23 members have voted

1. 1. What do younk of them?

• Cool
    • Smart
    • Evil
    • Dumb
    • Whats a scammer?
    • I dont care!

Lately as I have been searching the trading post for paint brushes I have seen people attempting to scam people by tricking them saying that Plushies are the real thing. Its disgraceful. So I report them. What do you think?

Oh, I usually report scammers, unless it's just a chain letter, then it's not worth my time. But all in all, scammers are stupid/lazy.

I typically report them. one of them I saw admited to scamming because he got scammed/

As I don't go on the trades much, I don't really notice, but I do agree that they're just disgraceful.

I think its sad to scam people for nothing what do you get out of it. A few pixels. Cool!

I think they should be reported. There are unknowing neopians out there that are going to give them the hard earned NPs and then go to paint their pet and all it's going to say is "play". Although, I can understand why they are so tempting to be scammed by (as in buying one if it were true) how awesome would it be to have a plushie faerie pet?

My sister was frozen because she had a ton of the plushie brushes and had them in trades, with nothing in her wishlist, and another girl offered her some obscene amount of NPs (at the time probably 100k) and my sister accepted and never tried to correct the girl... so the girl reported her saying that my sister had told her it was a real paintbrush and refused to pay her back. She lost a great account... it was terrible.

• 3 months later...

Its worth between 500-700 k and up. but somethimes you can find good deals.

Although you did gravedig and made this irreleveant.

The last piece of the lab map isn't worth that much any more - Tarla gave it out and now its back down around 50k again.

Anyway, on topic, I think scammers are just silly XD Neo is just a game after all, why steal virtual items/money?

Scamming on the Trading Post is annoying and evil. <_<

I hate it most when people offer junk on good items...I'm always afraid I'll misclick and end up accepting.

Trying to trick people with fake/plushie/or whatever versions of good items is also evil and only preys on inexperienced players who typically have less np as it is.

I've noticed that some people who try to scam on the Trading Post generally do it in the first few seconds of the trade being listed. They check the 20 newest trades and if they see something valuable they'll offer junk. It's happened to me plenty of times.

Luckily enough for me I rarely go to the trading post then - I've gotten one or two junk offers in my time though.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime Heart) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not post on topics more than 14 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime Heart if you have any questions regarding this action.