negative monies??!?!?

Bloods_Mistress

but......thats the point of putting money in the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to protect you from this crap!!!

Putting your money in the bank prevents the random events that take a certain percentage of your money. However, most (all?) of the random events that have a fixed range of neopoints they take can still occur while you have less than that amount of neopoints on hand.

Most of those are really minor amounts (Things like 20NP or 190NP and similar), though the Mutant Kadoatie takes 5k and the Bullies event can take a somewhat larger amount as well.

this took over 600 np from me. it may not seem like a lot, but every bit counts. grrrr.

i dont even know how! i didnt get any randoms, the only way it could have was apple bobbing but it just said i inhaled water and felt ill. i havent even visited many pages on np today!

this took over 600 np from me. it may not seem like a lot, but every bit counts. grrrr.

i dont even know how! i didnt get any randoms, the only way it could have was apple bobbing but it just said i inhaled water and felt ill. i havent even visited many pages on np today!

Occasionally, an RE glitches out and shows on the bottom of the page, at least for me, so it might be that you simply missed it. 600-something sounds like it probably was the bullies event.

I got so upset about this after apple bobbing one time, I even sent a note to TNT asking if they knew you could have negative monies. And they said it's normal, and it's "just a fun part of Neopets." Really frustrated me, but I tried to pretend it was okay.

You have given Terror Trove Scratchcard to User 'bloods_mistress'

I sent you an early Christmas present - You can sell it to replace your ^00 NP's or try for something more :)

You are a good person :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Putting your money in the bank prevents the random events that take a certain percentage of your money. However, most (all?) of the random events that have a fixed range of neopoints they take can still occur while you have less than that amount of neopoints on hand.

Most of those are really minor amounts (Things like 20NP or 190NP and similar), though the Mutant Kadoatie takes 5k and the Bullies event can take a somewhat larger amount as well.

Although, usually I notice that Mutant Kads will take EXACTLY what I have on hand, like say for instance, 5138 nps. It is annoying. And the 3 or 4 times they have done it has been while I was playing NQ2. So, while I get a LOT of REs while playing NQ2, and most of them positive, there are some negative ones too. But yes, you are right, most of the REs that take nps are very minor amounts, and you can go negative.

how is this even possible???

like, theres a chance I might quit over this.

"NP: -377 "

Oh sweetie don't quit over it. You definitely want to put large amounts of nps in the bank. I have had negative hundreds of nps before. It happens. It isn't a frequent thing luckily, but it does happen. I was reading on the boards how one player had the tax beast take 800,000 nps!!!!! That meant that she had 8,000,000 nps on hand!!!! crazy!!! The positive, she got a gold tax beast trophy! lol.