Most Wanted Pets for Adoption

jally_muse

I would imagine it depends on a combination of name, species, and color. Players including myself like pets with proper names - no numbers, symbols, and spaces - that sound good. Pets with awful names are harder to "save" than those that have better names. Species plays a role with the likelihood that someone will like the pet and will adopt it. The most popular species chart is a good guideline, but the limited edition pets should be weighted much more heavily than they are. For example, I would imagine there is a higher demand for Shoyrus than there are for Gnorbus. Finally, color is a matter of preference, but having rare or expensive colors certainly never hurts. You would have to look out for which colors are most popular in a species... to find out which colors are most popular in a species. For Kacheeks, White is a very popular color from what I can make out. Good luck zapping.

I've been running a no application adoption center on Neo for close to 6 months now. I've seen a lot of pets come and go. Unfortunately, we have some pets that have been with us since the beginning. These pets include bad named pets and buyable paint jobs (Christmas, Snow, Speckled..). My advice would be to pop into the PC at least once a day and see what everyone is hunting for. It changes a lot.

Another good option is to find a well named pet, and zap it! If you obtain a color that you find pleasing or are unsure about, go to the PC and ask if there are any interests. See if the pet is worth holding onto and trying to find an owner or not. My mailbox is always open if you have any questions and I hope you get lots of great zaps in the future. :)

(Final note: The one pet that I've seen always finding a good home, regardless of the color, is a well named Aisha.)

Obviously most people when looking for a perm pet want a name that sticks, that they can live with. Long or short it doesn't matter, even if it's long they can give it a nickname. Also, no numbers of underscores would be ideal. However, it does depend on the owner. Some people don't mind it, once again-- so long as they can give the pet a nickname.

Excluding UC's I find Krawks and Draiks are popular, but obviously expensive-- however that's a big thing people look for mainly, I find- they're great for customizing.

Although even if you do choose to hatch a draik, or morph the pet into a draik or krawk, it's a rather expensive risk to take.

So I'd say if you don't have the neopoints to take those risks pick a popular species.

I find popular species include:

Kacheek

Aisha

Xweetoks depending on color

probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Not so popular Species:

Kiko

Jubjub

Techo

Tonu

Koi

Skieth (spell check xP)

Quite a few others

When it comes to colors-- no one wants a cheap color, or a color to outrageous that they cant come up with a decent customization for it.

So stay away from:

Basic colors

Christmas

Speckled

Split

Biscuit

Cloud

Glowing

Snow

Possibly a few others.

Other colors that are a bit more expensive but don't get much appeal:

Spotted

Some Halloween's

Some Shadow

MOST Pink

A few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Lastly, take into account the lab exclusive colors. Those seem to be sought after as well. I'd say the only exception to this would be fruit and veggie Chia's (except pea)

garlic, clay and possibly a few robo's.

I use to be a regular PC'er, and still am on the occasion, so I've based my answers off of what I'd look for, and what I've personally seen other look for.

That doesn't mean that you wouldn't be able to find a home for Butterfly__643091_ the Glowing Bori if someone really loves it.

Hope that helps!

I also started to zap/adopt out a few years ago. It's really fun. This year I decided to try and zap 1 of every species.

I find that as long as the name is good, someone will want it. There's only been two or three times that I've chucked a pet in the pound instead of finding an owner on the boards as I wanted to get a new pet to zap.

Most species are popular as well, depending on the colour. I've had the most offers on techos and skeiths, so I think it's just what's "cool" at the time.

Worst case scenario is that you chuck the pet back in the pound to give someone a nice surprise (because sometimes the shock of seeing a well painted pet in the pound is enough for someone to fall in love) or just continue zapping until you get a better species/colour combo.

im a huge advocate of adopting pets that are 'stuck' in the pound, because they arent seen as much unless someone actually looks for them- there are a lot of well named pets stuck listed on pages where people take time to list em. lost and pound is a good site to scour- i got all my K named pets from there except 2 on my main that i created myself.. but when you zap those and repound, it would be better to advertise them- or they might sit stuck again for awhile.. i adopted a kau, zapped it darigan, and it sat in the pound forever until i mentioned it on a board..

That's the problem with stuck pets.

You can't find them just through regular searching through the pound, you have to actually enter the name and look for the pet that way.

I prefer just to find pets with a name that I would adopt, and then zap from there.