Keep ALL of your important Neomails

patricebee

So I made a mistake of not keeping my Neomails regarding a pet trade and now I am paying for it. I gave this person a higher end pet not long ago and she was so excited that she said that she would give me her middle of the road pet (not as desired by trading standards) but a pet that I do want. I said great! Thanks so much but I have to wait until my side account is 4 months old to accept her pet. So that is coming up very soon. I wrote her and said "so excited to get Xxxxxxx next week!". She wrote back "Great! What are you offering?". I scratched my head and realized that she had no recollection of it. I reminded her but she truly didn't remember. She said it was so long ago (about three months) and that she had already traded the pet that I gave to her. :/ I don't think she remembered that it was me who even gave her that pet.

Sigh.... so now I will create my own and buy a PB for it. I don't blame her because she really doesn't remember and I should have saved the NMs. Sigh....

I'm sorry this happened, and I hate to say it especially cause I know you must be feeling pretty upset right now, but always, always do a direct trade for a pet. Situations like yours happen way too often, but it could all be avoided with direct transfers :(

Saving neomails wouldn't have helped in this situation, TNT wouldn't have gotten involved.

You're right. Although I'm not mad or anything because in the beginning I was just trying to give someone their dream pet. Then I think she got caught up in the moment and offered her pet to me. So it wasn't really an expected 1:1 trade and I would never expect TNT to get involved. It's just that she doesn't remember saying this and if I had saved the NMs, then I could point it out to her.

ughhh oh my gosh, sorry that happened D: I don't get into pet trading..I've never traded a pet...although I have picked up some nice pets while browsing the PC *hugs wraith kougra*. That is kind of odd that she didn't remember...especially if you say it was her dream pet. and she already traded it? o.O

I usually don't make any kind of deals that aren't immediate..unless it's someone I know. You never know what can happen in that span of time :/

Did you try refreshing the person's memory at all? maybe they're just pretending to not remember o.o that where the saved neomils would have come in I guess lol

good luck on getting the pet you wanted :) you can always browse to see if there are any up for adoption anywhere

Well it turns out they don't exist (a Tyrannian grarrl) but she was going to give me a faerie grarrl. I already have my other dream pet - a faerie lenny (a UC is impossible).

I did try to remind her but then she came back with "well if you had a draik... j/k!! XD". Hmm... not sure she was kidding. Anyway, I still blame myself but I'm just a little disappointed. C'est la vie!

Oh - and her other pet she that wants is a krawk - which is what I gave her. Really strange.

Guest Sabs

Aw man! :( I'm so sorry that happened! I'm not sure why the girl didn't remember receiving the pet. :/ I would think someone would remember when they are gifted a pet, and especially if it's one they are super excited about. It's sad that she didn't keep up her end. I hope you'll be able to get a faerie grarrl soon!

Thanks - I thought it was strange too. I went ahead and created the grarrl tonight. Now I just need to save up for the PB.

Oh my goodness...you gave a high-end pet away without a direct trade?! I wouldn't blame you for never trading again (save moving between your accounts.) UGH!

Yeah - that was pretty goofy on my part actually. I was new to trading (although I'm still new since I haven't really done it but once). It does make me a little more wary about things or as they say, live and learn.