Habitarium: P3's won't attack pests?

agrinwithoutacat

So, I've noticed lately that when pests appear on a certain part of the map, my soldiers won't attack them. I have all my nests near each other in one corner, and if the pest is in that part of the map my soldiers won't fight them. They can physically get to them, there is a pathway, and I can even drag them over there, but they just sit with a question mark over their head like they don't know what to do. Eventually the pests do go away on their own but in the meantime they are attempting to destroy my nests and I'd also like the 30 exp for killing them.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I move my nests and see if that fixes it? I'm unsure what to do, and honestly there isn't that much room to move my nests somewhere else without creating a roadblock or blocking other structures from view...

When pests are adjacent to your nests they drain your nesters progress/your egg if it is ready. For some reason (not sure if it was intentional on TNTs part - I think it was?) your soldiers can't attack those guys if your nesters are active, if the nest is empty they will attack them. It's always like that - no glitches or anything. I've seen people build a "fence" of sorts around their nests so that pests can't get in there, but honestly that seems like a hassle to me...

It has happen to me too. I'm totally annoyed but there's nothing I can do, I drag the soldier there and it just sits with a question mark, as you say,

agrinwithoutacat, and does nothing. I didn't pay attention as to what part of the land this is happening, I'll try to notice next time if it really affects only pests next to a full nest, thanks for the info, bck32808!

I just put up a fence around my nests and it solved my problem, I've never had the issue again.

It's not really a hassle because your p3s don't actually have to "build" it, they just cost resources, but they're pretty cheap since they're just considered decorations. Not only that, but if you drag your p3s up to the fence, they normally can still "repair" your nest in most cases, even if it's blocked off by fences.

Feel free to take a peek at my Habi and see if you think a similar setup might work for you.

Hmm. I took a look and I see what you did. Maybe I can make that work with mine. Unfortunately my map is like 1/3 water (wasn't thinking about that when I picked it, I guess, I just went with something at random), so I have less space to work with. But maybe I can find room for both nests and fences in another location. Time to get creative!

EDIT: I think I made it work. I honestly didn't think I had space without making it a mess, but after seeing how you have so many buildings and made it all fit with room to spare, I got inspired. Just had to shuffle some things around. I actually have room for more, even!