Pet Names?

blythle

Hey everyone! I've been on the PC a lot lately and I'm curious; what is considered VWN, WN, and BN? I'm also curious to see what your pets are named, why, and how many pets have you adopted from the pound?

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening. :)

VWN usually consists of a capital letter, no repeating letters, pronounceable. (Maribel)

WN usually consists of a capital letter, maybe repeating letters, but still pronounceable. (Marribell)

BN usually consists of no captial letters, repeating letters, has numbers and may not pronounceable. (marriibell212)

Mostly all of my pets are adopted from the pound or another user, except for two.

As a general rule (it does vary a bit from person to person), a Very Well Named pet is a pet with proper capitalization, no numbers or underscores, correct spelling, and is some sort of real world word or name. For example, "Sally", "Fruit", "Introspection", and "JohnPeters" are generally considered VWN.

A Well Named pet may have an odd spelling but is still readable and pronounceable, may have an underscore or two, and is generally based on a real word or name. For example, "Sallly", "Jeorge", and "John_Peters". This one functions as a bit of a catch-all for names that are pronounceable and numberless but not real-world accurate spellings.

Badly Named pets generally have no capitals (or otherwise oddly placed capitals), numbers, more than one underscore (sometimes with one at the beginning or end) or other embellishments to get it unique. For example, "sally12345", "george__", and "xXx_Sweet_xXx".

Not that there's anything wrong with what is considered a BN pet. Most users start with them, and they function like any VWN pet. Most people with BN pets have nicknames for them based on their official name.

My pets are a mix of created and pound adopted. A few of them were gifted to me by people leaving the site. They span the full range of names. Salamon809, my Fire Wocky, would fall under badly named, while at the other end of the scale my repainted Starry-Christmas Lupe Chrisary would likely be considered on the line between VWN and WN depending on who you ask.

I don't mind if a pet is badly named if it has meaning to me, like I have a pet called "Bearcubs" which is related to a nickname for my bf (don't ask, long story haha), so I don't mind that his isn't perfect (he's also Plushie :P). I don't get why people want really badly named UC's though, I'd rather have a really nicely named customizable pet than a badly named UC one. I suppose it's just for show and all, pretty much like the names. :P

But I think its all down to the owners. It's pretty sad when people make side accounts just to hold names too, like there are a lot of very inactive people that have made pets named after characters from games and TV shows etc and then have gone on to never return to it, or to just trade them off straight away and play on a names popularity. I suppose its fair since everyone has an equal chance but just watching the good names rot for years on end is pretty sad! :'(

As a general rule (it does vary a bit from person to person), a Very Well Named pet is a pet with proper capitalization, no numbers or underscores, correct spelling, and is some sort of real world word or name. For example, "Sally", "Fruit", "Introspection", and "JohnPeters" are generally considered VWN.

A Well Named pet may have an odd spelling but is still readable and pronounceable, may have an underscore or two, and is generally based on a real word or name. For example, "Sallly", "Jeorge", and "John_Peters". This one functions as a bit of a catch-all for names that are pronounceable and numberless but not real-world accurate spellings.

Badly Named pets generally have no capitals (or otherwise oddly placed capitals), numbers, more than one underscore (sometimes with one at the beginning or end) or other embellishments to get it unique. For example, "sally12345", "george__", and "xXx_Sweet_xXx".

Not that there's anything wrong with what is considered a BN pet. Most users start with them, and they function like any VWN pet. Most people with BN pets have nicknames for them based on their official name.

My pets are a mix of created and pound adopted. A few of them were gifted to me by people leaving the site. They span the full range of names. Salamon809, my Fire Wocky, would fall under badly named, while at the other end of the scale my repainted Starry-Christmas Lupe Chrisary would likely be considered on the line between VWN and WN depending on who you ask.

well said. TBH I don't really care what pets are named, I usually look at their level and customization more than anything. My favorite pet has what is considered a bad name, eatmystereo, she was named after a really obscure punk rock band I was REALLY into when I was 15. To this day I cannot find any trace they ever existed. Anywho, I have adopted katalie and braaaaiiinss. I really wanted a Zombie Kacheek and I now try to adopt most of my pets, when I adopted braaaaiinss she was just a regular Kacheek, my guess is the original creator wanted to make her a zombie but either never got around to it or didn't have the funds. Anyways, I spent HOURS looking at the pound waiting for the right Kacheek to come my way when she popped up! It was a match made in heaven.

I still wish TNT would allow a free rename for your pet :/ poor eatmystereo :<

I may be a bit of a snob, but I consider...

VWN: A name that is capitalized properly and isn't too long. So Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious would not be VWN in my book, and neither would be JohnPaul or whatever. I'd say MAXIMUM 9 letters in the name. I consider RW and RN (real words, real names) to be "better" names than most VWN unless the word is really obscure.

WN: A name up to 9 chracters, properly capitalized. No underscores, no numbers. So ie Khalena (I'm making up names and mean no offence if this is your pet's name) would be VWN but Khalenasia would be WN in my book.

BN to me is anything without a capital letter, with underscores, with numbers or that weird xXx thing adorning their names.

I may be a bit of a snob, but I consider...

VWN: A name that is capitalized properly and isn't too long. So Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious would not be VWN in my book, and neither would be JohnPaul or whatever. I'd say MAXIMUM 9 letters in the name. I consider RW and RN (real words, real names) to be "better" names than most VWN unless the word is really obscure.

WN: A name up to 9 chracters, properly capitalized. No underscores, no numbers. So ie Khalena (I'm making up names and mean no offence if this is your pet's name) would be VWN but Khalenasia would be WN in my book.

BN to me is anything without a capital letter, with underscores, with numbers or that weird xXx thing adorning their names.

Oh god pets without a capital name irritate me, if I see a good name in the pound but there's no capital letter it makes me want to cry. ;;

My main pets are pretty badly named because I named then back in the day when this VWN/VN/BN thing wasn't even on my radar. One is named after a friend (with a too-long name), one is named after a character in a movie. Both have underscores and numbers, so they'd be considered BN. Their names make me cringe sometimes. :P

But I've gotten a pet from a lovely TDN member before with a good name, and made a mutant Aisha with a sciencey type name. Then I name pets now, I try to figure out a theme for their name (science for Positronia, or Aztec gods for Xiu), then see what possible terms/words for that theme are available on Neo.