Hi guys!

FoolishFancy

Hiya!

I started playing Neopets when I was at school, back when Bruces were of a more Forsyth-y nature (good game good game), then promptly forgot about it for several years. Started using this site in December, it's fantastic! I have a starry Scorchio, a sketch Poogle and now an adopted shadow Cybunny (at last, the pet 13-year-old me always wanted!!) Starting to wrap my head around the concept of pets wearing clothes and stuff but a little overwhelmed by the choices of looks.

I'm a UK-based music producer who's recently (re)qualified in mental health peer support and if you wanted to know what the inside of a crazy (no really, that's why they call it peer support) person's head sounds like, well, here you go. In my spare time I enjoy playing games badly, baking all manner of good things and eschewing traditional British stereotypes by having tea with two sugars please, or preferably coffee, prompting judgemental looks from the no-sugars and wet-spooners. Yeah.

Hope your day's going well, cheers for reading.

Guest JussttBre

Hi welcome back to Neo! When I first came back from a long hiatus I couldn't believe you could now dress your pet. At first I'm not even going to lie, I was a little skeptical because I thought it was just a way to make people spend money on the site, but now I enjoy dressing up my pets.

I love my tea with 2 lumps as well. I'm actually going to England in the summer to visit my boyfriends family since they all live there. Try to get out there once a year for a nice visit.

See you around! :)

Go team twospoon!

Haha, that's what I thought about customisation too at first, the NC Mall really threw me at first.

What part of England will you be visiting? And what is thing you speak of called summer? I think that's when the rain's a bit warmer but it's been so long it's hard to remember.

Guest JussttBre

Well most of his family is in Manchester so we stay up there a majority of the time but we try to go down to London and Winchester for a bit as well. Last time we only got two days in London and I wish we had more time but it was beautiful!

Thats true, I was not use to the rain at all! Last time every pair of shoes I had were soaking wet and I didn't have enough warm clothes so thank goodness for Primark! I'm hoping it will be a nice break from the heat because last summer it tended to be 49°C + the majority of the time and it absolutely melted me. I guess that's what I get for living in a desert though. :whofarted:

One time we had an exchange student come over from Georgia to the dreary midlands at uni - from September to February there wasn't a day where it didn't at least spit with rain. Our weather can come as a shock once people realise we aren't joking, the sky is pretty much a uniform grey 11 months of the year. Manchester in particular has its own weather system where it appears to drizzle constantly... the obvious exception to this is Yorkshire, where everything is great all the time (including Brian Blessed, Yorkshire's finest - he once punched an aggressive polar bear in the face despite being over 70, not forgetting that time he helped out Flash Gordon).

I don't know if the onesie is a thing in America but if you do make it over this year do be prepared to see a lot of grown adults dressed like toddlers in public.

Guest JussttBre

Oh goodness that would be a sight to see!!

I honestly would have no clue how to handle gloom for too long. I just looked up some weather stats, I guess it only on average rains 27 days out of the year and less then 5 inches where I live.

When we went to Alton Towers it was the one day out of the week that was suppose to be sunny, but then an hour after getting there it started raining. Guess you just get use to it though?

Welcome back :)

Oh how very British! A chat about the weather ;)

Where I live, it's incredibly windy right now... And yes it has been raining...

Oh yes the onsies are particularly stunning aren't they ;)

There's so much weather around, how can we not discuss it?

I love the changes Pipsy, I think the biggest shock to the system was how many games there are now. Neopets has come a long way since the games cupboard :D

And Bre... this is normal now, particularly at weekends in cities.

A wet spooner will stir their tea to get the spoon wet then put it into a bag of sugar and only use what clings to the spoon for sweetness :) Yorkshire tea is the tastiest, even folk from Lancashire drink it... but coffee is definitely better.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

There's so much weather around, how can we not discuss it?

I love the changes Pipsy, I think the biggest shock to the system was how many games there are now. Neopets has come a long way since the games cupboard :D

And Bre... this is normal now, particularly at weekends in cities.

A wet spooner will stir their tea to get the spoon wet then put it into a bag of sugar and only use what clings to the spoon for sweetness :) Yorkshire tea is the tastiest, even folk from Lancashire drink it... but coffee is definitely better.

Oh yeah I had forgotten about the games cupboard!

Lol! That photo is perfect!! :D