Yet another restocking question!

Makksim

The post office and book store are always good choices. I also use the igloo garage sale quite a bit. I would suggest having the shop wizard open while you do this so you can be sure you're getting a good deal that will make a profit. Hope this helps!

Something that someone once suggested to me is to pick a shop (a bookstore, pharmacy, etc.) and look that up on Jellyneo's item database. There you can select the store, sort by price, and start to familiarize yourself with the items in the store. You can look at the item, see what it sells for in-store and also what it sells for on the Shop Wizard/Trading Post so you can figure out which items will make a profit. It's been really helpful for me, though I've stopped trying to RS since the lag issues started.

Good luck!

Magic and stamps shop are what I would consider expert level

Faerie foods, Snow foods, chocolate, etc. are what I would start in. I say this because there aren't that many items that are unbuyable (UB) and it's easier to spot them and memorize the list.

Regular Food and Booktastic I would consider intermediate. Food has a ton of items though, and unfortunately lots of people trying to buy up UB Kad food.

So generally, I would go through JNeo's item lists in each shop and find out which ones have the least amount of UB items to recall, and start there. Good luck :)

I really enjoy restocking at stamps and chocolate shop. I'm kinda 'meh' at restocking. Stamps I find i can spend 3hrs straight trying to get items and i'll only get a handful. Chocolate though, i think its pretty easy. You can get a lot in a small amount of time, but the prices on the shop wiz flex SO much that its kind of hard to make money on the items that pop up more often I'm talking about those that you can buy in shop for 2000 and see they are on the shop wiz for like 2500-2700. Yea its a deal, but next time you check the shop wiz they could be selling for like 1500 .. which is what I always find myself dealing with. You just have to play the ups and downs of the day to day. When I see someone selling 12 of one item for like 2000 i'll pull my item off the shop wiz and try to sell it another time, because I want the best price for the demand. Good luck :)

My first forays into restocking (the only successful ones) were in the gift shop in February (for MVC's, though I was also able to snag a few other valentine items), igloo garage sale, and really unpopulated shops (like sea shells).

Sea shells was nice at the time because there were so few items, and nearly every one (all but two, at the time) was at least marginally profitable, and I was often the only one in there! My gallery is beach-themed, but I've managed to snag all but the 2-3 rarest for my gallery and my album there, and sell some of the moderately priced ones for a profit. TNT has since released a lot more items for that shop, so it wouldn't be so easy anymore, and it was never super-profitable, but it was good practice for MVC's. MVC's are nice because they often restock in large batches, so you can usually snag at least one (sometimes 2-3). And while everyone else is grabbing them, you can sometimes grab a more expensive, rare valentine item (and still get an MVC or 2 in the same restock).

I never moved beyond "beginner," so this may not be the best advice for preparing to advance or make serious NP restocking, but it was profitable, and less frustrating than the big shops.