Switching Main Acc and Other Questions

virydian

Hello!

I recently had this urge to play Neopets again and I got back into my old main account only to remember how embarrassing my username was seven years ago. I've been wanting to switch main accounts for a long time but never had the guts to do so because I was pretty terrified of having my account frozen. So I know that you can transfer NP/items through the trading post and such but doing a mass move over might seem a little suspicious? I know not to do dailies or games while I do this though.

Also I was thinking of cleaning and donating some items away but if I put like a mass amount of items into donation would that raise a red flag of some kind?

donating items should not get you frozen. You can also do dailies as long as you are only doing them from one account. I don't know a lot about switching accounts, however I know people do it and TNT knows it. I don't think they freeze people for it. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

if it's the same email on both accounts and the same personal information, it shouldn't raise any red flags. there are a few guides out there on how to switch main accounts, but i don't want to link them and give you unverified advice. perhaps there's someone on the forums who has actually gone through the process? :)

I know of guildies who have successfully done this, just take your main account apart slowly and move items over a couple of days. Be sure not to make any NP on your main account while you are doing this, as well as dailies, etc. I'd personally wait a week for the transition to be complete before doing anything "main account" things on your your new main.