Laboratory Rejects

Ruto

"An unidentified... aircraft? Are you... suggesting we just... invite the military to our... location?" Ayde was talking between breathes, "Besides... I like running."

Levy was better at talking while running and paused less often, "Why don't you robots just stop making suggestions... and protect us like you don't want us to know... you are present?"

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Understood." The robot said, "We will continue to alert you to- Alert: United States Military M270 MLRS units have launched anti-personnel missiles at an area close to our position. Their submunitions will deploy over a 1 kilometer squared area in approximately 15 seconds. Requesting permission to destroy the missiles before they can deploy submunitions."

((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLRS))

((I'm sorry about my absence, guys.))

"My name is Sahetow. Now what do you want from me? Don't you have some roadkill to circle or something?" Sahetow prowled away from Dinotross and looked ahead of her. They're close...very close... She looked back toward Dinotross. "Are you going to leave me alone or plan to follow me? Because I won't appreciate the latter, trust me on that."

"They are going to carpet bomb a populated area?" Levy asked, surrounding them were houses and streets. It was about 3:00am so most were asleep.

"They wouldn't dare, how would they even know where we are?" Ayde questioned aloud.

Levy thought a moment and found the answer, "Its you robots, though you aren't visible to the eye your electromagnetic fields are powerful because you are using so much energy to keep up with Ayde and me. Because you are trying to protect us you are putting us in danger. We can take care of ourselves, you're just making it harder for us to survive."

"You know... he's right!" Ayde said ripping her plasma riffle into her right arm and aiming it at one of the robots. She turned a knob on the side of the weapon and it glowed pure blue, unlike the red from the Military's low temperature plasma weapons. It gave out a high pitched whine, "I don't care if this blows up in my arms, being rid of you four will be better than outrunning the military. I'll give you 10 seconds to blow up that carpet bomb and get out of my sight!"

The robot cocked is head at the weapon, running through a series of basic priority algorithms, while another destroyed the missiles. "Our electromagnetic shielding operates both ways. It requires an extremely high frequency tight-beam transmitter in order to penetrate the shell and make transmissions, it may be possible that the military is tracking the electromagnetic discharge from those. Nevertheless, we will comply." It added, "Please note that SC1 is temporarily available for real time contact." and vanished with the others.

"Connect me to him, er, it." Ayde said, turning down the power on her riffle before the heat began to melt the metal.

"Ayde," Levy questioned, "what's your problem with SC1?"

Ayde turned to Levy, "Because he nearly destroyed the planet, the fact that he is still alive fills me with rage and curiosity."

Ayde's tone weakened on the last word. Levy asked, "Curiosity?"

"Yes, and I don't want to say anymore."

The robot tossed a compact radio to Ayde as it moved away on a straightforward path along with the others, a path that the military would probably continue to follow.

Ayde pushed Levy toward the East and they both began running again.

"Why are we going to the east?" Levy asked.

"The next piece we need is in Germany, under a monastery." Ayde replied, slipping the radio into her pocket.

"Does the military..."

"No, they could never know where all the pieces are. The locations never communicated with one another and are completely unrelated in how the secret is kept. Because Zzyzx was set in the United States, many defensive precautions were needed in order to stay on the government's good side. It supplied weapons and armor, but never too much the world could handle. The plasma weapons explode when they get to hot, that was a measure we needed to instill in order to stay ahead. I am sure they figured that out by now and have moved back to projectile weaponry."

"And the genetic experiments?" Levy asked.

"Zzyzx created only a few planned successes. Most were intentional failures in order to lower the Millitary's dependence on Zzyzx."

Levy thought back to Sahetow, her suffering was intentional? Levy remembered the fear in Sahetow's voice when she had spoken to him even though she was trying to cover up her fear with threatening remarks.

SC1 left his undetectable contact line open - if Levy and Ayde wanted to talk to him, it was his responsibility to comply. The command station for the operation that was hunting them had been effectively crippled. The computers that ran the system had been stripped of their software, and were now effectively useless, except as extremely large paperweights. The four robots were currently gassing the units deployed to intercept them with a noxious chemical that would mess up their immune system and leave them severely sick, though not in any real danger, for weeks.

((It seems like you guys are more into this RP than what I've had time for. I'm sorry to say it, but I cannot continue this roleplay, for now, at least. You may continue to post here if you'd like to, just remember that I'm unavailable. I apologize for this, but this is beyond my control. :(

Have fun, you mutated beings. ;) ))

((Like-wise me. (Time for a re-entry))

Nkiruka was finally conscious. She felt different, the electric shock had somehow woken a dormant power within her. She looked at the tooth, but instead of it resting in her hand, there was a tooth-shaped scar on her hand. She looked behind her, instead of her normal tail, there was a barbed reptilian tail that slowly crept up her back. she ran on, but her usually speed was accentuated. She looked at her hooves, or where they had been, now there were claws similar to Old Aldebaran's. Horrified, she ran on as a pair of Reptilian Wings seperated from her back.

((Slowly turning into a dragon))

((I wasn't saying I would base it on this, just that I'd use a lot of the ideas (and it's just a short story I want to write as practice). I'll change all the character names. In fact I'll change all the names then. If anyone has any objections, just tell me and I'll stop immediately.))