Erhmahgerd Haii.

Elllllllo'.

So like, I'm back to Neopets after like... 7+ years (right after the Altador plot. Lost that account, lol). Had been playing since 2001. Forgot all about Neopets until this girl I know kept pestering me to join, so I did.

Long ago I was aiming for a Draik and now I have one thanks to said girl, so I suppose my aim now is to collect avatars and other collectibles, and revel in nostalgia.

In the time I've been away from Neopets I got myself a job (hoho surprised myself there) as a software developer (for a very specific platform, any guesses?), so I'm into all that tech stuff. Other stuff I'm into include Pokemon (I'm known as RoC on those communities) and My Little Pony.

Feel free to add me as a neofriend or something *squeals*!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I figured I could welcome you here too even though we've talked on IRC already. I hope you'll like it here.

Urk! That's a question that's been asked a lot. Especially by my sister.

I suppose the animation can be very nostalgic for those that grew up watching small flash videos. The character development is also just different from that of other shows, Lauren Faust the creator puts it nicely:

From what I've seen since I've grown up, little has changed. To look at the quality of most girls' cartoons, it would seem that not one artist really cared about them. Not one designer, not one background painter, not one animator. Some of the more well-meaning, more expensive animated productions for girl audiences may look better, but the female characters have been so homogenized with old-fashioned “niceness” that they have no flaws and are unrelatable. They are so pretty, polite and perfect; there is no legitimate conflict and nothing exciting ever happens. In short, animated shows for little girls come across as boring. Stupid. Lame.

This perception, more than anything, is what I am trying to change with My Little Pony.

Besides that, the Brony community's great (and sometimes really weird)! I've learnt a lot from them, and my journey into coding came from wanting to build a MLP app for Windows Phone.