I am bummed and need advice

patricebee

So a friend of mine (one I've met in real life) had her account frozen. I was shocked when I found out and then this morning she admitted to me that she had done some things that were against the rules. Included in that was buying (using real money) items from sellers. I am really disappointed. She apologized to me because honestly I feel like she may have put me in jeopardy. She has given me items and now I question whether they were obtained legally or not. She said that they were and that she never gave me anything that she bought but of course I am doubtful.

Would you keep these items? Dump them? Ask TNT about it (I'm wary of that too - I have heard that they are very freeze happy)? I haven't done anything wrong but I don't know if I trust her word now since she hid this from me.

I should have known. I asked her why the name on the account was different from her name and she said that it was a knickname. :sad01_anim: I'm so stupid.

Btw - she obtained two UC pets within the last few months and I thought it was weird that she could get a UC with the pets she had but now I'm thinking that they were probably bought too. :(

I would dump them just to be safe...I know someone on here was frozen under similar circumstances...(I can't remember who at the moment).

Were they super expensive items or random things?

It depends on how valuable the items are. If they are worth more than say 800k I would dump them or put them in the money tree, whoever gets them would just luck out. I probably wouldn't contact TNT. I had suspected my original account was hacked because when I logged in I suddenly had 12mil neopoints which I know I never earned. I left the money in the bank and contacted TNT, I updated all my information and took screenshots and made lists of all the items I knew were legitimately mine. The next day my account was frozen so I had to move to my terribly named side account. I wasn't super upset because I didn't have a lot of valuable items but today that account would be 14 years old :<.

But good luck and let us know what you wind up doing!

I don't think I would contact TNT either.

As for the items, I'm not sure. It would suck to give them away, but it may be your best bet just in case.

Definitely UNFRIEND this person though!!

I wouldn't contact TNT either. I would be scared. As said earlier, I would agree with dumping the gifts :X Sorry that this happened to you, your friend should not have done that! But you didn't do anything wrong, so it would be very unfair for your account to be in danger due to your friend. Just try to stay low on TNT's radar I guess. Unfriend them and don't bring up the incident in any conversations on neo..that would be my advice I suppose :X

Okay you guys have convinced me NOT to contact TNT!! Lol.... Which is sad because you would think that they would appreciate honesty and people trying to do the right thing. I won't mention it anywhere else but here. I'm sorry about your old account, minniemeggie. That truly is sad.

Yeah, a few were expensive, a few not so much but none are worth getting frozen over so I think I'll just dump 'em. Sigh... I'm more upset that my friend didn't tell me the truth from the beginning. We are supposed to see each other later this summer. That will be interesting!! Thanks everyone - I appreciate all the input.