Nay for ganglion cysts!

frozenpancakes

I posted here a while back about my (not) sprained wrist, which I then learned was affected by Carpal tunnel syndrome.

The new lump on the back of my wrist seems to think otherwise! I will be going to the doctor soon, to see what he thinks about this.

Boohoo, I was hoping to go back to tennis soon. It'll be a few more months at least :(

Does the ganglion hurt? I had one of those on my wrist for years, I used to get just a wee bit unhappy at the "ew, what's that?!" reactions from people >.> So I used to tell them I'd been bitten by a spider and a load of babies were gonna hatch out of it :whistle: I went to the doc about it and was told that while it could be removed it might result in damage to the nerves and lose of the use of my hand...alrighty then, I'll just put up with it then! Then one day it just disappeared...all very strange.

That sucks about the carpal tunnel, never had that, but I do have two ganglion cysts. Mine are pretty small, and honestly I hadn't really even thought about them for like a year, because they don't cause me any problems. I've had one of them for probably 10 years or more. They can be removed, but I've heard it's pretty common they come back. I hope you can figure something out with your doctor - and take it easy on your wrists!

I've got a ganglion in each wrist. I had one removed but it only grew back. They can both be painful at times but other times i forget about them. Bumping them is extremely painful for a little while but sometimes it bursts them and there is no pain at all until it grows back. Mine are the size of large marbles but i have seen one the size of a tennis ball on someones knee.

Does the ganglion hurt? I had one of those on my wrist for years, I used to get just a wee bit unhappy at the "ew, what's that?!" reactions from people >.> So I used to tell them I'd been bitten by a spider and a load of babies were gonna hatch out of it :whistle: I went to the doc about it and was told that while it could be removed it might result in damage to the nerves and lose of the use of my hand...alrighty then, I'll just put up with it then! Then one day it just disappeared...all very strange.

It hurts very much! Resting it seems to help temporarily, but it just goes back to hurting when I stop resting it, no matter how long it rested.

Mine is brand new and not very big. It's hardly noticeable until I bend my wrist, actually.

Sucks that it hurts :( I was lucky that mine never caused me any pain. With any luck your will just go away and not come back, like mine did. Here's hoping!