Phishing Threat Error

Atasco

Currently, seemingly starting from when I checked this morning, all tnd pages (besides the avatar lending program page) are error pages. I get a "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead" error. After dismissing that, the page attempts to redirect to an extremely phishy looking link, which is also blocked by the browser because I'm in https-only mode. After dismissing even that (out of morbid curiosity and because I do not fear the wrath of god) the people who gave you your https certificate just blocks your page because of a phishing threat.

So, I don't know what's wrong with your website, but you... might want to find out what it is and fix it.

screen-2023-09-29-11-03-50.png

screen-2023-09-29-11-05-12.png

screen-2023-09-29-11-05-36.png

Hello! Thanks for reporting. This is an issue with your local internet connection and network that you're on. For whatever reason, the local internet firewall that you're connected to thinks that TDN is a phishing site. I'd contact the network administrator (i.e. IT department if it's your work network, etc) to report thedailyneopets.com as a safe site to visit.

The only way around this is to connect from a different location. If you do that, you won't have any problems.

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Hello! Thanks for reporting. This is an issue with your local internet connection and network that you're on. For whatever reason, the local internet firewall that you're connected to thinks that TDN is a phishing site. I'd contact the network administrator (i.e. IT department if it's your work network, etc) to report thedailyneopets.com as a safe site to visit.

The only way around this is to connect from a different location. If you do that, you won't have any problems.

Well, I'm not sure what was done, but the error stopped happening. The odd thing is, I don't think Cisco is related to the network of my home internet? Perhaps an unfortunate coincidence; I appreciate the response.

Glad to hear it has been resolved. TDN being blocked was likely due to the Cisco Umbrella networking thing you provided in the screen shot. Depending on where you're connecting from and your ISP, an additional layer of "security" may be included with the network, router, or internet plan.

In any case glad to hear it's back for you! If this occurs again, use a different network or contact your network administrator if this was your home internet network.

Hi, Firefox has been blocking you guys for the last few days, and I don't believe it's my network.

My understanding is that Cisco Umbrella is responsible for The Daily Neopets' root certificate, and something is currently wrong with that certificate.

What's interesting is the dates on it. It became valid yesterday and it's only valid for 5 days (by comparison JellyNeo's certificate is good for 3 months (Sep-Dec) and Neopets's is good for 1 year (Jan-Jan)).

More interesting, though, is the address Firefox is blocking when I try to connect. Attached are the relevant screenshots.

Thanks!

tdn1.jpg

tdn2.jpg

tdn3.jpg

Thanks for the additional details. The Daily Neopets' security certificate is fine and is in functioning order.

What appears to be happening is that thedailyneopets.com is being blocked by OpenDNS, a DNS provider you're using to access the entire internet. We need OpenDNS to unblock thedailyneopets.com or use a different DNS provider. Two steps here to help TDN get unblocked:

1. Submit a message (with these screenshots from here) to [email protected], requesting that the domain thedailyneopets.com be unblocked and is a legitimate website
  2. In the mean time, do not use OpenDNS to access the internet. Consider using an alternative like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). To switch your DNS provider from your connection, follow this for MacOS or Windows.

Let me know if switching your DNS provider worked for you.

I have returned; evidently whatever caused it to work again on my end was only temporary. I switched DNS servers as suggested— this did not fix the issue, unfortunately. It is intermittently blocked regardless of what DNS is used, and there isn't any kind of domain blocking being done on my immediate (household) network.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:52 PM, Digresser said:

Swapping my DNS to cloudflare has seemed to fix my issue, thank you.

I messaged OpenDNS, and am still awaiting a response.

Fantastic! I just received a response from OpenDNS today stating that The Daily Neopets has been unblocked at OpenDNS. You can try removing Cloudflare's DNS servers now (and default to OpenDNS).

Does it work now for you through OpenDNS?

Thanks again, all! I appreciate it.