Damage multiplier of 1p opponents

claudej

I have a nice new weapon. So, I wanted to take on bigger 1p opponents. First I went to the Space Faerie. Ouch! She did me over 1700HP of damage in 1 shot. I thought the max multiplier (for the icons of a weapon) was 16 if your str is over 750. Wrong! I'm not used yet to all the changes of the New Battledome

Is there a table somewhere that tells for every 1p opponent their damage multiplier? Thanks

While I don't believe there's a table yet with the different multipliers for 1p opponents, what Difficulty were you using when you fought her? For her to do THAT much damage in one shot, makes be guess you probably took her on at the "Mighty" difficulty. is that correct?

In all honesty, I don't really know how much the difficulty level increases the opponents stats. but according to the Space Faerie's profile.... http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/124/

If you battle her on the Mighty Setting, her difficulty is 18,000 and she has 22,000 hp.at that difficulty level. When the NEW BD was released, and it was revealed that 1p opponents could spam the once-per battle abilities as many times as they wanted. There was a cry of frustration from many in the battling community. I seem to recall TNT saying something about, that it was up to the battlers to make do against the "unfair" odds. I always figured it was so that people with higher-statted pets could have some real challenges. If you look at a legendary pet, like Majal_Kita, Well beyond the max stats for a boost and over 13,000hp. Fighting an opponent on a lower difficulty would hardly be fun. In fact, it'd probably become monotonous after a short span of time. I usually take on opponents on the Mighty difficulty too. I likes a little challenge. ;)

Anyway, if you can't beat her on Mighty, Try one of the lower difficulties. TDN has a really useful, imo, Space Faerie Guide, here... http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/space-faerie/

That should give you some ideas for fighting her.

She IS one of the tougher opponents in the Dome, I fought her in the old dome for the Avatar when TNT said they would be taking the old one down and putting the new BD up. She WAS very hard, even though my stats were about even with her's, I still only barely squeaked out a victory.at that time. It makes me think that perhaps since she awards a nice avatar that perhaps TNT wanted to keep her being a bit more challenging. ;)

So yeah, try fighting her on a lower difficulty setting. Good Luck!

New Battledome - 1p opponent damage multiplier

I took some risk  but the results are interesting

Average              Strong                    Mighty

Chomby                  7.5  (350)             37.5  (1750)           75 (3500)

Balthazar                12.5  (320)         18.75 (480)              25 (640)

Space Faerie            9.75  (450)         195 (9000)            390 (18000)

For a given opponent the damage multiplier (and defense) is directly proportional to their difficulty

(  ) Difficulty

Edit 1 : I had someone test it on Mighty & Strong for the Space Faerie