Old, frozen accounts

chizLemons

I used to play neopets years ago in an account that's now frozen. I don't even remember why it was frozen but it was unfair and I got frustrated at the time and didn't even try to get it back.

These days I was feeling nostalgic so I looked my old pets up and they still exist! However I definitely don't remember enough account details to get it back...will my pets live there forever? Or is there any way to get it back? Has anyone ever done it?

It's sad because I'll probably never get them back and the names are forever taken. :/

I'm under the impression that your pets will never disappear because there is always a chance that if you send in a ticket that you can get your account unfrozen. Some people actually achieve this like 1+ after sending in their ticket.

I know how you feel. Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, how often do you have to login to your account to keep it from being purged? Obviously with mine, I login every single day now, so I doubt it is in any danger, lol, but when I first started it about 7 yrs ago, and played for about 6 mos or a year, then maybe here and there for the next 5 years. I have been back for good now for almost 2 yrs. So obviously during that 5 yrs, I played enough here and there to avoid the purge, but how close was I to losing Magickalhorn forever? I don't even want to think about that.

It has to be several years without logging in before they purge it. I have a side that still exists, and I haven't logged in to it for at least 4 years if not more. I think it might also depend on the age/activity of the account. I've somehow managed to keep a side going for 12 years even though I've only signed on sporadically and gone years at a time without logging in at all.

They warned me before they purged my old main. I got an email stating it would be deleted if I didn't log in by a certain date. Unfortunately, I entered my birth date as 1902 when I made the account, and the drop down menu didn't go down that far. I emailed them to try to get them to help, but it didn't get fixed in time :(

So yes, they do go through and purge accounts, so those pet names won't be taken forever.

It's not years entirely. I believe the account only has to be inactive for a year and a half. There used to be a board/petpage that tracked the lowest amount of months. While I cannot find the page in my bookmarks, 18ish months ring a bell. It was speculated that it goes by activity. If the account looks to have had some good use ie: a lot of avatars/stamps/well painted pets, it likely won't be included in the purge. I also seem to recall that accounts younger than 3 years will NOT be included.

It's heavily tracked and quite an interesting read if anyone can resurrect it.