Your pets and their personalities

Lia Seeya

One of my favourite things to do is to have personalities or little stories worked out for my permanent pets. Sometimes it's influenced by their species, or just because I feel like it. For example:

Mia & Positronia, my Aishas. They're both smart and interested in taking in new knowledge. Mia, the Island Aisha, maintains an archive of great Aishas and likes to go around interviewing other Aishas about what they do. Positronia, the Mutant Aisha, is more interested in science. She does experiments in the basement of the house, and uses her ears to help her hold instruments.

I have a bunch for my other pets, but now I want to hear from you!

Do you assign personalities to your pets? How about stories?

Those are really awesome characters. I just get really attached to my permanent pets and want to make RL plushies of them... I know I'm weird.

Thank you, Snowbell! :) That doesn't sound weird at all. :D Making plushies sounds really fun and cute, so I totally encourage that endeavour!

Obviously, my favorite pet is Sanguine_Dream, aka Sandrea. She is the MOST like me in every way possible.

She is my smartest pet. (She's read over 900 books!)
She is my toughest pet. (500 hit points, near 200 points in everything else)

She loves reading and learning and is practically a child prodigy.

She loves the arts, such as acting and music. She will listen to anything but she has a soft spot for symphonic music.

She, like me, absolutely loves stringed instruments, especially violins and cellos.

She is truly terrible at sports and dancing (though her sister Casura shines in dancing.)

Sandrea's idea of a good time is with a good book, or some kind of activity she can throw herself into culturally.

In my stories, Sandrea is very popular at school (not by choice) and is introverted (also not by choice) and often gets summoned for missions by royalty and VERY important Neopian peoples.

Sandrea likes fashion, especially Victorian, lolita, and gothic styles of clothes. She likes to look proper and elegant.

She loves being striped. It was her dream color.

Sandrea CAN NOT stand Chadley! She says he is too full of himself. The same can be said about Princess Fernypoo.

Sandrea would deny it, but she draws very well. She could design her own clothes if she wanted to, but she focuses more on writing than her drawings or paintings.

Sandrea likes girly things like flowers and makeup, but she also likes the supernatural and graveyards.

Sandrea has a special gift (like myself) involving spirits. Being from Neovia, it's not at all strange that she talks to ghosts.

Sandrea is a mixed martial artist, and is skilled in fencing, as well as other weapons. She tries to keep this a secret because she doesn't like fighting.

Sandrea is cultured and is obsessed with the Neopian Times. She dreams of writing for the NT as a journalist someday.

Sandrea has been everywhere in Neopia except Lutari Island because you know, it's sunken.

Sandrea loves to cook, but she's not very good at baking yet.

She loves coffee, tea, and all kinds of food, especially the bakery and health foods.

Sandrea has been on every academic honor roll in Neopia Central (where we re-located in stories last year.)

She is a big fan of Twisted Roses, Grundo, and the Philharmonic musicians.

Her best friend in stories is Kira, a purple Kacheek.

Sandrea is a big fan of the Haunted Woods Altador Cup team, and she has a major crush on captain Krell Vitor. (Kira has a crush on Crade Talvos.)

Sandrea has met the HW Altador Cup team twice now.

Sandra has a wide sense of humor, and can tell good jokes without trying.

However Sandrea does have a temper and has a particular lack of patience.

Sandrea loves foreign Neopian films, especially from Shenkuu, but she also loves horror films from the Haunted Woods.

Sandrea has a knack for writing poetry and prose.

Sandrea loves the night time and astronomy. She loves the moon and stars! She also loves dragons and all sorts of normal or paranormal folklore. Sandra loves dark, haunted, and spooky places.

Sandrea can be found in the Art Centre or the bakery on most days. She appreciates real, fresh food more than junk food.

Sandrea's favorite fruit is kiwi.

Sandrea's favorite color is lavender, purples, cerulean, teal, black, and sometimes white. She likes pastel colors as well, and she does not like warm colors.

Sandrea loves to make friends, and is always nice to people, but she can be downright snarky when she has to be.

Most of all, Sandrea loves her family and friends and is fearless when it comes to saving them from danger. In secret though, Sandrea sleeps with her teddy bear, and her best petpet friend is currently a Sparky named Sora.

Sandrea is pretty much 100 percent me in real life, lol. She was the first pet I created, and she's my baby, so yeah. Most of my "stories" are about Sandrea and her secret missions.

Thank you kindly, Miss Tivsy. My Mama says I "sure am something special" and she loves writing stories about me. Mama recently submitted a story about me to the Times. I AM SO EXCITED AND HOPE WE GET IN. Mama also says that we all should be Neofriends. She says you're a "real sweetie." - Sandrea x

I have some characteristics and little background stories for all of my pets. I'm just too lazy to type them out properly and put them on their pet lookup :')
Syrena is a longlost princess who lived beneath the waters of Terror Mountain. She ran away from home because she felt her court was to uptight whereas she liked to dwell. She has a deep friendship with the Guardian of the Deep, Willowilskie, who keeps the underwaterpets from getting stuck in nets by slashing them with his trident. Because of his fierce and somewhat wild personality traits her parents severly disapproved of this friendship and this was the final drop for her.
After escaping in the dark of the night she settled in an underwater cave somewhere unknown where she happily collects shells and oddly shaped drops of water. Despite her somewhat weird collections, Syrena is a rather sober and responsible pet, with a lot of love to give and a strong motivation to fight for what she holds dear.

Gabriella, she's the brains of the family but she's much calmer than her siblings. She passionately loves reading and is often found in quiet places. Her social skills aren't the best, but if the topic is interesting enough she is easily engaged into a conversation.
For her last birthday she was given her own library and her eyes just lit right up with sheer joy. She's barely left it since, except to go shopping for even more books. She doesn't fancy new shiny books, but prefers the old ones with yellowed pages and smudged prints because she finds they give the books character and something unique.

Feline is definitely the biggest dreamer of the troop. She is pure and innocent and would do nothing all day but pick berries, merrily chase butterflies and help anyone who is in need of it. She's an absolute pacifist and wouldn't hurt a fly. She dreams of becoming an aid at the Neohospital but lacks the focus necessary to really sit down and study as her thoughts often wander of to warm summer days spent by a lake.
Despite her gentle nature she would do anything to protect her family.

Gryphon could be described as the creative one, the handy man. His biggest role model is Nikola Tesla, because he is obsessively fascinated with anything that has to do with electrics. Where this passion came from, nobody knows but it's clear that he's best left alone when he's tinkering away in his own little private lab on Kreludor. He loves unwinding by flying down to Neopia and visiting his beloved big sisters, which he considers as little sisters anyway. He's the type of guy to just sit there and listen to their rants, without saying anything unless it's to let them know he's there for them. Whenever he gets his hands on some neopoints he spends it either on tools, books for Gabriella, jewellery for Syrena or a nice bouquet of flowers for Feline. In short, he's the perfect brother and his sisters just dote on him and admire his wit.

JTFG is a little ghoul who was always picked on by the other ghouls, seeings as he's just not into scaring the life out of people. When he was hoovering down by the swamp one day, he noticed something in the murky waters and went to pick it up. That's how he met his Best Friend, Bear. Almost immediately he grew attached to the dirty little teddybear and since that day he's never seen without it. Even though the plushie is inanimate, it's very much alive to him and their favourite game is hide and seek.

Ambrilynn is the rebelious one. She's the pirate that lurks around the Altador Waters, sinking ships and taking off with it's treasures. There's nothing more Ambrilynn loves more than gold and anything that sparkles as a result of having next to nothing when she grows up.
However, she's not an ordinary thief. More often than not she's found to inconspicuously leave a valuable piece of treasure with someone who has greater need of it. She never targets fisherman boats or any other kind that contains people who work hard for their living.

And then last but not least; ittykinsh. She is perhaps the most mysterious of them all. Nobody knows where she came from or how she came to be, not even where she is currently residing as her magic keeps her from being discovered.
ittykinsh is the Oracle of Guidance and can only be found and consulted by those pure of heart and in serious need of a helping hand to guide them on their best possible path. However, her advice does not come for free. Each adventurer must answer a tough riddle correctly, before being allowed on their path. More often than not these are impossibly cryptic but almost always the answer is right in front of them, as longs as they keeps their minds and hearts open.

:3