Restocking Mistake :(

Long story short: I saw the word Morphing Potion in the Shop. I bought the Morphing Potion, vaguely remembering at the back of my head from the restocking tutorials I've read that Morphing Potions usually catch good prices.. I found out that the Morphing Potion is actually worth 2000 on the Shop Wizard.

What makes it even worse was that there were two morphing potions and of course, I picked the one that'll give me a worse deduction. Now I'm 33,333 nps lower and I have a Green Kyrii Morphing Potion sitting in my Shop, and I have no idea whether I should price it at 2000 or attempt to regain whatever I've lost.

Sorry for venting, I was hoping this would make me feel better :(

I've been on Neopets for nearly a year why do I still make mistakes like these

Don't worry, I've done the same!

I kept seeing morphing potions in the shop but I could never get there quick enough cause I was checking what the restocking price was so I decided to just buy it straight away anyway and I ended buying one for around 35k that was worth about 1500. In all honesty I dunno about anyone else but for me I'd rather do that and lose a bit of NP in the short term and gain it back when you get a good one cause I'm sure nobody really knows the worth of every single morphing potion.

Are you actually trying restocking or did you see it and grab the opportunity? Usually if it's been sat there a while I assume it's not worth anything.

You'll eventually work out the ones you'd buy at a loss. If you see a potion hat's given away as a daily - pirate MPs, red poogle etc. they won't be worth a whole lot. The basic colours of uni and ogrin also tend to be a loss (not the blue uni). Take a quick look on the JN DB to see what the cheaper MPs are so you don't buy them by mistake. 

The problem is that the MP shop is popular for restockers and profit so it goes very quickly.

would you consider putting it up for trade? i'd be willing to trade 2,000 np as well as items for it. for example do you have all the forgotten shore map pieces? i would trade you one of each and while they arent good for resale if you keep all nine in your inventory you can visit the forgotten shore and when you do ( or at least when i did) i made 8,531 np as a reward) and you can go back every day for items or np

I think a good rule of thumb is to find out what the more popular converted pets are and use that information to buy potions? For example faerie xweetoks are popular and I think their MPs are about 1mil? But cheap colors combined with pets lower in popularity like buzzes or jetsams won't be worth as much. 

Thanks for the nice words, everyone! :D I hope all of you get good profits with your restocking :)

Don't worry, I've done the same!

I kept seeing morphing potions in the shop but I could never get there quick enough cause I was checking what the restocking price was so I decided to just buy it straight away anyway and I ended buying one for around 35k that was worth about 1500. In all honesty I dunno about anyone else but for me I'd rather do that and lose a bit of NP in the short term and gain it back when you get a good one cause I'm sure nobody really knows the worth of every single morphing potion.

Are you actually trying restocking or did you see it and grab the opportunity? Usually if it's been sat there a while I assume it's not worth anything.

I usually restock food items, particularly from the Bakery. I actually haven't been restocking much lately :P I just look at the Magical Shop from time to time. Then lo and behold- my biggest mistake on Neopets so far.

would you consider putting it up for trade? i'd be willing to trade 2,000 np as well as items for it. for example do you have all the forgotten shore map pieces? i would trade you one of each and while they arent good for resale if you keep all nine in your inventory you can visit the forgotten shore and when you do ( or at least when i did) i made 8,531 np as a reward) and you can go back every day for items or np

Haha, thank you! That's kind of you to offer that :) Although, I already have access to the Forgotten Shore so I don't really need the Map Pieces anymore :P Thank you for the offer :)

Since you've already bought it, I suggest you use it on one of your pets and get the Magical Kauvara avatar!  You get that one from using any morphing potion on your pets.  That way, you'll feel better about what you spent, and have something to show for it.

You know, I was about to say I didn't like Kyriis and I don't collect Avatars, but I tried seeing if one of my pets (which I've wanted to morph lately but was thinking Bori, rather) and my goodness, Malditta would look really nice as a Kyrii! It's even better because not only is there a Kyrii-specific dress that goes with her outfit (that's as cheap as the morphing potion, and solves my problem of getting the expensive Lovely Kacheek Dress), her dream customization suits the Speckled Kyrii, and I have a Speckled Paintbrush lying in my SDB! You're right, I'd definitely feel better about this, because it's so... wow. It solves all the problems I had with Malditta's customization.