School T_T

Guest Levy

School's starting, or has already started, for many students in the Northern Hemisphere. I remember a topic like this last year, you post alittle about your school and post your school schedule. That way we can all relate.

*Note: If you don't know your schedule, then please don't just post to bring up your post count. If people do that then this topic could go off topic in a hurry.

My school just underwent a massive renovation, we got a new cafeteria and several mathematics rooms downstairs. We also got a new heating and air conditioning system and many of the rooms upstairs have had the walls stripped and repainted with Spanish Lace. Unfortunately, the school is STILL undergoing construction and one of my classes is on the balcony in the Gymnasium as a result of the construction.

My Schedule is based on semesters, 90 days per semester. I am a Junior in American High School ((That's not the name of the school I just wanted to make it clear that I am in the USA.))

Semester 1:

Period 1: Dramatic Literature

Period 2: German I

Period 3: US History

Period 4: Physics

Period 5: Micro Biology

Period 6: Web Design XD

Period 7: Study Hall

Semester 2:

Period 1: Study Hall

Period 2: German I

Period 3: Graphic Arts II

Period 4: Physics

Period 5: Genetics

Period 6: US History

Period 7: Debate

I go to school in Colorado and we follow a different schedule at my particular high school. We do a block schedule, which is that classes are split up into two days with four periods each day. Lunch is third period both days but it's different classes that happen to be a lot longer, 95 minutes per class usually. My schedule is as such. R stands for Red Days, the first of the two days and G is for Green Days, the second of the two days. I'm a senior in the USA looking towards college and surviving this year. I'm glad I go to the school I do, we're a big school and we were just ranked the best in our city. We don't do many renovations besides some yearly repainting and some changes to the rooms, but it's nice enough to the eye if not a bit cramped in the halls at times.

Semester 1

1R: Men's Choir

2R: Asian/Pacific Studies

3R: Off

4R: AP Enviormental Sciences

1G: AP Statistics

2G: Reading, Writing, Philosophy Honors

3G: German 3

4G: Sociology

Semester 2

1R: Men's Choir

2R: Teacher's Assistant

3R: Off

4R: AP Enviormental Sciences

1G: AP Statistics

2G: Reading, Writing, Philosophy Honors

3G: German 3

4G: Off

Okay...

Well I'm starting back in 2 weeks, but I already have my schedule since we are the one who are picking our subjects and classes :)

About my University : it's a big place, full of people... pretty cool and they did some renovation too (the book store, I think). But I didn't go there since June, so I don't know really more about it. A semester is 15 weeks, and we have a reading week at the 7th or 8th week (I've to check that!) All class are lasting 3 hours and we take a break of 15min in the middle of it. That's about it.

It's my last year before I graduate as a Bachelor in "Communication (relations humaines)"

My schedule will be at the following (Sorry, it will be in French because I don't feel like translating it)

Monday

9:30 - 12:30 : DEVELOPPEMENT PSYCHOSOCIAL DE L'ADULTE

14:00 - 17:00 : T.I.C. ET RELATIONS HUMAINES

Tuesday

9:30 - 12:30 : COMMUNICATION ET INTERVENTION III: STRATEGIES D'INTERVENTION

Wednesday

9:30 - 12:30 (once per 2 weeks) : STAGE

Thursday

9:30 - 12:00 : PSYCHOSOCIOLOGIE DE LA COMMUNICATION DE MASSE

Friday

OFF

I'll have another schedule in January. We are choosing it in October.

My school is a private school in Malaysia, and it claims to be a non-profit organisation (although they charge bloated school fees and us international students don't get very good facilities - do the math). The main problem is that the school holds AGMs where all the parents (who are also the shareholders of the school) can vote on stuff, but since there are more students, and thus more parents, from the national section of the school there, they always vote improvements to our facilities out, instead giving the national section all the funds, even though they have WAY better facilities than we do.

But recently we got a new headmaster who's managed to get the go-ahead for some renovation to our school.

My schedule:

Monday

7:30-8:30: Mathematics

8:30-10:00: Biology

10:20-11:20: English

11:20-12:20: Economics

12:50-13:50: Additional Mathematics

13:50-15:00: Bahasa Melayu (the Malaysian language)

15:00-16:00: English

Tuesday

7:30-9:00: English

9:00-10:00: Mathematics

10:20-11:20: Bahasa Melayu

11:20-12:20: Chemistry

12:50-14:20: Physics

14:30-16:00: Additional Mathematics

Wednesday

7:30-9:00: Additional Mathematics

9:00-10:00: Mathematics

10:20-11:50: Economics

11:50-12:20: English (library)

12:50-14:20: Physics

14:30-16:00: Information Technology

Thursday

7:30-9:00: Chemistry

9:00-10:00: Physics

10:20-12:20: English (ugh, 2 hours straight)

12:50-14:20: Biology

14:30-16:00: Economics

Friday

7:30-9:00: Chemistry

9:00-10:00: Citizenship (a pointless class which we all use to chat)

10:20-11:50: Mathematics

11:50-12:20: Information Technology

12:50-13:45: Information Technology

14:00-15:00: Biology

15:00-16:00: Physical Education

Well, I've just chosen my subjects for next year.

NCEA Math Lvl 2

NCEA English Lvl 2

NCEA Geography Lvl 2

NCEA Science Lvl 1

NCEA Psychology Lvl 1

NCEA Economics Lvl 1

I would have chosen the Cisco course in networking, but apparetly only four or five people are chosen for that class from our year-ahead group of classes, and I'm pretty much in the Top 5-10.

My scheudula is simple

Honor Algebra 2 Year Long

PE 1 Semester 1

Honors Biology Semester 1

Honors US Studies 2 Semester 1

Honors English 9 Year long

Foundation of Technology Semester two

Digital Photography Semester two

Honors Spanish 3 Semester Two

The year long classes are only half a period.

This year I'm in between third and fourth year of Electrical Engineering :nerd: in the Great White North known as Canada (actually in the southern most area of the north, so not really all that north). We take our classes in semesters and my schedule is full of conflicts of overlapping classes, so I have to decide which class I'll be going to each day. We have hour classes 3 times a week for each course, so there's a lot of time in between classes where I do mostly volunteer work or student council business (I'm Outreach Commissioner). Our school consists of about 30 buildings including a hospital, so I'm sure some of them have had a spiff done, but ours (the Engineering building) just gets cleaned... we're not picky. We did get a really cool mural depicting all the awesome events and times you have in engineering here... I love it, it's so cool to walk by and recognize new things all the time. I won't bore you with my actual timetable as it's a mess and would take a long time for me to type out.

Anyway, here's my list of courses with 'yay or nay' scale (1 being NAY-est and 10 being YAY-est).

Semester 1

-Advanced Calculus for Electrical Engineers (1)

-Digital Logic Systems (7)

-Communications Theory (5)

-Electric Power Systems II (7)

-Power Electronics (8)

Semester 2

-Statistics for Engineers (3)

-Control Systems (5)

-Microprocessers and Microcomputers (-100, assembly launguage programming :thumbsdown:)

-Engineering Ethics, Sustainable Development and The Law (9)

-Power System Protection (10)

I'm starting school on Sept. 4th, this year I'll be a senior in high school. I also live in Canada - Ontario to be more specific. My school just got completely re-roofed, our pool got re-tiled, all of the windows were replaced and we have a new principal. Major changes! I'm on a semester system, so 4 classes for half the year and another 4 for the last half of the year. We have four "days" so the classes rotate every day. I think classes are usually an hour and twenty minutes, and we have a little over an hour fo lunch.

My first semester is:

Advanced Functions and Relations (Math)

Ancient World History - 2000 B.C. to 1000 A.D.

Free Period

Academic English

Second semester:

Free Period

Philosophy

Advanced Music Theory & Performance

Advanced Physics

I've been back for six weeks already... in fact after tomorrow I get another two weeks holiday (yay for mid-semester break!). My university is big in NZ terms, but I'd guess not by the standards of those of you guys in the northen hemisphere. We have four different campuses, the main city one, and education one, one out at Tamaki, and where I am in the medical and health sciences campus. My campus is pretty small, just four buildings plus the main Auckland City hospital.

My classes this semester are:

- Respiratory System (big test tomorrow...)

- Cardiovascular System

- Genitourinary System

- Principles of Medicine Part 2

I can't post my actual timetable because it changes every week. Most of my days run from 9am to 4pm though.

@Xepha - I so wish I had your timetable XD

First Semester:

1. College Algebra & Trig.

2. Coed Jr/Sr PE

3. Digital Photography

4. U.S. History

5. French I

6. Jr. Lunch/Hr

7. H. Physics

8. AP Language and Composition

-----------

Second Semester:

1. College Algebra & Trig.

2. Coed Jr/Sr PE

3. Forensics

4. U.S. History

5. French I

6. Jr. Lunch/Hr

7. H. Physics

8. AP Language and Composition

I've been waiting to post here until school started and I got my schedule.

So, today was my first day of 11th grade. Exciting!

My school has a strange schedule thing...

We have "channels" A-G instead of periods 1-7 (+), and each channel has 2 parts. So, there's A1 and A2, B1 and B2, C1 and C2, etc etc.

Our core classes take up a whole channel (both 1 and 2).. so like.. our English, History, Math, Language, Scicene all take up a full channel and some of our electives do the same.

If you are interested in how our schedule looks here it is:

daily_schedule_01.jpg

So, here ya go-

A- AP Latin 4 [+ at least 45mins after school every Thursday]

B- AP English Composition (Brit. Lit.)

C- US History

D- Traditional/Digital Photography

E- Honors Algebra II/Trig

F- Chemistry I

G- (first semester) Physical Education (gym) (Both 1&2, which is usually only 1 OR 2, but b/c of other classes I had to double up)

G- (2nd semester) Creative Writing

Everything for me this year is a full year course except my creative writing/PE

=]

I like how my school does classes. It works quite nicely.... so you don't have EVERY class EVERY day.

I'm starting school next Wednesday, September 3rd. I'll be going into the 8th grade (;-;). I know all my teachers, except homeroom, being that she taught 2nd grade last year, and is now teaching 8th. I don't know my schedule yet, but it will consist of Literature, Math, Science, Social Studies, Religion, Grammar, and Lunch each day, and with Gym, Music, Art, Free, Library, and Spanish once a week, usually after Lunch.

I'm excited for the new year, being as an old classmate who left in 5th grade is coming back. The only downside is everyone's least favorite teacher from last year is now the vice principal.