Why is junk suddenly so expensive??

LadyMidday

I just recently got back on after a couple of years and noticed that a freakin box of wheat thins goes for 5k now! So do dried apricots, brown sauce and a handful of other stuff that used to be on the lamer end of the prize spectrum at the tombola. Did I miss something?? Why the sudden spike in prices?

I went on Jellyneo's item database and saw that a few of these prices shot up on April 8th, 2014 (while I was off). What happened then?? Sorry if I sound like a total noob, hahah. I've been wondering for about a week now!

EDIT: Sorry, by that same token I've also noticed that pirate-related morphing potions are way way cheaper. Any reason for that, too? Not that I'm complaining, I really wanted a pirate Aisha when I was younger, and now I've got one! :-)

The "Coincidence" daily has brought up the price of dried apricots, brown sauce, wheat thins, etc. It asks for a random amout of what used to be "junk" items, for a chance to test the RE machine. It basically created a "sellers market" for those items. You can read about the daily here. It started with The Water Tower event and the end result was the "Coincidence" daily. I believe the event started in March 2014 and ended in April 2014, with the "Concidence" daily continuing from that point forward.

For the other items, as orangebright mentioned, those dailies dropped the prices of those items, as those prizes seem to be given out more often than they used to. Anchor Management started out as an event, too. In July 2011, Krawk Island disappeard. Pieces of it were scattered across the ocean, and, eventually the pieces were brought back together, revealing a new Krawk Island. The Anchor Management daily is to keep the giant squid (or what ever broke the island apart) from breaking the island up again. The Anchor Management daily also gives out the pieces of the Forgotten Shore map. So, as anyone can do the Anchor Management daily, more people were able to get access to the Forgotten Shore. More access, means more of the prizes in circulation, which causes the prices to go down.

Ahh, that all makes sense. Bummed I missed the water tower event, that sounds like it was kinda cool! Thanks so much, y'all! :-)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.