Neopets shop wizard - help!

spotify95

Hi guys,

Recently, I had bought a notebook for storing information about certain Neopets items (mostly codestones, neggs and paintbrushes) so that I could refer to it when selling items. I use the Shop Wizard in order to obtain the best selling price for my items.

However, the ordinary SW (I do not have premium) doesn't display the cheapest prices all the time, hence I needed to refresh a couple of times for each item.

This was fine, until about 3/4 of the way through, when it wouldn't let me search anymore.

At first, I thought that something was amiss with the site, so I then started to use my side account's Shop Wizard to complete the pricing up of my items....

To my surprise, I looked online and found out that the error was actually meant to stop you from searching too many times - and also, that I shouldn't have used my side account to search, but I should have waited until the top of the hour and resumed searching.

So my main question is: will TNT do anything, and what are the chances of my account being banned? (I'm not an experienced Neopets user, hence the error.)

Thanks! :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

As long as its not a reoccurring issue you should be fine, it is a mistake I have made myself and nothing happened. Just be careful to not earn any neopoints on your side and refrain from using it to get extra searches. When I am doing large searches like pricing my items I usually wait until 40minutes after the hour to start my searches so that I don't have to wait so long after getting banned c:

edit: I realized I used the wrong quote!

1. Can you vote in the BC on your side accounts? (I know you can't enter there, though) 2. If you get a faerie quest on one account, can you look it up on another? It would sure beat having to ask on the boards. :) 3. Can you buy items from Neopian shops on side accounts? It is possible you could profit from this, but not certain. 4. Can you buy items from players' shops on side accounts? Same reason as above. Thanks. :D ~beads_and_buttons
1 - No. That's not very fair, is it?
2 - While this is not encouraged (it kinda defeats the purpose of blocking access to the Shop Wiz, doesn't it?), we've never frozen anyone for it mostly because there are people who can't ask for quest help on the boards.
3 - No, you may not restock on side accounts.
4 - As long as the Nepoints you're using were earned on your main account.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=285

I hope this clears it up for you guys. I would just steer clear to be safe. Even though it isn't strictly against the rules.

As long as its not a reoccurring issue you should be fine, it is a mistake I have made myself and nothing happened. Just be careful to not earn any neopoints on your side and refrain from using it to get extra searches. When I am doing large searches like pricing my items I usually wait until 40minutes after the hour to start my searches so that I don't have to wait so long after getting banned c:

again, learn something new- i've been shop wiz banned, for 50, 40, 30, 20, and or 10 mins, but i had no idea it was counting down to the next hour! i thought it was just a random number chosen.. and it's against the rules to use a side account shop wiz when banned from your main's? like a real infraction? you can get in trouble for this?

So, what you guys are saying is that I shouldn't really search on my side if my main is shopwiz banned, but it isn't really a bannable offense?

Thanks guys! :)

Another question I have... when you create a new account you automatically get 2500NP for free. Now, can I use this 2500NP in the shop wizard on my side account. or do all funds have to come from my main account? (Assuming I can use the Shopwiz on a side, that is)

If they do have to come from the main, then what happens to that 2500NP? Can that be transferred to the main, or is that cheating? Thanks once again!

I think you have to use the 2500np on your side, but you can only use it to buy food for the pet(s) on your new account.

I could be wrong though, but I think that sounds about right from what I've read in the rules.

a) That figures, as otherwise you could take the NPs onto the main and make a profit on them - not allowed, so would result in my account being banned

b) I know that you CANNOT go to the Neopian Shops on your side as you could make a profit, but you can buy stuff (notably food?) from the shop wizard?

Can you also buy other items? On my main I usually hunt for the 1NP items, eg shiny obsidians, very cheap foods (help keep your pet full), books, toys etc. Could you buy those on a side? If so (1) can you use the 2500NP or (2) do the funds have to come from the main?

Sorry if this sounds long and tedious but I really don't want to get my side (and possibly my main) banned for a small break in the rules.

Here's an editorial question that will probably clear it up:

Hey, TNT! *hands doughnut* I'm just wondering: I recently created a side account and, with the Newbie Pack, there's 2,500 NP in it. Well, I'm curious: can I use this 2,500 NP to purchase items and ship them to my main, or did I break any rules in buying anything (I've donated everything I bought with that side out of fear). All I know so far is that you can only use your main's Neopoints to purchase and send back anything you buy... any chance you could enlighten me about how to use this 2,500 NP? (Please remove my username, thanks.) ~username removed
No, please leave the NP you receive for creating an account in that account. It can be used to put the Neopets in the lodge and care for them there. If we allowed players to send those NPs to their main, then they could abuse the system by repeatedly creating accounts to fund their main account. The NP and items you receive when you make your account are for the care of the Neopet on that account.

So yes, you CAN use the 2,500 NP on your new side account to maintain it, that's what it's there for. However, it is discouraged to go "hunting" for cheap items on side accounts (why not do it from your main?)

To sum up side accounts: You can not use them to earn any NP/items through games, dailies, restocking, sniping, etc. You CAN move NP from your main account to your side account in order to have NP to feed your pets or put them in the NeoLodge. Anything else will have to come from your main account. Any NP you inevitably get from Random Events can be kept on your side. Any Items you earn from Random Events can be sent to your main account to be sold.

There's more information on multiple accounts in this article: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts to clear anything else up.

Here's an editorial question that will probably clear it up:

So yes, you CAN use the 2,500 NP on your new side account to maintain it, that's what it's there for. However, it is discouraged to go "hunting" for cheap items on side accounts (why not do it from your main?)

To sum up side accounts: You can not use them to earn any NP/items through games, dailies, restocking, sniping, etc. You CAN move NP from your main account to your side account in order to have NP to feed your pets or put them in the NeoLodge. Anything else will have to come from your main account. Any NP you inevitably get from Random Events can be kept on your side. Any Items you earn from Random Events can be sent to your main account to be sold.

There's more information on multiple accounts in this article: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts to clear anything else up.

Hi there, thanks for informing me about this. :)

So basically the 2500NP must only be used for food and caring for my pets.

I knew that I couldn't use sides to make a profit, or anything that gave out items or NPs; but I didn't know about buying items.

I always have used my main for buying items; however, my inventory is quite cluttered, and the inventory of my side was clearer, so I was wondering if I could do it on my side for convenience.

The main thing I wanted to know, was that with regards to buying food, can this be done via the Shop Wizard on the side account, or should it be done on the main only? The only thing I would use the Shop Wiz on the side for now, is food. :)

Once I have used the 2500NP, everything would come from my main.

And thanks for moving the thread to the correct place. :)

I strongly advise you NOT to use the Shop Wizard on your side for anything, even buying food. You can easily go on the NeoLodge and put your pet in for 28 days where they will be fed so you remove the need to constantly buy food on your side.

If you insist on buying food for your pet, Neopets allows you to use multiple profiles/browsers to log in to both your main and side account simultaneously to make it easier to transfer items.

I strongly advise you NOT to use the Shop Wizard on your side for anything, even buying food. You can easily go on the NeoLodge and put your pet in for 28 days where they will be fed so you remove the need to constantly buy food on your side.

If you insist on buying food for your pet, Neopets allows you to use multiple profiles/browsers to log in to both your main and side account simultaneously to make it easier to transfer items.

Okay, thank you for the advice there. :)

I will use the remainder of the 2500NP for the NeoLodge, and any food items will come from the main account.