Parental Consent Required?

Brit

I'm 20 years old, I've had my account since 2009, and have always been able to neomail and access the Neoboards. For whatever reason earlier while neomailing someone, I got a message saying I was accessing it from somewhere aside from neopets.com but I knew I wasn't.

Now I'm able to be on the boards, view the topics but when clicking on a topic I get

"Error: You don't have permission to view this page!

Parental consent is required to view certain pages on the Neopets.com website. For more information, please click here."

T_________T

Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: I just noticed when trying to change my password, I can't even change my profile!!

Edit 2: When trying to connect with Facebook I get "Sorry, only those 13 years or older can connect their Neopets account to a Facebook account"

WHAT'S GOING ON!!!???

This may not be the issue, but it may be worth checking. Has your birthday on Facebook changed, or is it still showing what you entered when you created your Facebook account? I know you can link your Facebook login with Neopets and maybe it is "pulling" your birthday/age from Facebook. It would only make sense if you were making changes to your Facebook account or Facebook made security changes. Looking at my Neopets profile, it appears my birthday is not able to be changed. Other than that, that is a strange issue indeed. Hope your account didn't get stolen. Can you at least put a ticket in with Neopets?

This may not be the issue, but it may be worth checking. Has your birthday on Facebook changed, or is it still showing what you entered when you created your Facebook account? I know you can link your Facebook login with Neopets and maybe it is "pulling" your birthday/age from Facebook. It would only make sense if you were making changes to your Facebook account or Facebook made security changes. Looking at my Neopets profile, it appears my birthday is not able to be changed. Other than that, that is a strange issue indeed. Hope your account didn't get stolen. Can you at least put a ticket in with Neopets?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'll admit my age on facebook and my birthday on neopets is different, however minus the almost 5 years my account has been around, and I'd still be over the age of 13. I have never (maybe once like 2 years ago or something) connected neopets with Facebook so if that is the case, I have no idea why it'd be happening now.

I have changed my password as a precaution.

and I did manage to send in a ticket, so, I guess it's all down to the waiting game.

NOTE TO MOD: I didn't wanna double post, so I'm just editing this.

I hopped on a side and went to the HC. I got a suggestion to change my password. So I did and that seems to have fixed my problem.

So, there's no need for this thread. Please close it.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

Closed by request.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.