YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!

Ian

Hello folks,

Go look at the main site - the new TDN Y2 is here!

We decided that our boring red and white layout needed to go and that we needed to step it up a notch. There are numerous new things for your to explore on our new site! Please immediately report any layout bugs that you find and see. :) Anyway, here's a run down of the new Y2!

New search - a much needed new search has been added to the new Y2. We now have an avatar search, content search, and even a Neopets search all integrated on one page. Just type in what you're looking for in the upper right-hand corner and press 'Enter!' Our search engine does all of the dirty work and finds everything for you. Please try not and run too many search queries at once, seeing as our search engine is a massive program! It takes lots of resources to run a query. Be nice, 'eh? ;)

Re-organized pages - We've now gone the extra mile and re-categorized all of our pages. All pages are now broken up into subcategories so it should be easier to find what you're looking for. Game guides have been broken down into their respective categories, as labeled by Neopets, and our articles are in new subcategories too. Once again, our site is huge now... so use the handy search feature if you can't find what you're looking for!

New and improved dailies page - Our dailies list has been entirely redone from the bottom up. We have a huge, updated list of dailies for everybody to use now! Additionally, we've added a Make 40,000 NP a Day guide RIGHT on the dailies page for your convenience. Now you can do all of your dailies AND make 40k a day... all on one page. We thought it was only logical. ;)

Return of the Turmaculus alert - Our older Turmaculus alert system didn't work only because numerous people had the ability to easily abuse it. Our Turmaculus alert is now staff-powered. However, there is a page on the new Y2 that allows you to press and button that sends an alert to our staff whenever the Turmaculus is awake! Please send us any Turmy alerts that you have and an ever-so-pretty purple Turmy alert box will appear all over the site! Our other alerts are also still here.

Avatar section totally redone - Our avatar section was old and weird looking. Period. o_O So, we decided to give the tables a different look. Now the actual solutions are in a popup, instead of on the actual page. Additionally, some other fields have been added to every avatar (release date, up for avatar lending, avatar colors, estimated cost, etc). Go check it out!

Neopets cheat list redone - Our Neopets cheat list was looking a bit shabby, so just recently our wonderful staff member Samuel decided to redo it. Kudos to Sam! It's all nice and shiny lookin' now! :D

Decreased advertisement - We've taken off a LOT of ads. And I mean A LOT.

Decluttered navigation - We've removed our big tabs, and now we have major links to the top right-hand corner. Your dailies and cheat lists, plus the link to the forums, can be found in the 'hotlinks' below the logo! All of our site-related links are found right at the bottom.

Re-organized plot section - Our plot section looks nicer now. :)

External URLs - Any link that doesn't link to a page on the main TDN site (aside from links on the news) now has a little arrow next to it, so you know you're going away from the site. They'll open in a new window.

Redone front-end - Our entire front page now acts as a portal to all of Neopets. It has awesome unreleased Neopets news from yours truly, but now it also has featured band information, featured game, calendar, Faerie Crossword Answers, and Daily Puzzle Answers all on the front page. Heck, all you need is the front page and dailies list now. ;)

These are just some of the new features that are on the new TDN Y2. Talk about everything Y2 right here in this topic!

We love ya all,

Ian

Curses. Party emoticon needed...

:jerrypteri:?

Well, hope you all enjoy it. Please don't hurt Ian, the poor lad, patting him on the back or cheering in his ear. He is a human being, despite the appearence he presents... :)

Well, Ian, when the site loaded up, I thought I was still on the old layout until I looked down and saw the news report. Seriously, why always RED?! :P

But then I started to browse around and search some stuff, and it's absolutely splendid. A major overhaul to the old feature, layout wasn't THAT affected compared to what we tested in Beta (it was more crowded, but had more colors to it).

Anyone, my final thoughts is that this certainly marks an important chapter in the history of TDN, and despite my little inconvenieces (mostly due to still being used to the old layout :P), I think that all the staff made a great effort to bring satisfaction and refreshing ideas to our community and this is the welcoming result.

Congratulations! :D

I'm totally fan of the Y2 ;D

Told my full comments to Sam..., but it rocks :)

Here is a little gift for anybody who wants it.

tdn-y2.gif

Good job to all the team.

Love yaaaa !!!

:jerrypteri:

Sam says the following about your banner:

Sam says (9:14 PM):

i LOVE XEPHA

Sam says (9:14 PM):

shes awesome

Nice banner, thanks!

lol ;D

He didn't tell me he was loving me, ahaha

neither that I was awesome :P

Edit :

Thought it would look greater with names on them :P

(You don't have to use them... it amused me XD)

tdn-y2-Ian.gif

tdn-y2-Samuel.gif

tdn-y2-Anime.gif

tdn-y2-Matt.gif

tdn-y2-TBC.gif

tdn-y2-JubJubLessMan.gif

tdn-y2-TJ.gif

tdn-y2-Mikey.gif

tdn-y2-Chipmonker.gif

tdn-y2-Eric.gif

Fantastic new layout. Definately very mature and professional. I love it. Maybe it'll pass for an acceptable site if someone walks by before I can close it :P

Last.fm, eh? I have no idea where that came from... *whistles*

But we're glad you like it. Have you noticed/seen the Turmaculus alarm is back? I want to see it working. :P