Hey everyone! Just a short introduction about me.

Hey everyone!

It's a pleasure to be part of this community. I'm Brendan and I currently reside in Singapore. I've been playing Neopets at the age of 10, but well time flies, I'm already in my year 10 :P

Just a basic introduction of me, I'm a Chinese and has mixed blood as my parents are from Singapore and Malaysia. I love mathematics and physics, so you could say I'm that kind of person who is extremely calculative :P I love playing first-person and Minecraft. I play the guitar and drum set, and spend most of my time reading, studying, hanging out with friends, and of course, sleeping. I have a hamster as a pet too!

Please do guide me along as this is my first time creating an forum account so I'm not really familiar with how things work around here. Hope to know you guys better! :D

Hey Brendan, very nice to meet you ^^ I'm Saxen

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll have a great time! :D

Thank you nousha! I do find drumming cool as well! :D

In Singapore, our education system is slightly different from other countries. It's much more stressful here, since homework are like piles of mountains :( Our standard is much higher as well. We learn things in high school that is only taught in colleges for other countries.

Anyway, I'm currently taking 7 subjects, namely: English Language as 1st Language, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics (Higher mathematics), Chinese as 2nd Language, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Social Studies. I used to take up Biology as well but I dropped it since there's too much memory work :(

In case you're wondering, the difference between Mathematics and Additional Mathematics is that in Mathematics, we learn the fundamentals such as algebra, equations, functions, indices, trigonometry, geometry, data analysis and matrices. In Additional Mathematics, we learn things like binomial theorems, logarithms, circle geometry, further trigonometry, pre-calculus and calculus.

Oh, I figured out that you're 20 years old since you play Neopets for 10 years and you started at ten :) I must have miscalculated something which comes to show how bad I am at maths :) But I do love languages (my second university degree) and Science in general (my first university degree is in Biology). Your school program sounds very exciting!

Guest Sabs

Welcome to TDNF Brendan! I'm Sabrina, and I just joined the forums not long ago. This is a friendly and helpful site. :) It's pretty cool you can play the guitar. I play the piano, and I would love to learn how to play an acoustic guitar someday.

You have a pretty cool program your studying! I'm a computer science major, and I have a lot of math classes to take. xP I love learning computer languages. :)

Welcome to the forums, Brendon. I have an interest in learning Mandarin, pretty much all I know is self taught from watching shows with English subtitles. I could say it's more than enough to get by, but the spelling of it can be a bit tedious. Perhaps we could swap notes later xP

And oh my all of that math o.o You have a lot of work ahead of you. Are you going to become a scientist of a sort?

Hi! Welcome to the Forums. I hope you have a great time with all the wonderful people here. It's a friendly place. :)

Minecraft? Which system do you use? I have it on my laptop (PC), XBox 360, and PS3. The PS3 version doesn't work well, so I mostly play it on XBox. I actually like the smaller maps on the XBox. The near infinite on the PC bores me. Sounds weird, right? :laughingsmiley:

Enjoy your stay! :rock:

Hi!! I am Emily! Welcome to the fourms!!

Thank you nousha! I do find drumming cool as well! :D

In Singapore, our education system is slightly different from other countries. It's much more stressful here, since homework are like piles of mountains :( Our standard is much higher as well. We learn things in high school that is only taught in colleges for other countries.

Anyway, I'm currently taking 7 subjects, namely: English Language as 1st Language, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics (Higher mathematics), Chinese as 2nd Language, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Social Studies. I used to take up Biology as well but I dropped it since there's too much memory work :(

In case you're wondering, the difference between Mathematics and Additional Mathematics is that in Mathematics, we learn the fundamentals such as algebra, equations, functions, indices, trigonometry, geometry, data analysis and matrices. In Additional Mathematics, we learn things like binomial theorems, logarithms, circle geometry, further trigonometry, pre-calculus and calculus.

I personally love math, and chemistry... But I agree, biology is too much memorization.

Welcome! I envy your math skills. I've always been horrible at math (all of it) and more of the arts/english type when I was in college. I've always strained my brain and tried really hard at math stuff, but it just isn't natural to me I guess.

Don't worry about learning the ropes around here, it's pretty laid back. There are rules like "seven word minimum" and no posting more than one in a row (you can edit in whatever you have to say if you get a new idea but no one has posted under you yet) but as you go on you will get the hang of those things. I love everyone I've met here so I think this is a great place to congregate if you love Neo, and there are off-topic boards for stuff that isn't related to Neo, too, which I like.

Oh, I figured out that you're 20 years old since you play Neopets for 10 years and you started at ten :) I must have miscalculated something which comes to show how bad I am at maths :) But I do love languages (my second university degree) and Science in general (my first university degree is in Biology). Your school program sounds very exciting!

Well, I would say its both exciting and stressful, given that we have CCAs (Co-curriculum activities, i.e. after school activities such as sports, aesthetics and uniformed groups) and tons of homework everyday. And wow, you double majored in university? :O

Welcome to TDNF Brendan! I'm Sabrina, and I just joined the forums not long ago. This is a friendly and helpful site. :) It's pretty cool you can play the guitar. I play the piano, and I would love to learn how to play an acoustic guitar someday.

You have a pretty cool program your studying! I'm a computer science major, and I have a lot of math classes to take. xP I love learning computer languages. :)

Thank you! I've always wanted to play the piano but I guess I couldn't find the time to do so :( I'm intending to double major in university, perhaps a BA in Computer Science and another BA in Mathematics.

Welcome to the forums, Brendon. I have an interest in learning Mandarin, pretty much all I know is self taught from watching shows with English subtitles. I could say it's more than enough to get by, but the spelling of it can be a bit tedious. Perhaps we could swap notes later xP

And oh my all of that math o.o You have a lot of work ahead of you. Are you going to become a scientist of a sort?

Thank you! I'm not really interested in Chinese, although I speak Mandarin at home. I'm generally better in English since young. And yeah I agree, the spelling can sometimes be a pain in the ass. Where do you live anyway?

And nope, I'm not going to be a scientist, even though I once considered that option. I'm planning to be a game engineer and a mathematics teacher.

Hi! Welcome to the Forums. I hope you have a great time with all the wonderful people here. It's a friendly place. :)

Minecraft? Which system do you use? I have it on my laptop (PC), XBox 360, and PS3. The PS3 version doesn't work well, so I mostly play it on XBox. I actually like the smaller maps on the XBox. The near infinite on the PC bores me. Sounds weird, right? :laughingsmiley:

Enjoy your stay! :rock:

Thank you! You seemed friendly too!

I have a premium account on PC with the username LegendaryRifle_. I've been playing for 2.5 years now, was a former staff in a famed server, and also operated my own server (Sadly, it turned out to be a failure, but I'm intending to reopen it during the December holidays). I like bigger maps though.

Hi!! I am Emily! Welcome to the fourms!!

I personally love math, and chemistry... But I agree, biology is too much memorization.

Thank you! Looks like we have a lot in common. What do you guys learn in Chemistry? Generally Chemistry is one of the science subjects in Singapore that most students dislike, since it involves a lot of calculations.

Welcome! I envy your math skills. I've always been horrible at math (all of it) and more of the arts/english type when I was in college. I've always strained my brain and tried really hard at math stuff, but it just isn't natural to me I guess.

Don't worry about learning the ropes around here, it's pretty laid back. There are rules like "seven word minimum" and no posting more than one in a row (you can edit in whatever you have to say if you get a new idea but no one has posted under you yet) but as you go on you will get the hang of those things. I love everyone I've met here so I think this is a great place to congregate if you love Neo, and there are off-topic boards for stuff that isn't related to Neo, too, which I like.

Thank you! I once hated mathematics and literally had no interest in studying it. But my teacher inspired me so I've decided to work hard on it. English is my favourite language, and I love writing narratives and speeches. Which arts-related subject are you taking up currently?

Hmm, I think the rules are sort of similar to the rules of the forum of the previous Minecraft server I've played in. And yeah, I do find everyone here extremely nice and helpful :)

P.S. Wanted to put more emoticons but I guess there's a limit to that as well