Neopets V.1 vs. NeopetsV.2

Dillon

As we all know neopets has made a drastice change in the layout of it. I was wondering who like the old layout and who likes the new one. I personally like them both equally.

I like the pets on the old one but the layout of the new one now only if the could combine them. Hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, I like being able to go to the bank directly and easily.

Since the site was upgraded, I have been able to play flash games on Firefox, which is really nice.

Now that the initial shock has worn off, I realize that the only things that I don't like are the pet makeovers (all of them) and how slow the site is at times. The second complaint is usually not an issue, but it was taking me almost 2 minutes to load a page earlier this afternoon.

I keep on looking at the side of the screen for the time and search menu, though. Its starting to get annoying.

I keep doing that too hehe but it's just a matter of getting used to it. What I don't like is that you always have to have your browser open all the way to the edge of your screen - otherwise you can't see stuff like the time, whereas I like to have a bit of space at the edge of my browser so I can see my desktop and open folders easily or have other things in the background going that I can easily click on.

Also I wish the bottom sidebar picture was visible still, now you have to scroll to the bottom to see it, you usually don't do that in the course of your browsing. At least I don't

I think it's cool and about time. I WAS worried about sidebar themes since I have the halloween one....and love it. IT looks good though. I miss how my pets looked so mad when they ate a food they didn't like and whatnot. I mean, they better change that or add more emotions for my poor pets....

• 2 weeks later...

I like them both. ^_^

What I don't like about the second version is the adverts on top of the page (I use FireFox), and scrolling sideways.I like the pet makeovers though.Except for the wocky's.

Beside the fact I had to recode my guild and my lookup (actually, I made new one because it was faster...), I think version 2 is better than version one. The sidebar are really nice on the new version and I like the game room better... and the quick links are fantastik. Less clicks make my hand happy!

The hardest thing to assimilate was the search... at the bottom of the page. Took me a few days to develop the reflex XD

Yes and no, Ill give some good and bad points about each.

Old layout: It was good and pretty quick to load, the pets looked better it was hard to navigate sometimes though.

New layout: Laggy, modern bit is cool, pets are ugly, Did I mention laggy? and the new drop down menu's are cool.

xP

I really didn't like the new layout at first, but I guess I got used to it.

It was a pain redoing my userlookups and guild layouts though. :hmmph:

The changes in the pets looks are mainly that they now have their hands (paws?) raised,

to accomodate staffs and other things when they've been customized.

I think all of them were redrawn, but with some it's really noticable.

I think that we all have an aversion to change to begin with. For example, when anything around you changes and you have to re-learn things, it's an inconvenience. The new layout is actually very good and modern looking. We just have to get used to it. To prove my point, everybody complained. For about 5 hours. Then, people stopped. Why? Because they got used to it.