Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself!

laytoni

Hey, I'm Chelsie. :3 I'm 20 and I live in England.

I have been playing Neopets for years, but I have recently returned after a 4 year on-off hiatus!

You will usually find me playing Key Quest, restocking and collecting avatars. I'm currently saving for Number Six, then I will be buying stamps and gallery items (I haven't actually settled on a gallery theme yet but I'm thinking something along the lines of mutant).

Outside of Neopets I love music and going to music festivals. English weather in the summer makes me happy. :) I work full time as a secretary for a mental health service and I'm also studying a degree in Psychology.

Hello, Grenthine. It's nice to meet you, too!

It rains a lot here in summer, and every other season actually, but it's really refreshing. Plus it makes you appreciate the sun when it finally comes out!

I'm super excited for summer.

I agree! There was the loveliest sight one day last week. There had been a storm so the clouds were really dark; when the sun came out there was the brightest rainbow I've ever seen and, as you said, everything was sparkly. Such a contrast. ^_^

Would it be weird if I said I added "travel to/through Heathrow" to my bucket list today? :laughingsmiley: I discovered this weird desire to travel to/through the top five busiest airports in the States after realizing I'd done a few already, so I decided to add busiest world airports today. (Heathrow, according to Wikipedia, is the world's third busiest airport.)

That being said...where in England are you from?

That's a great travel idea. I didn't realise Heathrow ranked so high! I would love to travel; what are the other airports on your list?

I live in Nottingham in the east midlands. :)

You know, Nottingham is legendary, but this is the first time I've looked for it on a map? I never realized it was...well, I was going to say "so far north", but the far north of England is up near Scotland, in my book. Maybe mid-central?

===

The busiest airports in the States are:

1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Georgia): I flew out of a different city than usual on my way down to Florida in 2003, so Atlanta was my transfer airport. And I remember it being really busy...to the point where people were resting/sleeping on the floor. I can't imagine what it's like eleven years later, with all the security changes.
  2. O'Hare International Airport (Chicago, Illinois): Chicago is a prime airport for flights into and out of Michigan (where I'm from) because it's so close by (four hours by car and forty-five minutes by plane). My first trip alone (besides my trip as an exchange student to Ireland) had me flying via O'Hare...no fuss, as I'd transferred through there so many times with my parents!
  3. Los Angeles International Airport (California): I want to move out to southern California eventually, so this is an easy bucket list do.
  4. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (Texas): Never had any intention of going to Texas before this ended up on my bucket list. :laughingsmiley:
  5. Denver International Airport (Colorado): When I made the original American airport list, my reference list was different. But I've still been through this one, as a destination airport. I went to a ski resort about a half hour away. (Vail, for the Americans reading this.)

In the world, we have...

1. Hartsfield-Jackson
  2. Beijing Capital International Airport (China): This wasn't on my bucket list until today! No idea what I'd do there, except fill up on dumplings. :D
  3. Heathrow: This is no sweat...I'd go see a play done by the Royal Shakespeare Company, 'cause I'm crazy for one of their actors. ;) (Also, as of 2013, London has the busiest city airport system by passenger count.)
  4. Tokyo International Airport: I've always wanted to go to Japan...
  5. O'Hare

That's my flight list...the rest of my bucket list is to go to Spain (Madrid and Grenada, specifically) and go back to Ireland.

Of course, I'm only 28, so I'm still "filling the bucket". :D

Welcome Chelsie! I like the rain, but in moderation. ;) I've never been to England but I hear it's got some pretty awesome sites to see. :)

I hope that you enjoy your time back on Neopets and here at the TDN Forums! :D I know what the multi-year hiatus is like. In the end for me, it's the friends in my guild that kept me checking back after every few months or so. I hope you make some great friends here. There are lots of good people among our members! Have fun! :)

Welcome, welcome, welcome to TDNF! Greetings from the Midwest USA! I'm Hailey, but I have a lot of nicknames so call me whatever you want, haha. I love the rain. It is so full of everything life needs to.... well, live. Rainy days are always the best days for me as long as I can muster through the grey clouds blocking my sunshine vibes! If you couldn't tell I am very connected to nature as well as technology.

Anyways, happy to have you here on the forums. Hope you can find some topics to just jump in and input on-- that's what I did. Everyone here is really nice and welcoming. Aside from the occasional Linda Blair fanatic, things here tend to roll smoothly and as troll-less-ly as possible, haha. And THAT is why this is my favorite forum. It's even wayyyy better than the catty Neopets chat forums.

Hi Angel! Nice to meet you, too. :) I really like the forums; everybody is really friendly and helpful.

-----

Grenthine, Nottingham is technically in the east midlands but I agree that it does seem quite far north. The places in England that are more north are Newcastle and places just south of Scotland. That's quite a list you've got! You're very lucky to be able to travel so much. :)

-----

Hello Aquamentis (Brian, is it?). You have to learn to love the rain in England because it rains ALL THE TIME. England is nice but I guess it's the same for everyone wherever they live, it gets boring sometimes! I'm very happy to be back on Neopets and joining TDN Forums was definitely a good idea. I know what you mean about the guild! Years ago when I played Neopets constantly for a couple of years, I was in a great guild and I still keep in touch with my friends from that guild! ^_^

-----

Hi Hailey, lovely to meet you. :3 Yes as much as I love rain, sunshine makes me super happy.

I have to agree with you there; everybody feels very welcoming here. It is much nicer than the Neopets boards; a lot of people on those boards just want to debate everything even if it is irrelevant! So much so that I rarely bother posting on there anymore.

As for this Linda Blair character, I feel slightly relieved that I missed any chaos she may have caused!

Haha I am so sorry! That is another thing you should know about me, I make silly mistakes like this all the time; I don't know how I get through the day sometimes :p

Thanks David (I assume that's your name after looking at your user lookup :p). It's great to meet another new kid; how are you finding the forums so far?