Help me customizing a maraquan

I lust after UC pets and maraquan is close but then complain about lack of options. haha. Can anyone help me with a maraquan gelert? I really dont know where to go with him.While the background is mine the cape isnt. As it NC trades about a 10, I am a little hesitant to seek one. Man oh man I told myself no more NC! I'd prefer NP items but have 500NC to spend too. What would you do?

medium_preview.png

UPDATE, changed the background and removed the cape. This is simpler and much less in NC trading! thanks everyone

just some feedback but I feel the boat foreground is a little busy while not really matching the background. It might work though with a different background? of course, the cape is one of your few options, but you know, you dont have to use it if you dont want to. overall its pretty nice. I do think that theres some potential with that foreground though so yeah. Hope I helped?

just some feedback but I feel the boat foreground is a little busy while not really matching the background. It might work though with a different background? of course, the cape is one of your few options, but you know, you dont have to use it if you dont want to. overall its pretty nice. I do think that theres some potential with that foreground though so yeah. Hope I helped?

The foreground is part of the background. It's the Enchanting Boat Ride Background, and that includes the foreground.

Honestly, I think what you have here for the customisation is pretty good! It's simple, and Maraquans are difficult to customise. :/ If it were me, though, I'd go for an underwater background rather than a boat one. The Maraquan Gelert looks like it's floating, so it might look better in an environment where it would be floating.

Yes, I was going to say, I think the boat matches VERY nicely with the background. They both have the "altadorian" looking stars. The cape is a nice touch, whether you go with that particular one or a different one, I think a cape would work best with a maraquan. Other than that, sometimes less is more. You don't always have to get too crazy to look nice. Simple can be nice too. I always like to look at people's customizations. I haven't really seen any I dislike.