WARNING, spooky treasure maps are not worth it! :o

runlittlefoot

I would just like to warn everybody that the spooky treasure maps almost certainly do not give out random spooky foods based on all the spooky foods in the game. There seems to be a VERY great tendency towards absolutely cheap prizes. Being a frequent spooky foods shop RSer I know that there are a LOT of profitable/UB spooky foods considering the total amount of spooky foods on neo.

Today I turned in 10 maps and can hilariously tell you that the total worth from my luckiest try was 10 np. Leaving me feeling like this face --> :nerd:.

These very junky spooky foods also appeared in multiples almost every time giving a strong indication that the prize pool gravitates towards the lesser priced items. Having a lot of experience with math and probability I am sure that if the ten food items given out by the map were completely random spooky foods, then the chance of getting 2x Spooky Doughnut from all ten maps would be EXTREMELY rare. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Well anyways I hope this information if useful to at least somebody so that they don't end up draining lots of NPs innocently. This is actually really funny considering how dodgy the haunted woods are, I have to give the map credit for giving me a good laugh every-time I scored an almost gummy rat! :laughingsmiley: :rock: :nerd:

have a spectacular day fellow neopians!

334nm85.jpg

I tend to be wary of anything like maps, chests, etc., because I almost always end up with something worth way less than the original thing i started with. Then again, there is always that small chance you'll get one of those rare prizes, which is probably why people want to try in the first place.

A lot of the spooky food is junk though, but even if you did get a rare item, with the cost of ten maps you've already paid for it anyway

Bummer on the bad luck!

That certainly sounds like the smart way to go about things. I suppose a good general rule to follow would be to stick to free (or close to free) dalies for that chance at a rare item. :P Thankfully I wasn't particularity trying to make any profit lol, more just curious to see what the results would be.

The last couple of weeks in the spooky foods shop I've usually seen at least one UB spooky food per restock with 1-7 items appearing. Those items disappear way too fast for my speed at RSing but it is still pretty cool how common they are in the shop!

Only thing I actively buy for the purpose of making NP off of is the Neocola machine, I always end up with a transmogrification potion that gives me some sort of profit.

That certainly sounds like the smart way to go about things. I suppose a good general rule to follow would be to stick to free (or close to free) dalies for that chance at a rare item. :P Thankfully I wasn't particularity trying to make any profit lol, more just curious to see what the results would be.

The last couple of weeks in the spooky foods shop I've usually seen at least one UB spooky food per restock with 1-7 items appearing. Those items disappear way too fast for my speed at RSing but it is still pretty cool how common they are in the shop!

I'll take my chance on scratchcards, chests, some stuff, but I usually look to see what the options inside are, and a lot of times like 8 out of 10 options are worth basically nothing compared to the price of not opening it and I know I'd probably end up with that stuff. Definately the case with the spooky map!

I restock in the book shops, because I actually use them. I rarely see UBs - I'm not fast enough either, anyway

Only thing I actively buy for the purpose of making NP off of is the Neocola machine, I always end up with a transmogrification potion that gives me some sort of profit.

I've never gotten into this, so I went and tried it (didn't get as much as the token was worth) BUT it looks fun! Is there a limit, because it looks like a super cool slot machine if there isn't. I'm going to go buy some more tokens :)

no limit so far as i know to the neocola machine, people will create neoboards and post their winnings, and it is usually junk. sometimes they say they have hundreds of neocola tokens, or thousands.. if you are interested blue neocola tokens are usually the cheapest, then green, then red. ive seen the price of all 3 rise to 1k each, but i;ve only seen that happen one time with the blue one. more than once with the red one.

Kody, I don't know if you play the neocola machine, but you seem to know about the tokens. I have been selling mine, and I have LOTS of them- lol. Is the red more likely to win than the other colors, is that why it is more expensive? or does it not matter?

I was going to put a spooky map together the other day after stumbling upon a piece during a random event but the prices for the rest of the pieces were pretty outrageous. I'm sorry you got stuck with really lame spooky food D: I was hoping if I completed a map maybe I would get one of the more expensive spooky foods to put in my gallery....but prospects don't look good haha

Awesome Navy. :) I once tried that with about 100k with no luck, maybe the reason people run out of luck with the machine is from turning all the tokens in at the same time of the day? All the luck games on neopets spark my curiosity soo much, if I had millions of neopoints they probably wouldn't last very long LOL. :nerd:

i dont think it matters. i usually just sell them. i did buy a bunch when almost all the neocola tokens for some reason were going for 300 nps each, and i played at the machine, but i got bored. the only reason i pay attention to the price is because i buy a lot and resell at a higher price. i am more likely to sell out of red neocola tokens at a silly high price than any of the others. but chances of winning with one color as opposed to another? i dont know. maybe that is why it sells better for higher, maybe the people that win a lot at that machine know something we dont:D

That could very well be. I will tell you one thing, I played today using a blue token and I got a fake neocola token on a string, (not sure if that is the exact name of it, but you know what I am talking about, right?) and I played a long time with a blue token and got the same thing!! That may be why the blue ones are the cheapest. LOL. Thanks for your response. Like I said, I sell mine as well. But I may dabble at the chance for a transmog. potion every once in a while. :sick01:

no limit so far as i know to the neocola machine, people will create neoboards and post their winnings, and it is usually junk. sometimes they say they have hundreds of neocola tokens, or thousands.. if you are interested blue neocola tokens are usually the cheapest, then green, then red. ive seen the price of all 3 rise to 1k each, but i;ve only seen that happen one time with the blue one. more than once with the red one.

Yea, I bought quite a few, no luck!! I'll definately pay more attention to it now, though, because I thought it was fun anyway and the tokens are pretty cheap. I'm sure there must be other cool stuff around neopets that I should stop ignoring.

i've only tried the neocola machine a couple of times, and it wasn't worth it either time. :\ my favorite map has to be the forgotten shore. the pieces are cheap and you win a prize almost every day!

I agree, that and the lab map. I probably wouldn't do the ones you can complete multiple times though, I'd just sell the pieces. Not exactly sure what the treasure map gives out, I should check...but I'd still probably keep selling the pieces

See, this is why I was so bad a neopets when I was younger, you just don't know how to navigate all the different games.

I probably squandered some amazing items & chances unknowingly.

I've considered trying out the neocola machine, that and nerkmids... But not until I save up for collat ^^.