Laboratory Rejects

Ruto

Plot: In an unknown lab in an isolated place, many experiments are taking place. Most of them include enhancing the DNA of certain creatures. They include animals, mythical creatures, and even humans. However, some of these experiments went terribly wrong, and the specimens were then locked away in individual rooms that they could not escape from. The finest security was used in each of those rooms.

But there was a time when security failed.

Given this one moment of chance, everyone one of the creatures escaped the lab that day. Now that they have been released into the world, they have many options to choose from and many paths to take. They can try to rule Earth, protect Earth, or just remain neutral and go their own way.

Guess what? It's free RP time! Create your hideous lab-zapped character and do whatever you want (as long as you abide by the RP rules;)).

Character form:

Name:

Species:

Description:

Purpose:

Other info: (optional)

Name: Sahetow

Species: Cat

Description: Sahetow got a little too much enhancement in the lab, and as a result she grew three times her size (think of the size of a maine coon, then triple it). She also has two extra legs and can speak now.

Purpose: This kitty doesn't really care about the Earth, so she won't try to save or destroy it, although she could be persuaded either way. Right now, she's only concerned about herself.

Other info: Sahetow isn't really friendly, and will fight against anyone standing in the way of her goals.

Sahetow was curled up in a little cave beside a forest. She could see the sun was setting, so that meant she could roam freely without being bothered by the ignorant day animals. Rabbits, squirrels, pbbt. They were all stupid. All they do is run around, eat, and get snatched away by predators. They weren't aware of their surroundings, that's why they always got eaten. Sahetow was smarter than that. No animal could see her in the dark, except for owls, but she was too big to be snatched away. As the six-legged cat trotted among the trees, she saw a mouse scurrying by. "Perfect timing," she thought to herself. "I was getting hungry." Sahetow pounced on the mouse and began chewing on it, which, in reality, wasn't enough to fill her enlarged stomach.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Nkiruka

Species: Centaur- Zebra type.

Description: Wearing a high-cut tropical coloured tunic in the style of the Centaurs. A Burgundy coloured shawl is draped over her petite shoulders, partially covering her neck. There are dusty-coloured wrist-guards on her four legs (above the hoof) and two others on her wrists. Wears her hair in a tight 'pony-tail'.

Purpose: Protector of Herbivores

Other info: Chatty, but only if she knows you aren't dangerous. Has a distaste for

---

Nkiruka trotted along in the dark weather, carrying a lantern with fireflies inside. Looking ahead, she saw what appeared to be a six-legged Cat.

"Who goes there? You're on Herd-land territory!" she said, Herd-land being easier to say than Herbivore.

((Name: SC1

Species: Human

Description: Looks like a normal human, although he doesn't show any facial expressions.

Purpose: Creating a database of all the knowledge in the universe and protecting it.

Other info: Due to a thunderstorm during an experiment to try and enhance his reaction time, SC1 was merged with the supercomputer that acted as the lab's mainframe. As a result, he is now a computer in a human body, showing no trace of emotion. He has the ability to connect his nervous system to electronic devices and interface with them. Also a genius.))

SC1 sat motionless on a chair, absorbing information at a rate of 100 exobytes a second. A syringe-like device connected his hand to a small DSL modem on the table in front of him. Such vast reserves of knowledge, their potential untapped, their quantity unmeasured! Clearly humans did not understand the true greatness of the network of computers they had created and called the 'internet'. Not all the data was accurate though, but that could be remedied with some cross referencing. That particular line of thought complete, SC1 stored it, shut it down and focused all his processing power on the nearly endless stream of information flowing in from the internet.

Sahetow, the mouse still under her paw, looked up and saw a centaur in the distance. "If I cared that I was in your territory, I wouldn't be here right now. Go mind your own business." She finished off the mouse and began scratching on the trees with her front four paws.

It took several hours for SC1 to absorb every last scrap of information from the internet, but absorb it he did, assimilating the data into the tangle of nerve cells that made up his brain. He disconnected himself from the modem, and stood up. He knew where he was going next: Egypt.

Sahetow paid no heed to the centaur's warning and continued scratching the tree. She finally grew tired of it and walked away from the tree. Before she left, Sahetow bolted back and swiped at one of the centaur's legs. "Maybe next time you'll not try to give me orders."

Sahetow snorted. "Good for you, but the creatures that can't protect themselves are worthless. Now go home. I have other business to attend to." She ran back to her cave.

((If you don't mind I would like to try my own character infosheet.))

Name: Levy

Species: Anthropomorphic red fox

Eyes: Greenish-Brown

Fur: Brownish orange

Hair: Brown

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 165 lbs

Mother: Unknown

Father: Unknown

Siblings: One sister: Ayde

Physique: Levy was originally designed as a stealth soldier, an object of war. He is incredibly agile for his size and can easily slip passed most security systems unnoticed.

Personality: He has longed for freedom his entire life. Mostly on the computer they lab supplied for him to socialize when they weren't quizzing him on war strategies and escape systems. He prefers art and music, but has had a fancy for genetics for a long time.

Levy bolted out of the Laboratory. He had effortlessly cracked the extra security measures placed on his quarters and ran like mad. He could easily see where he was going in the dense brush of the forest. He was heading right toward the Moon. He was going to run until he found some kind of civilization.

He was wearing ripped jeans, a t-shirt and a large hoody-sweatshirt.

The cat sat down in her little cave again, the sun just now coming up. "Well, time for another day." She curled up and fell fast asleep, dreams haunting her.

A little kitten sat in the corner of a cardboard box in an alley, quietly waiting for its mother to return. The mother jumped into the box, tended to the kitten, and gathered all the other kittens. There was warmth and happiness in the kitten. She felt like nothing could ruin her life.

A storm cloud stretched over the box, and rain came pouring down. The mother grabbed one kitten at a time, taking it to a sheltering garage. One by one, the kittens were carried into the garage. The mother went to grab the last little kitten, but just then, a dog appeared from behind a dumpster.

The mother slowly back away, but the dog chased her. The mother cat ran into the street and stopped, feeling safe. Some headlights appeared out of the fog. The little kitten climbed out of the box and waddled to her mother, no longer moving. Everything disappeared, and blackness surrounded the kitten. She cried with fear and cried for her mother.

Sahetow awoke with a start, then swiped at the ground.

Levy ran and ran. He knew his body had to be fatigued but he was loving it. His body has never has such a workout.

He slowed down to a jog, but kept at a decent speed to not ruin the orgy of energy rushing throughout his body.

The power he was enjoying overcame him and he became unaware of his surroundings, inadvertently running onto a freeway. He nearly made it but in the last lane he was struck by a car and flew several yards before collapsing on the road.

---

The details of the crash were a complete blur. He awoke in the hospital. The bright light glaring into his eyes. He shot up in his hospital bed and shouted, "Where the hell am I?!?!"

Then the pain from his brush with traffic hit him like a million nails.

"AAARRRGGGHHH!!!" He shouted, cringing his chest.

A nurse ran in, "Quiet, you're fine. You are in a hospital. You are hit by a car, you are lucky your body is so robust. You just fractured a couple rib bones and lost some blood. The doctors and scientists would like to talk to you if you are feeling better later."

Levy just nodded.

"What's your name?" the nurse asked.

Levy rested his back on the hospital mattress and fell asleep before he could answer her.

SC1 strode down the dark passage effortlessly, despite the heavy pack on his back. After he had arrived in Egypt, he had taken a moment to assemble his supplies for the journey (including the night vision goggles he was wearing right now) and then headed to one of the lesser known pyramids in the area.

It had taken more than 3 hours of tireless, systematic searching to locate the hidden passage, but it was worth it. Beyond the door at the end of the passage lay a library like none ever created before, a huge archival complex containing hundreds of thousands of papyrus scrolls, each one holding detailed hieroglyphic explanations, stories, mathematical & scientific theories and who new what other knowledge, just waiting to be read.

He reached the stone slab sealing the other end of the passage, and strode confidently up to it. It took him less than 2 seconds to interpret the 400 hieroglyphs carved into the slab, and less than half a second to solve the puzzle. Smiling, he pressed 3 of the hieroglyphs simultaneously with his right hand, and tapped two of the others with his left. The slab slid open to reveal his prize. He entered reverently and began to read.

Nkiruka sat outside the cave, feeding on some food from her pack-satchel on her back- it was her speciality- Salad Fajita- being a Protector she had sworn never to eat meat unless circumstances decreed so.

Hearing a loud noise, she assumed it was the Cat.

"You can run from your problems, but your problems will always find you." she said, staring upward to the stars. "Is there something upsetting you?"

It took much longer to absorb all the information from the library than it had taken to download the much larger quantity of information stored on the internet - the optic sensors utilised by humans, or 'eyes' as they called them, were not particularly efficient at this task. Still, SC1 slowly and steadily integrated the knowledge written on the scrolls.

By the time he had finished, the batteries on his night vision goggles (designed to last for a week) were running low, as were his supplies of food and water. This organic body was cumbersome, but it had its advantages. One of these which SC1 found particularly intriguing was the ability to autonomously repair virtually any damage done to its structural integrity - even though he now knew how the 'healing' processes worked, he still found the topic fascinating. Pondering this, he made his way out of the library, sealing its entrance behind him, and began to make his way out of the pyramid.

Levy woke up, and looked at the wall clock. It was near noon. He sat up and felt his chest, the pain was almost completely gone. As his eyes focused on the brightly lit room he noticed a small camera that was obviously not a security camera. It has been recording him. Levy picked it up and pulled the plug coming from the back of it, then the red light on the camera went black.

Levy stretched and yawned. He then pulled off the sensors that monitored his heart-rate. He then pulled the IV out of his arm and got out of the bed. He found his clothes on the chair next to the bed and changed out of the hospital gown.

Levy looked around a bit more and found a clipboard of a human profile, it was marked as 'John Doe'. Obviously, this was a profile of his injuries. He looked and located the scrapes on his body. Large scrapes on his head, knees, and arms, but nothing to serious. Underneath the profile were x-rays of his chest. Levy saw the small fractures and felt on his chest as to where they were. There was no pain like there was before. Apparently, his bones were healed.

"Time to sneak out of here." he thought to himself.

The hospital was very very low security. The only thing to worry about is being seen. He looked out the window and saw he was only on the second floor.

He stuffed his tail into the pant-leg of the jeans and put up the hood of his hoody so he wouldn't draw much attention if he was seen.

He opened the window and quickly climbed down the wall and ran into the wooded area near the hospital.

Levy looked at Nkiruka and whispered, "Do you have any idea how close you are to Human civilization? You had better leave here or you might get caught."

Levy rolled his eyes and said to himself, "Foolish thing, it still thinks it is deep into the forest. But the fact is that Humans expand incredibly fast. This forest will be on the ground and turned into 2x4s within a few years. And anything that stops them will be blown up in the process."

Levy lept from the brush and kept to the edge of the forest. On the otherside an edge of a housing development proved that the stronghold didn't have much time left until the Humans found it and tore it down.

Levy found a small puddle of water and cupped some water from it to his mouth.

Levy kept running until a thought came to mind, "That nurse from the hospital, she seemed so casual despite the fact I am half Fox. She acted like she had seen what I am hundreds of times. Or perhaps she was only doing her job."

Levy stopped running and sat down on the ground.

"She said people wanted to talk to me, I can clearly understand why, but I was treated like a human, rather than an animal. Maybe I should go back. But what would they do? I ran once, would they treat me like an animal because of that? No, I am too human, they wouldn't consciously hold me against my will. But I have no where else to go."

The thought's kept running as fast as he could run within his mind.

"Humans are nothing but a burden to this world. I would do anything to kill one if it approached me." Sahetow's hair stood up on her back, and she angrily walked out of the cave, thinking to herself. Why must they ruin everything? Ruin my life? What if they were the helpless little victims? It would be grand to see them take a dose of their own medicine. Sahetow suddenly thought back to the lab.

The kitten was strapped down to a bare, white marble table. Her surroundings were made of nothing but metal and strange figures. These figures were all dressed in white, and one of them had a sharp object in its hand, like a syringe. The needle was injected into the kitten, and she felt like crying. After that, it was just a blur.

Levy walked into the woods in the direction of the hospital. He was more casual and less timid than he was when he ran from the laboratory, the place that he lived for 17 years in his life. They are the reason he was created, and his sister is still there. But SHE is in the back of his mind, all Levy wants to do is live a life like the one's his online friends are always speaking of. School, sports, movie theaters, all were just a dream until he ran from the laboratory. And it is unlikely the scientists will come looking for Levy, he was too human to be kept in a cage like a wild animal. But that is what Levy was, a lost wild animal with little idea on how the world works. Throughout his life he was forcibly fed wartime strategies and combat programs. Stealth warfare, dessert survival, wilderness sneak attacks, and so many ways to kill anything with one hand. They all meant nothing to Levy.

He walked right passed Sahetow's cave, then it began to rain.

It seemed as if many years passed by, and Sahetow remained strapped to the table. She was never allowed to get up and walk around, and all her nutrients was mearly injected into her body. Ever since the experiments began, it seemed as if something always went wrong. Cat's weren't supposed to have six legs. Nor were they supposed to be this big. Sahetow sighed to herself, and overheard a conversation among the figures.

"There is nothing else we can do. The specimen is ruined. It will kill us all if we leave it on the table. It's strength has increased abnormally. We have to place it in an isolation chamber, and leave it to die."

So I have gotten stronger, Sahetow thought. She was about to try to break the straps, but it was too late. A syringe was once again injected into her, and Sahetow passed out.

Sahetow noticed that Levy was behind her, so she quickly jumped into a tree to avoid conversation.