Deactivated Account - How do I get it back?

Rocksockgirl95

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to make an entire topic about this or something--I literally just made a TDN account for this issue because I couldn't find my answers anywhere. Everything is outdated.

Less than a year ago (I think), my account was somehow breached and my entire bank of around 7 million neopoints was stolen / discarded. As a person who logged onto the site multiple times a day, 7 days a week, I knew the exact (about) 12-hour timeframe of when the transaction happened. My bank was left with about 7,000 neopoints left if I remember correctly, and about 90,000 neopoints were left on-hand (which was the red flag that something bad happened when I initially logged in that day.)

Long story short, someone got into my account and pretty much cleared my entire bank.

Everything else was untouched, from what I saw. I added PINs to everything (Just realized I even forgot my PIN number because it's been so long), I sought help on the boards, and I submitted a detailed ticket to TNT, including the fact that my password was changed and my account was (or should now have been) secured. I went a few days without answers, though some people on the board agreed with me that I shouldn't get deactivated since I let them know the account was still in my hands. I was, however, linked to a page that explained the kind of form I would need to fill out to recover my account if I WAS deactivated. I think the form asked for names of neofriends and a lot of specific information about the account.

I never got a written response from TNT for the ticket. Instead, my account was wordlessly deactivated.

Now, since the breach, I had been working really hard to earn back money in case I was never going to get mine back, so it kinda added insult to injury. At this point, I was so fed up with Neopets that I decided to take a little break and wait a few days or a couple weeks before trying to get the account back.

And after putting it off for so long, I finally want to play the game again. I understand that my account may be gone for good now (which would really stink because I had a LOT on that would-be 8-year-old account), but it hasn't even been a full year so I would hope not.

Everywhere I go, even on the Neopets site, I cannot find a single place designated for recovering a deactivated account. The closest I've gotten is a link to a form for unfairly frozen accounts, but that link and many others I've found just leads to that useless help page.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is submit a ticket to TNT through their help site with as much information about your account as possible and see if it is indeed gone forever or just frozen for your protection or something like that. If you cannot get the help site to load then I would submit your ticket to TNT through their [email protected] address and hopefully get it addressed soon. You can also post on their Facebook page with your ticket number and ask them to look into it. I hope you get things sorted out! :)

@Mouseykins Thank you for the advice! I don't think I'll ever understand why they froze it for "my protection". I unfortunately don't even have a FB account, either. ):

I guess I'll try their support address. This is probably going to be really hard since it's been a few months and there's a lot about the account that I don't know specifically. I guess I'll just list out all the account info I can think of and cross my fingers that it'll all be worth the slow response.

Unfortunately that's all you can do. In the meantime you can play on a separate account and use that as your main until you hear back from TNT. Good luck! :)

The same thing happened to me last month.  I heard about someone's success when they posted a new ticket every day with the same information in polite language, posted with the ticket number daily on FB, and posted on http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=157288695this board every day.  It only took me two days to get my 9 yo account back.  I know those results are probably atypical, but it worked for me and is worth a shot, right?

The kind of ticket you want to submit is Frozen Account from your side, and if you use the same email address for both accounts, you are more likely.

The same thing happened to me last month.  I heard about someone's success when they posted a new ticket every day with the same information in polite language, posted with the ticket number daily on FB, and posted on http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=157288695this board every day.  It only took me two days to get my 9 yo account back.  I know those results are probably atypical, but it worked for me and is worth a shot, right?

The kind of ticket you want to submit is Frozen Account from your side, and if you use the same email address for both accounts, you are more likely.

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated! The problem's that I don't have FB, can't post on the boards, and can't submit a ticket with my side account because it was also deactivated?? I guess because it used the same email...

I sent an email to [email protected], even though I feel like it'll be a real painful process.

I'm just trying to think of what to do next because I really wanna play the game again. Since I assume my side account's email link to my main account got it deactivated as well, I guess I should use my other email to make a side account...?

While the main is deactivated, I /can/ fully participate on the side account? Am I allowed to send whatever money / items I made on it to my main once (or if :() I get it back?

You can absolutely begin using a side as your new main until (hopefully) your old main is restored. The biggest thing is you can only earn NP/participate in dailies that award prizes on one account. If your old account is restored, you can transfer everything you earn in the meantime there and just stop earning on the side account ^_^

If you don't have another side, I would definitely create one that you can use in the meantime/that you can submit a ticket with.

You can absolutely begin using a side as your new main until (hopefully) your old main is restored. The biggest thing is you can only earn NP/participate in dailies that award prizes on one account. If your old account is restored, you can transfer everything you earn in the meantime there and just stop earning on the side account ^_^

If you don't have another side, I would definitely create one that you can use in the meantime/that you can submit a ticket with.

Thank you! Though I'm not sure if I should submit a ticket or not considering I already sent an email to [email protected]

I just made a new side account... I'm gonna miss the perks my old account had D:

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately when you "deactivate" your account for protection, you won't get it back. TNT is very slow with replying to emails as it is! My friend who played neo for 9 yesrs got her account hacked. The "hacker" took her items when she logged back in. She knows she DIDN'T discard or anything to her expensive items that was in the bag and trades. Her neopoints on hand was 4.8M and 7.4M in the bank. She had a pin on everything! She deactivated her account to protect herself from getting her account more and couldn't get it back, she sent a lot of mail to TNT with no replies. She had to start all over again. Her UCs, NPS, trophies, everything was gone and she got everything back with a lot of help. It is okay to make a side account or if you have a side account to use as your temporarily main account until you get your main account back. I hope you get it back. Good luck!