Customization Contest Voting #4! :)

Guest Sabs

Customization Contest Entries #4  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which customizations are your favorite?

2. 2. Section 2: Entries continued

3. 3. Section 3: Entries continued

Guest Sabs

Hello Contestants, and TDNF! :) Here's the preview of entries for Customization Contest #4!

The voted theme: Minimalist(Maximum of 5 items) Species/Color: Desert Draik

You can click on the pictures to view the animation.

Want to enter for the next round? Check out this thread for details.
http://www.tdnforums...ill-be-a-prize/

Feel free to post theme suggestions for the next contests.

Rules:

1. You can't vote for yourself, as stated in the rules on the Customization Contest thread.

2. You can vote for more than one entry.

3. If you don't want to select a vote for any of the 3 sections, select the "None" option along with the votes of your choice.

4. The top 3 multiple voted entries will awarded.

For the next contests, we will use previous themes from the last voting thread in the order of votes.

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/41761-customization-contest-voting-3/

Voting Deadline: Sunday, July 13th at 12 am NST(expired)

tdnf2.pngtdnf1.pngtdnf3.pngparticipantfive.png

Congratulations to our top 3 voted entries! :)

First place: Shelleyjoy

Awarded: Gold trophy and Starry bori morphing potion

mhecmt.png

Jean-Baptiste Van Roo

Draik a la Lilacs

Year Unknown

This Neopian Painting of an unknown aristocratic Draik, painted by the famous Blumaroo Jean-Baptiste Van Roo, was painted during Neopia's Rococo Period. First originating in the decorative arts, Rococo quickly spread to painting. Painters such as Van Roo used curving forms, delicate colors, and playful themes to create their masterpieces. Scenes often depicted aristocracy in an outdoor, pastoral setting. Other famous works of the time include JubJub-Honoré Fragonard's "The Swing" and Aisha Watteau's "Pilgrimage on the Isle of Mystery"

(Note: Information on the Rococo Era may have been slightly altered. For more info see reference at Wikipedia)

Second place: Spritzie

Awarded: Silver trophy and Starry bori morphing potion

142rgue.png

Third place: Bck32808

Awarded: Bronze trophy and Secluded Bench Background

103iijk.png

Though she is from the Lost Desert, she loves being around water. The garden is her place of serenity because of the calm sounds of the flow of water.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Expired Entries

Entry #1

medium_preview.png

I decided as she's a Desert Draik, she prefers the warmth and waters of Mystery Island over the cold Terror Mountain, so she made a holiday to Mystery Island and this is one of her favorite pictures: Ready to relax in the hammock or dive into the perfect water. All day and all night!

Entry #2

245wun6.png

It's too late to turn back now and you probably won't even make it three steps should you run. Flanked by two silent masked rogues, you muster up your courage and push open the wooden door to the thieves guild. The thick white fog that serves as a natural defence for the well-hidden away guild floods into the candle-lit room, clouding your vision momentarily. You make out the faint silhouette of figure who seems to be hovering, and as the fog clears, you see that the silhouette belongs to a sandy coloured Draik with weird hieroglyphs etched all over his wings. He must be the rumoured guild master who was the former prince who's next in line to the throne, well that was before he was betrayed by his own brother. That was your last thought as you collapse to the floor, drifting into unconsciousness...

Entry #3

medium_preview.png

Though she is from the Lost Desert, she loves being around water. The garden is her place of serenity because of the calm sounds of the flow of water.

Entry #4

medium_preview.png

It is a place what he can call his own and where he is not made fun of by his fellow Draiks as he has no interest in the Altador cup. He would rather spend his time by the lake reading a good book. He tries his best to fit in with surroundings although he is partial to wear flowery clothing.

Entry #5

medium_preview.png

Daenerys just had to lock her dragons up.

Entry #6

medium_preview.png

Jean-Baptiste Van Roo

Draik a la Lilacs

Year Unknown

This Neopian Painting of an unknown aristocratic Draik, painted by the famous Blumaroo Jean-Baptiste Van Roo, was painted during Neopia's Rococo Period. First originating in the decorative arts, Rococo quickly spread to painting. Painters such as Van Roo used curving forms, delicate colors, and playful themes to create their masterpieces. Scenes often depicted aristocracy in an outdoor, pastoral setting. Other famous works of the time include JubJub-Honoré Fragonard's "The Swing" and Aisha Watteau's "Pilgrimage on the Isle of Mystery"

(Note: Information on the Rococo Era may have been slightly altered. For more info see reference at Wikipedia)

Entry #7

medium_preview.png

She's a cloud princess! haha

Suppose there's a Draik Kingdom in the sky, and they all fly about in pretty dresses. They can manipulate the clouds into different objects using magic, which is what her staff is for. (The clouds are animated in this background, take a look.)

Entry #8

medium_preview.png

Entry #9

medium_preview.png

Others laughed when he told them he was a dancer. "Dancing is for girls!" they would say. But this little Draik set out to prove them wrong. He had been trained in dancing with his caravan for years, ever since he was small, and he'd put on a show for these naysayers, the likes of which they had never seen before. Observers were in a trance as he spun, using his wings as he performed several feet off the ground. As he finished, he was met with applause, and some even tossed coins for his performance, even the naysayers, who were undeniably impressed. The boy had talent, regardless of gender. "Anyone can dance!" he sang.

Entry #10

medium_preview.png

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"

Entry #11

medium_preview.png

He's supposed to be a rogue magician/assassin that has been banished from the lost desert after stealing the bringer's staff from King Jazan's personal connection and getting possessed by the bringer,but before his departure he managed to bribe guards to smuggle the staff to him.He is currently possessed by the bringer and is plotting to overthrow the king and claim the throne for himself.

Entry #12

medium_preview.png

Entry #13

medium_preview.png

The Guardian of the Eternal Sunlight has been captured by the forces of the Eternal Moonlight. Desperate and deprived of her powers, now the only hope she has left is that a brave Neopian dares to enter the Darkest Forest to save her and bring back the Light to Neopia! Will a hero rise or is Neopia doomed to become a world where only darkness reigns freely?

Entry #14

medium_preview.png

Amira looked franctically for her sun staff. She couldn't believe how she could've lost it. It was right by her side just minutes ago! Without it, she could not rule the Lost Desert properly. And without her help... The entire empire would collapse. In worry and desperation, the princess fell to the ground, sobbing with grief. Amira realized why she couldn't find it; someone had stolen it! Why would they steal it though? She gulped nervously. Could they have intended to take over the Lost Desert?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry #15

242x3sg.png

Entry #16

medium_preview.png

Khetenankh was a humble draik from the ancient city of Sakhmet. By day, under the blazing heat of the Neopian sun, he worked in the local fruit stall, calling out to passing travellers to come and sample their fine ummagines, pleto melons and suti fruit. At night, however, he had dreams of leaving his homeland and travelling to Tyrannia with his favourite band, Twisted Roses. He saw himself on stage as the lead singer, wearing his best heavy metal outfit and rocking out to a power ballad. Below him, the crowd raised their candles and swayed to the beat, chanting his name over and over. It may be only been a dream, but it was one that Khetenankh never tired of.

Entry #17

qz0rk2.png

Entry #18

2a5jifo.png

Entry #19

medium_preview.png

This tenacious Draik see's through her minions eyes, for she's blind...

OMG.... This is going to be the hardest contest to vote for EVER. There are so many that are totally awesome. I've been trying so hard to limit my votes to only four (1st, 2nd, 3rd and runner up), but I think it's going to be impossible. I think I'm going to have to vote for at least seven. I want to vote for everyone! Oh gosh..... Okay, let me say that the stories might be just for fun, but they're really fabulous this time around. Everyone's making such an effort. I'd like to say to those that I couldn't vote for because of a self-imposed limit: I really wanted to. Seriously. For everyone.

Small point of info, in case anyone's interested: in my entry (#16), the name Khetenankh means "Flame of Life". It's from the actual ancient Egyptian. (I used to study it many years ago and still remember enough to scrape by.) I thought the name was particularly appropriate considering the Wings of Flame. ;) Also note: this was not some veiled attempt to garner more votes by showing off or trying to impress all of you judges out there. (Is it working? *lol*)

Best of luck to everyone and I truly mean it - you're all winners!

((HUGS))

Oh this was so hard to choose from! So many great entries.

Uhh, I suggest a space or candy theme next

Guest Sabs

Azurablue- I don't think I'll ever be able to limit it to only 4 votes. xD That is nice to say for everyone's custom, and I agree with you! ^^

yeahlatte- Sure, we'll do the fashion egg next. :) It's going to be a fun! A fruit chia will be challenging to customize, but we'll get there! lol We're going to use every neopet specie/color eventually in these contests.

Navy- I agree! Thanks for the theme suggestions! Space and Candyland have gotten votes from the last voting thread, so I'll choose one of them for contest #6. :)

Oh, someone has to say it...... I should have gone with a chocolate theme because according to Sabs' opening post, we're supposed to be using the DESSERT Draik as our species.

(Yes, that's right: dessert, not desert. You have to admit, that's a hilarious typo.) *ROFL* :woot:

(Sorry, Sabs. Just couldn't resist. *heeheehee*)

Guest Sabs

yeahlatte- The pressure is on! lol Just kidding! :) I agree with you. I ultimately love customizing, and seeing different styles and creativity. The top 3 voted entries and prizes are nice perks for this competition.

Azura- I don't like making typos. x_x I don't think anyone else caught this either lol, but thank you! It's corrected now.

Forgot about the contest - I couldn't vote this week due to being in Vegas and not being able to access my laptop. D: But Daenerys would be my number one vote! XD

Oh gosh, this is going to be hard one. It's pretty much already decided who's going to get first place by the looks of it, but there seems to be a tie for third place! :woot:

Oooooh, how is this going to turn out?! I can't wait to see the final results!! :S :dance:

Totu487- Lol, I felt the same way!

Congratulations to our top 3 voted entries! :)

Shelleyjoy, Spritzie, and bck32808

We had our very first tie in the contest with entry #3 and entry #18(mine)! :O I decided to frame one entry which was entry #3, rather than delay the contest a few days. From now on, the top 3 multiple voted entries will also be awarded accordingly.

The next theme for contest #5 is: Fashion egg! Selected Species: Baby pteri