Neopets support tickets

techwreck15

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I decided to create a new Vandagyre on my side account. So I did. But about five minutes later, she was suddenly removed and I got a notification from TNT saying my pet's name was somehow inappropriate and that my account is in now in danger of being frozen, but I can't figure out how in the world her name could possibly be construed as inappropriate in any way. So I submitted a support ticket to TNT asking if the name is actually inappropriate or if that was simply a mistake. 

So now, background out of the way, here's my question: With the move to JumpStart still in progress, and with the site as... well, broken as it is, does TNT still check/respond to support tickets? 

I had my account frozen over a game glitch literally a week after they started the move... They did get back to me eventually and I got my account back, but it did take several months. I guess at the time there might have been more tickets to get through, what with all the changes and problems happening because of the move. I'm sure they are still answering tickets, but I'd prepare yourself for a bit of a wait, even before all of this they had never been the quickest when it came to consumer queries or issues.

Have you checked over the name in case there is a swear word or a word that wouldn't be appropriate for younger players hidden within it because neopets really overdo their filters... like how you can't write words like 'grape' or 'skill'.

It's highly unlikely that this is a mistake on their end. As said above the filters are very sensitive so even a non-offending pet name can be flagged as inappropriate for containing a hidden word the filters deem as inappropriate. Chances are your account won't be frozen over this one instance, but I don't think you'll have your pet returned to you.

As for ticket response times, it can take them a while to address them. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long before you find out for sure if it was intentional on their end.

@Rinielle - Thanks for the fast response, and glad to hear you got your account back.

I've checked the name several times, and even ran it through an online anagram finder just to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I still can't find anything even the least bit inappropriate about it. 

@Mouseykins - Unless their filter has a random nonsense word or one I have never heard before, I don't see how that could be the case. I've tried to find any words inside the name I chose, but I couldn't find anything that wasn't either a common word like "in" or simply a string of nonsense characters. I'll do some more research just to make sure though.

EDIT: I just did some research on every possible linear combination of letters in the name in question, and I still didn't find anything definitively inappropriate. The only things that seem even the least bit controversial are:

• An organization for the prevention of HIV and AIDS
  • A Sanskrit word meaning "speech" or personified by a goddess
  • A common abbreviation that refers to a form of anarchism and to the Latin "Ante Christum," meaning "Before Christ"; also refers to Accentuating current, air conditioning, etc.
  • A medical abbreviation referring to cervical dysplasia

I doubt if any of those are valid enough to have actually been put into the filter, though, as they are all rather vague, and most of them, with the exception of the very first one, are parts of other, more common words. 

I'm really hopeful that this was just a glitch or some other fault on TNT's end so I can still use the name I picked (because, quite frankly, I really like it), but I guess only time will tell. In any case, thanks for answering everyone!

I'd just let it go and create a new pet. It's not worth the hassle imo.

Years ago I created a pet and the same thing happened to me. I had no idea what I did wrong until I asked here. Turns out it contained a swear word in another language that I do not even speak and had no clue.

His name was Dhureon. Looks innocent. It IS innocent. Nothing comes up if you google it... but it broke their filter rules because it contained "hure". After submitting many tickets, they stuck to their decision and I never got him returned to me. Several other people also had pets removed for the same thing. We submitted tickets at the same time - they got their pets returned to them and I did not.

I wouldn't worry about being frozen either. It's just an auto message because some people DO try to make scandalous names.

I'd just let it go and create a new pet. It's not worth the hassle imo.

Years ago I created a pet and the same thing happened to me. I had no idea what I did wrong until I asked here. Turns out it contained a swear word in another language that I do not even speak and had no clue.

His name was Dhureon. Looks innocent. It IS innocent. Nothing comes up if you google it... but it broke their filter rules because it contained "hure". After submitting many tickets, they stuck to their decision and I never got him returned to me. Several other people also had pets removed for the same thing. We submitted tickets at the same time - they got their pets returned to them and I did not.

I wouldn't worry about being frozen either. It's just an auto message because some people DO try to make scandalous names.

hrtbrk is right. Sorry about your experience though... :sad01_anim:

I'd be frustrated if that happened to me...

@hrtbrk: I'm sorry to hear that! I suspected something similar would be the case, but I thought it may be an issue on their end after my research. I've already decided making a new pet would be the best option, but unfortunately my computer just stopped working (AGAIN) so I guess I'll have to wait anyway. Just my luck. :/

@EmeraldDestiny2015: It's definitely frustrating. I was just about to start customizing her too. I'm just glad I didn't put anything on before they removed her!

I intentionally omitted this detail earlier just to be sure I wasn't breaking any rules, but I'm pretty sure it's a safe detail to share now. The name that was (supposedly) inappropriate is "Avacine," a name that is partially (but completely unintentionally) inspired by the name "Avacyn" from the Magic: The Gathering (MTG) card game.

In any case, thanks to everyone for your help. I'll try to get one of my two computers fixed up so I can get back to Neopets as soon as possible. Maybe my support ticket will be processed by then!

As a suggestion we could possibly help more if you gave us the pet's name? If not that's totally okay though.

Also regarding your question about tickets, I'm not sure they respond as of right now, I've submitted several, and they have either been automatically rejected (Those meanies) or I've just gotten computer generated answers) (Or of course they just ignored my question)

Thanks for the feedback, Pikky! I hope that's just because of the move. Of course, with such a relatively small staff and such a large number of users, you can't really blame them...

I did say the name in my last post, but I'll say it again here as my last post was a bit bulky. The name that was removed was "Avacine".

EDIT: Yay! I checked Neopets on my phone and found that they responded to my ticket and gave me back my pet! Thanks for the support everyone!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Songbirdsara if you have any questions regarding this action.