Discworld customisation!

Various

So while drafting a post in the dream pets thread I thought about how I really should finish off CaptainAngua's customisation before the publication of the last ever Discworld novel on the 27th. *sobs* 

As the novel is going to be a Tiffany Aching book, I thought it might be nice to try to do new pet and a customisation to match. Tiffany's Nac Mac Feegle name is Tir-far-thóinn ("Land Under Wave"). Did a neopets search on the off-chance of there being a name available for a Tiffany Aching pet. No luck until I searched for Tir_Far_Thoinn. "Owner: In the Pound". Quickly logged into a side and grabbed her! 

She's currently a Maraquan Korbat. 

But now I have no idea of where to start with her customisation so I was hoping there might be some fellow Discworld fans on here who could help me out? Or non-Discworld fans who love doing custos? Here's Tiffany Aching's wikipedia page. 

While she's a witch, Tiffany doesn't wear black. She sticks to green dresses in the later books. Earlier books she doesn't have a physical witch hat but she does in later books. This is the illustration of her in The Wee Free Men, the first book in her series set when she was 9. 

She's very good at making cheese. Actually, I know this isn't a customisation thing really, but are there any petpets out there that look a bit like cheese?

Anyway, I would be very grateful if anybody has any suggestions of NP items that I can use for her? I know there's a frying pan and I'm planning on buying that but I'm at a loss for anything else. Also suggestions for what species and colour I should change her to would be much appreciated. If there's any species specific clothes that may be a good match I'm willing to morph her to whatever pet if the clothes are right.

I have just over 2.5 million in my bank. I'm OK to use a good chunk of it on this custo if needed but the cheaper the better. I have a FFQ so most paint brush prices aren't an issue.  

I'm leaning towards either uni or cybunny due to Tiffany's necklaces and the symbolism of them. (One necklace is based upon the White Horse of Uffington, which I've also got a tattoo of so is a bit personal, and the other is a hare. ) Probably uni more because I've already got two cybunnies. But I'm not set on changing her to a uni or cybunny.   

Thank you! 

I took a swing at a Tiffany customization (she's one of my faves too!) It'd be a bit hard to pull off since you'd first have to do an Elderly PB to get the dress, then a biscuit PB to get the skin coloring, but it's doable. Brown wig, frying pan, muddy boots and a nature setting to finish her off. 

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/wardrobe?utf8=%E2%9C%93&color=7&species=54#color=10&species=54&objects[]=72350&objects[]=3015&objects[]=72349&objects[]=27342&objects[]=67290&objects[]=57441&objects[]=55135&objects[]=61106&objects[]=62130&objects[]=51881&state=17682&closet[]=72350&closet[]=3015&closet[]=72349&closet[]=27342&closet[]=67290&closet[]=57441&closet[]=55135&closet[]=61106&closet[]=62130&closet[]=51881

I did a brown zafara just because I like when the pet can hold things with their hands. A spotted uni looked nice too, but the jacket and necklace are species specific so you would have to change those. I was going for sort of the farmyard witch look, but if I knew more about the series I might try for her being in Faerie. I couldn't find anything for the little blue dudes except for the wind up skeleton. Does she use a wand or a staff or anything for her magic? Because there are several items that might be better than the frying pan. There aren't too many green dresses, but some of the royal pets have green dresses if you're ok with a grarrl or gnorbu.

Here is a list of items I thought you might be interested in:

Mysterious Forest Clearing Background, Evil Garden Gnome Background, Ye Olde Petpets Stall Background, Bewitching Sorcerers Bonnet, Dark Pointy Gnome Hat and Wig, Edna Costume Hat, Fancy Brightvale Gown, Spring Green Chiffon Blouse, Spring Green Ruffle Skirt, Steam Jacket, Jhudoras Spell, Magical Wand of Magicalness, Yew Wand, Silver Dubloon Necklace, Wind Up Icy Skeleton, Staff of the Bewed, Carved Walking Stick

This makes me want to read the discworld series! I've been told about it before, but haven't actually read any of the books yet.

Thank you both! 

I've got her nearly finished now. This is what I've done: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Tir_Far_Thoinn

Not entirely happy with the wig but unless I buy more NC or get involved with NC trading (scary stuff), I'm not going to find anything better so it'll do. 

Sakurabelle, you really do need to read Discworld! If you want to get started with the witches series, then either start with Wyrd Sisters, or The Wee Free Men. Wyrd Sisters follows the adult witches. Wee Free Men is the first book of the Tiffany Aching series which he wrote for younger readers but they're just as brilliant. Equal Rites is actually the first book that involves a witch, Granny Weatherwax, but as it's one of his earlier novels, it's a bit weird so I always recommend Wyrd Sisters to start the witches series with. 

In the Discworld books, there are mini-series that follow certain characters. Colour of Magic was the first Discworld book published but it's very weird so I never recommend starting with it. It was the first one I read but I really didn't like it. It wasn't until I read Wyrd Sisters that I really got into Discworld. I like the later Rincewind novels but the earlier ones are just strange. 

Hang on, I've got a list somewhere of the books split into their series. Putting it in spoilers because it's a long list: 

Now, the books which follow the same theme/characters as each other. Some books will cross over different groups. The ones where I've put a (!) are the ones which I would recommend people start for reading Discworld. Then read the rest of the books in that group and then move onto another group. 

The ones marked with * are the books written for younger readers although they are still awesome. In fact, I think the Tiffany Aching series are the best. 

The Witches 
Equal Rites 
Wyrd Sisters (!)
Witches Abroad
Lords and Ladies
Maskerade
Carpe Jugulum

Tiffany Aching/The Wee Free Men (These tie-in nicely with the Witches series) 
The Wee Free Men* (!)
A Hat Full of Sky*
Wintersmith*
I Shall Wear Midnight*

The Shepherd's Crown * (Will be published 27th August 2015. 41st and final Discworld novel. *flings self dramatically onto the floor and sobs uncontrollably*

City Watch (the police
Guards! Guards! (!)
Men At Arms
Feet of Clay
Jingo
The Fifth Elephant
Night Watch
Monstrous Regiment (Minor involvement of the Watch)
Thud!
Snuff

Death apart from the first two, they also feature Death's granddaughter Susan Sto Helit
Mort (!)
Reaper Man
Soul Music
Hogfather
Thief of Time (This is mainly a History Monks book but there is a large involvement of Death and Susan)

Rincewind
The Colour of Magic (!)
The Light Fantastic
Sourcery
Faust Eric
Interesting Times
The Last Continent
The Last Hero
Unseen Academicals

The Wizards
Equal Rites
Sourcery
Moving Pictures
Reaper Man
Lords and Ladies
Interesting Times
Hogfather
The Last Continent
The Last Hero
Unseen Academicals

Moist von Lipwig
Going Postal (!)
Making Money
Raising Steam

The History Monks
Small Gods (Minor involvement)
Thief of Time
Night Watch (Minor involvement)

Misc. Disworld Cultures (Are really standalone novels. All are good starter novels for getting into Discworld)
Pyramids 
Small Gods 
Monstrous Regiment (Has minor involvement from the City Watch and The Ankh-Morpork Times)

Miscellaneous
Moving Pictures (does involve the Wizards
The Truth (the start of the The Ankh-Morpork Times)
The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents* (This is pretty much the only Discworld novel that doesn't have involvement with any of the other characters or story arch from the other novels. Well, apart from Death because Death is everywhere so he does get involved. But only in a very minor involvement.)

You could pick up any Discworld novel and read it without any knowledge of Discworld, but it's probably best to start with the first in one of the series. My favourites are the witches and Tiffany Aching series, Monstrous Regiment (Polly disguises herself as a boy, joins the army trying to find her brother, and ends the war. It's hilarious.) and the City Watch series. Sam Vimes (City Watch books) is my favourite character. OK, no, Death is my favourite character but Sam is a close second. 

I think I'll stop now before I ramble anymore.