Orange Is the New Black

neopets98

I'm guessing I'm not the only who CAN NOT wait for next season

Who are your favorite characters? Do you ship anyone on the show? Any thoughts or opinions are welcome :)

OMG, where do I start. This show isn't even amongst my favourites, but I'm so into it right now! It's hard to say which are my favourite characters, they're all so interesting (well, most of them). Even if I don't completely like them, there's at least one aspect about them that I do appreciate. But I guess that at the top of my list I'd put Taystee, Red, Sophia... I guess it's easier to mention the characters I dislike the most.

I HATE VEE, but she's a good character (plot-wise, obvs). Larry and Polly are bleeeh, especially Larry. I still can't understand how Piper ever got into him. Whenever I see Larry and/or Polly onscreen I almost feel like fast-fowarding. As for Piper and Alex, I'm not sure how I feel about them. I don't particularly like them, they annoy me sometimes. But I sorta have that feeling that I have to like them, because they're the main characters (this is one of the reasons why this show isn't amongst my favourites). I used to hate Pensatucky, but she's irrelevant now, so whatever. I won't even get into administration/guards, because I suppose most people dislike them anyway.

Throughout Season 2 I was a little disappointed because of how Taystee was behaving (getting mixed up with Vee and all that), but I LOVED how it ended. I was glad to see Taystee and the others abandoning Vee, and of course, Vee getting run over by Rosa. That was such a great scene. I'm almost afraid to see what's going to happen in Season 3. I don't think Vee's going away that easily... But then again, this show is full of surprises, maybe she really is dead and we'll just meet a whole new character to "replace" her.

No no no you don't have to 'like' all, or even any of the characters to make OITNB a good show, the plotline is crazy good, and the characters all have backstories (and i LOVE a good backstory)

my favourite characters are easily taystee and poussé, red, and i love pensatucky she's hilarious. everyone should watch it. it's brilliant.

what isn't brilliant is netflix releasing all the episodes on one day.. that's how long it took me to watch them all.

I love, love, LOVE Orange is the New Black!! It's such a great show, and the book was really good too. My favourite character is definitely Red. . . maybe I'm a tad biased (being a huge Kate Mulgrew fan), but Red is a great character. :laughingsmiley:

*SPOILER alert

OMG, where do I start. This show isn't even amongst my favourites, but I'm so into it right now! It's hard to say which are my favourite characters, they're all so interesting (well, most of them). Even if I don't completely like them, there's at least one aspect about them that I do appreciate. But I guess that at the top of my list I'd put Taystee, Red, Sophia... I guess it's easier to mention the characters I dislike the most.

I HATE VEE, but she's a good character (plot-wise, obvs). Larry and Polly are bleeeh, especially Larry. I still can't understand how Piper ever got into him. Whenever I see Larry and/or Polly onscreen I almost feel like fast-fowarding. As for Piper and Alex, I'm not sure how I feel about them. I don't particularly like them, they annoy me sometimes. But I sorta have that feeling that I have to like them, because they're the main characters (this is one of the reasons why this show isn't amongst my favourites). I used to hate Pensatucky, but she's irrelevant now, so whatever. I won't even get into administration/guards, because I suppose most people dislike them anyway.

Throughout Season 2 I was a little disappointed because of how Taystee was behaving (getting mixed up with Vee and all that), but I LOVED how it ended. I was glad to see Taystee and the others abandoning Vee, and of course, Vee getting run over by Rosa. That was such a great scene. I'm almost afraid to see what's going to happen in Season 3. I don't think Vee's going away that easily... But then again, this show is full of surprises, maybe she really is dead and we'll just meet a whole new character to "replace" her.

I hope they don't waste another second on Vee, but then again - I feel like she got off too easily. Maybe they could spend another episode with her & the inmates getting their revenge in the worst ways possible :3. I feel like some of Taystee, Watson & Cindy's actions didn't make sense. It didn't feel like they would follow Vee - it felt like the writers just made it that way so the plot would work

it hurt so much waiting for the second season of orange is the new black, but eh, not too terribly excited for a season 3, s2 kind of dragged on for me. i enjoyed the 1st season more, but the second season ended with such an amazing episode. if i didnt have a data cap on my internet, yeah, id be watching the first 2 seasons again.. maybe id get to appreciate the s2 more. not sure. sometimes that happens with me- watch something once or twice and i'm like eh, but the brilliance of a movie or series doesnt sink in until more watching / getting into the storyline.

i didnt really like napoleon dynamite, nacho libre, a clockwork orange, being human (either version) or lost girl until the 2nd or 3rd time i tried to watch these things, but now im a huge fan of all.. i used to be only a star trek: tng person, refused to ever watch any of the other movies series- boyfriend made me so mad when he brought home star trek: into darkness, and i was like blah, blah, blah, fifteen minutes in or so i was hooked! have watched all star trek movies/ other series by now. weird how things like that happen..

I completely agree about season 2 - it hurt a lot watching it, and I feel like at the end of the season, everything went back to how it was before, so it was kind of a waste of time. Season 1 was great. I trust that the third season will be great :)

OMG yeah. Do we know when the next season is coming out? The end of last season. WOW. I can't wait. I'm hoping for more of Alex in next season.

The next season is coming out in June 2015. At least it's consistent :/

No no no you don't have to 'like' all, or even any of the characters to make OITNB a good show, the plotline is crazy good, and the characters all have backstories (and i LOVE a good backstory)

my favourite characters are easily taystee and poussé, red, and i love pensatucky she's hilarious. everyone should watch it. it's brilliant.

what isn't brilliant is netflix releasing all the episodes on one day.. that's how long it took me to watch them all.

I love the backstories too. I think that's what I love most about the show.

---

Did anyone see Morello's backstory coming? I did not see it at all. I figured that Christopher broke it off sometime while she was in prison, but I did not see that she was crazy at all.

Bummer. It came out in the fall last year. I was hoping for a second round in the fall... Like now. haha.I'm almost done bunge watching Gilmore Girls.

Really? I started watching the show a few weeks ago so I didn't know- I thought they all came out in like the summer. This site said the next season is supposed to come out in June 2015

Also it's announced that Lori Petty reprises her role! :D I loved her character

Oh, that's not what I meant at all! It's definitely a great show, one of a kind. It's just not in my personal top favourite list. At least not yet. I might love it more after the next seasons!

Did anyone see Morello's backstory coming? I did not see it at all. I figured that Christopher broke it off sometime while she was in prison, but I did not see that she was crazy at all.

I only suspected something after she had that phone call with her sister... That was intense!

Oh, that's not what I meant at all! It's definitely a great show, one of a kind. It's just not in my personal top favourite list. At least not yet. I might love it more after the next seasons!

I only suspected something after she had that phone call with her sister... That was intense!

I agree—I don't love it yet, but after a few seasons, I might like it better

That phone call was surprising but I still didn't suspect it

• 8 months later...

I think the anticipation of this season made me build it up sooo much in my mind. I was less than thrilled by most of the season, but enjoyed the finale. Hopefully next season is better!

I just finished the season today & I agree. I think the backstories were boring or relatively boring