SOS

Psmucker3

hi guys. Normally a fairly happy person, I have lately been feeling pretty down about almost every aspect of my life. For one, I am not enjoying school as much as I did before. I go to an art school for fashion but lately I feel like I am not good enough to be the world-acclaimed fashion designer I have always aspired to be. All jokes aside, I have also been feeling very tired lately no matter how much sleep I seem to get. My motivation to do homework is at an all time low, usually I am a very motivated student. It feels no matter how hard I try to remain positive, negative thoughts constantly run through my head. Help! :'(

I've been there too! It's hard to be in the arts- especially in school when there's plenty of opportunity to compare yourself to your class mates.
It was hard for me to go to art school- even though I was good, it was hard not to handle being the best in my class, and I thought I wasn't cut out for it.
But I stuck it out and now I'm a full-time illustrator! I understand it can be tough to give yourself enough credit for your work, and be comfortable with the future.
Fashion designers, or anyone successful in that field have probably been exactly where you are now, so you've just got to keep at it!
This could just be a rough patch that you persevered though in order to achieve your goals :)

You might also want to consider taking vitamin D, I'm not sure if it's winter/cold where you are but people can suffer from a vitamin deficiency that lowers their mood and energy.
More physical activity will help you sleep better and increase your mood too! And treat yourself to the things you like doing too, the better you feel the easier it will be to do the things you need to.

^^ I agree, it might also be wise to see a doctor if you're concerned about depression, you do sound like you have the symptoms.

Hopefully this was helpful, and good luck to you!

I've been there. I go to a really hard school and it seemed like no matter how much work I put into my studies I didn't feel like I accomplishing anything. I had friends to talk to someone to do homework with me and that really helped me to get my motivation back. My suggestion is to do the same. Find someone to do the work with and it won't feel as oppressive and also give yourself time to do something you love or be with someone you love. Also get some exercize that always gives me more energy.

If these don't work then a doctor might be needed, but I know how hard it is to go to a doctor.

Good luck, God bless, and hope you feel better soon.

I would for sure see a doctor. Just because if you're sleeping a lot, thats already a sign that your body might be working too hard. Even if your mentally exhausted and there isnt actually anything going on physically. I was just in the slump you were in at the beginning of the year actually. Its easy to think bad thoughts. To let your mind get to you. You should get excited for your career choices and school in some way. IDk what that would mean for you? maybe a club or something? Maybe reach out and spend time with friends or family even. I always take a dump in school and get unmotivated. Its kinda just my normal life ive noticed. Excited. Ecstatic. Bored. Hate it. Annoyed. Over worked. Then just plain dont care. Every semester LOL. never fails. Dont worry though- you'll get through it. Everyone hits a slump. If you don't you're not human.