[Service announcement] Server in critical state

Ian

Dear The Daily Neopets users,

Our server is having an extremely difficult time dealing with the amount of requests the main TDN site is getting (our forums are fine; they are on a different server than the main site is). Additionally, our host has placed restrictions on TDN.com, limiting the amount of connections to The Daily Neopets at one time. If you get a "Service Unavailable" error page, please try visiting TDN again in a few minutes. We are actively working with TDN.com's hosting provider to solve this problem.

Please be patient as the server is working incredibly hard... so things are a bit slow.

Thank you,

Ian

That's no good. :(

It was playing games with me yesterday trying to sort out someones questions on the ALP using the swanky new avatar section, but it sorted itself out over time.

So would refreshing actually make this problem worse or not?

I think it has something to do with the new layout. Ever since the new layout, it loads at least 20x slower, and I'm sure it's not entirely the server. Perhaps the layout coding could be simplified?

I didn't notice any difference with the loading time, probably because our connection can't load any slower. :sleeping_03anim: