Vandagyre Day...?

WeyrCat

Hi, My Neopets calendar (on Google) tells me today is Vandagyre Day, and the JellyNeo calendar confirms it. After confirming I'm allowed to train pets on side accounts on their Species Day, I dropped my little Vandagyre in the Swashbuckling Academy for a Level and was promptly asked for a Dubloon.

What am I doing wrong here?

I think you still have to click the Pay button in order for the course to activate. If that doesn't work then it's possible it hasn't been activated.

I think you still have to click the Pay button in order for the course to activate. If that doesn't work then it's possible it hasn't been activated.

Jumped over to try it, and nope. :/ Apparently not activated yet. Booo, these early work hours are my best shot to check on the process! :( 

They just posted news for Vandagyre Day and I'm assuming that since they're a day late with it you can get the free training tomorrow. So I would try tomorrow and see. :)

I have a Vandagyre on one of my sides and I forgot the day, but I'm guessing I also wouldn't have been able to train him for free. They have been so inconsistent with the pet days. Sometimes they have the news for the pet day up in time and sometimes it's late, don't know what the deal is, but regardless, they usually still have the free pet training, so that's even more peculiar.

Well the free training is definitely not working today. I would submit a question to the Editorial or a ticket because they did say it would be available and it's not.