Frozen?

lbrookover

Hiya All,

I have a friend who's account was frozen some time back. She even called neopets and got a song and dance about she wouldn't get her points even though it had been stolen.

Here's the story...

She was playing Black Pawkeet Slots and won the jackpot of over 2.8M NP. She also had over 1M NP in her account. When she tried to put her winnings into her account the account was hacked, then frozen.

I know you're thinking "yeah right" but she has a screen shot of the winning jackpot! I know her not to be a cheater or a liar.

Do you have any suggestions what should be done? I know it's probably a lost cause but I thought I would post it.

She filled out their form but still the account remains frozen, and no response from the NPT or from the form they required her to submit.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas?

Thx,

Lisa

If you look at the picture, you'll see it's not a jackpot win, but a 500k NP win, but it awarded the jackpot, so it's curious if you ask me. Personally, I think it was a game failure and they just blamed it on her.

Given the fact this is a game site, and they're revenue relies on members, you would think they would be nicer, just a thought ;)

np-loosers1.jpg

My condolences to your friend. It's really frustrating to get frozen and lose stuff that you've earned.

TNT probably did mistake the game being faulty for her cheating in some way... it's not fair but it's life.

As for getting back a frozen account, in my experiences it's close to impossible. I have one friend who was frozen, and then chain frozen, and then frozen again. She did absolutely nothing wrong, seeing as she didn't play games, have a shop, go on the boards, etc. She filled out the forms and even sent a letter to the Neopets headquarters in the states, but nothing happened. But, it's not hopeless. :) Your friend could try sending a letter to Neopets - it's more likely that they will answer that than an email.

The screenie shows a jackpot win... 1 pile of treasure and 4 flags...

What is the reason they are giving her for her frozeness? (Which rule in the Terms and Conditions?)

And how was she "hacked"?

It stinks that she lost all those neopoints, and got her account frozen. I mean, she should at least be able to get her account back, maybe not the neopoints. >.>

The screenie shows a jackpot win... 1 pile of treasure and 4 flags...

What is the reason they are giving her for her frozeness? (Which rule in the Terms and Conditions?)

And how was she "hacked"?

A jackpot win would've been for crocs, so it was obviously a game error something she or NP didn't realized, but It's my understanding when she tried to put the NP's into her bank it froze her.

Hacked, well, someone was taking stuff out her account while she was trying to deposit the winnings. Or that's my understanding.

I realize it's just a game, but sometimes, not a very friendly one. I think they need to work on their people skils ;)

TC :)

Lisa

Hacked, well, someone was taking stuff out her account while she was trying to deposit the winnings. Or that's my understanding.

It's to my understanding that two people can't be signed onto the same account at one time. If I was signed on my account, and someone else logs onto my account, it logs me off.

I don't know but, isn't it a bit of a coincidence that she was hacked just when she was about to move her winnings? Someone must have known about her price winnings to have hacked her. Now, it takes a while to hack someone's account and not many hackers will spend so long just hacking one single account. So in order to be hacked that easily, your friend must have had a weak password and so TNT can use that as an excuse for not giving the account back. Technically, if she had a weak password, it is partly her fault for not taking the precautions. Now, if that's not the case, I would suggesting sending TNT a MAIL or a FAX and even get her parents' signatures on it.

It was a real jackpot winning, not a glitch in the game

To win the Jackpot you need 5 Treasure Piles (or a mixture of Treasure Piles and Flags) in a line.

(from http://www.neopets.com/~Kyeps)

And please ask her which frozen message she is seeing when she is trying to log in. Perhaps she was frozen for something else...

I'm sorry your friend lost her account :( I have two friends who have been frozen, and unfortunately neither of them have ever gotten their old accounts back.

It's to my understanding that two people can't be signed onto the same account at one time. If I was signed on my account, and someone else logs onto my account, it logs me off.

Yeah, this is a safegaurd that Neo has in place - two people cannot be logged into one account at the same time.

• 1 month later...

no offense but neopets does delete random account for no reason they just pretty much guess about it=C sometime my guess is not to spend toooooooooooooo much times on neopet because there gonna like look at your account and say hey this kid had 1m NP for 1 month she hacking and froze them I know that happened to me I reported on the TNT for like ALOT of times but they did'nt do anything at all the nice way to say about them is that fairness is not there strong spot you know what I mean?

Sorry to hear that. u_u

My accounts are frozen as well when I was trying to activate my friends account.

She didn't bother to tell me the reason why she was frozen because she was a spammer...

So I activated it for her then all of a sudden, all my accounts were frozen.

I was like wtf...