Back to Neopets!

Kennigma

I've been lurking for a week or two now and I've seen a lot of people post about how they've returned to Neopets. I'm starting to think more adults than kids play this game! I started playing Neopets in about 2001 or so. Recently I started getting nostalgic for my favorite Neopets flash games, which I resisted for a week, and then ended up starting a new account/obsession. My original account has been purged but I feel like I've already accomplished more in my two weeks back then I ever did as a child. It feels just as laggy now as it did when I played using dial-up. But for me it is a return to a simpler time and very relaxing now that I can play from the comfort of my own bed instead of hunched over the family desktop computer in the living room.

Wait, is this your return story or mine?? :O haha oh my goodness, I can relate to everything you just said. I just got satellite internet a year and a half ago. I remember when I was a kid on my family computer late at night playing neopets in the kitchen lol. My mom would never let me play during the day when she had work to do. When I was little all I did was play faerie bubbles, meerca chase, gadgadsgame, gormball, and I had a strange addiction to pick your own. I wasn't very accomplished but I do miss my disco kougra I had before my account was purged. I was just talking to another user abut how this lag is no different than dial up lol -I really hope they fix this mess soon :/

Welcome back! :) It's the same for me, I started playing 10 years ago and since I couldn't log in into my original account I made a new one and honestly I think I have accomplished more now than i did before haha, but now I just miss my retired avatars booo.