Monthly Multiplayer Competitions?

Shelley

So I've seen all the trophies around for the armada, goes, and kacheekers monthly competitions. I'm so confused abut how they're actually awarded. I've been playing the monthly competitions for two months or so, but many disappear before a game is finished. Is it mandatory that you finish a game within a week? Or are the competitions not a thing anymore.. lol

I kind of want to know before getting into them this month :p

Yes, each week of the competition lasts one week, except that the competition is glitched, so that the second week doesn't happen during the second week; instead it happens during the last 2-3 days of the month. So when you get your third round challenges, you may get fewer than you would expect after week one -- I'm not sure how they determine how many week 3 challengers you get, but week 4 does seem to be determined from week 3. And then I'm not sure if week 2 (the 2-3 days at the end of the month) actually matters at all for the final ranking. And indeed, it's not obvious how the final ranking is determined at all.

Last month, I won 2/3 of my week 1's, with the third game fizzling because my opponent played exactly once per day, so I couldn't win through "move or lose." I only had 1 challenge in week 3 and none in week 4. I had all 3 at the end of the month for "week 2" but didn't finish any of those games. And I got a message today saying that I got third place in all 3.

In the past, I've won in all 4 weeks for a game, and I still only got third place. I've heard from opponents who've been doing it a while that the placements seem random, and if you enter often enough and try to complete your games in the week's time limit, you'll eventually get all the golds. I'm still waiting for that, but I do have all 3 bronzes, and I spend relatively little time playing (many who enter don't seem to play at all, so as long as I can remember to hit "move or lose" every day, I usually win by default)., so the free 2500-7500 NP at the end of the month is nice.

Interesting... haha thanks so much for the information! That's rather odd how everything is working but I guess I'll just keep playing and see what happens! I tend to win every game (not because I'm all that good, just by default XP) so maybe eventually I'll get to that trophy? lol well it's just nice to know there ARE still prizes being awarded, I'll keep at it :) not to mention they're petty fun. Except I'm not too much of a fan of geos... lol