's my 3rd year there...)

- Wine & Cheese (once per semester) Went there 2 times. First time it was fun, second time I didn't like the place where it was. Too small for the number of people inside. And anyway, you have to be there really early if you actually want cheese... and there's never enough bread for everybody <.<

- They also try to organise party for any reasons that you can think of... I don't attempt to them.

- STRIKES. They are really good to make us miss class in order to voice our opinions ;p

- Oh yeah... they organized a Spa day last year... and a visit to "la cabane a sucre" (google it if you don't know what it is XD)

Otherwise, 2 years ago, we had the habit to go drink a beer at the school's bar after our "Groupe Restreint" class.

I don't know yet what is coming for this year. I'm not really involved in anything XD

We have a good tradition of senior pranks, homecoming week, more active classes and each of the schools areas (drama, sports, math, science, newspaper/journal, etc.) have their own unique events for members.

We had a Staff-Student debate a couple of weeks ago, that was pretty fun. The moot was "Everything we need to know about medicine we can learn from Grey's Anatomy (the TV show)" and the staff were the affirmative. They were pretty hilarious XD

Grassroots, the rural health club on campus, ran a Rural Olympics near the beginning of last semester too, that was... interesting. Some of the events were really random.

As for other events... we have pub crawls every month or so, there was a ball last week, and at the beginning of the year we had "freshers camp" where all the new med students go away for a weekend and 'get to know each other'. Its really just an excuse to get drunk though, I was sorry I went.

(I'm around the same age as Xepha, in case you were wondering XD)

Ah, the best thing at my school was when we did the Freshmen lock-in. So much fun. What you do is on one particular Friday, all Freshmen stay at school from 9 pm to 7 in the morning, doing games, moon bounces, watching movies, playing DDR and Guitar Hero (that's what I did most of the night), and other stuffers like that. Really great. =)

We have a lot of dances at our school - the usual seasonals: welcome back, winter formal, spring casual, prom, etc.

We also have school houses into which everyone is grouped, where all our intermurals are based out of. Mostly sports, but also chess, euchre, crib and all kinds of stuff. And then there's a whole bunch of charity things, including yearly Terry Fox runs and runs for Parkinsons's, MS, hissi cancer, the local society for animals in distress, and more. My favourite thing is a montly open mic night... it's like a combo of student comedy, music, plays, skits - it's great. We have pep rallies for all our varsity teams... we do mentoring with elementary age kids... and there's all the student vs. staff activities. Yeah, my school is pretty busy. :)

Nice, we get to do the Walk of Dimes and a few other charity walk/runs with my school. We also have a peer counseling which is nice since you can just go in and chat with juniors and seniors about your life problems if you feel like talking more to someone your age and we just got two giant trees in our activites hall which are nice even if a bunch of idiots are already putting gum on them and other stupid stuff. We basically don't stop from the middle of summer before school even begins until May when we finally wind down everything, it's insane.

We have a good tradition of senior pranks, homecoming week, more active classes and each of the schools areas (drama, sports, math, science, newspaper/journal, etc.) have their own unique events for members.

haaaaa, well I was going to wait to reply to this when I felt like I could. I'm sort of tired at the moment. Then I saw your post and I had to comment,

my school is "Home of the Wildcats" and we have these big letters on the side of gym saying so.

The senior prank uh.. 2 years ago I think... was that somehow they removed the "m" in home.

it was terribly funny.

[oh, ps, I'll edit this post later to include some stuff]