Permanently silenced

ysophokc17

Okay so my main account on Neopets just got permanently silenced without a reason given for it and I sent a ticket in because whatever I did that got me that did not fall under any categories in the Neorules. So if they don't respond to the ticket, is my account silenced forever or do they revoke the silencing after a few months thinking that you've learned your lesson? Idk. I heard that they do the other thing.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'TDN Questions' to 'Neopets Help'.

I believe permanent is permanent, but I'll let the others weigh in, because I've never gotten it more than 24 hours.

In my experience, people who have a permanent either (A) have neomail sent to a side from now on or (B] move to the side completely.

They usually give a reason...

I know at least one person who was able to get back her posting priviledges, but it took over 6 months until her ticket was answered.

I believe you receive a NeoMail when this happens. Have you checked that? They always give you a reason why this happened. Maybe when you know exactly what happened you can send in a ticket to explain your side and maybe get un-silenced. Good luck :)

Editorial 467:

Heyness, TNT! With respect to the new silencing feature you guys have added to the site, I have a question. If you are permanently silenced, would there be a way to get un-silenced eventually, or is it really permanent? Thanks for clearing this up! ~warriorsrock965

Permanent silencing is permanent. For players that are temporarily silenced, it's a bit like a suspension, but without being restricted from games and other areas of the site. If a player says something or behaves poorly enough on the boards that they likely would have been frozen otherwise, that's basically what a permanent silence is.

It is definitely possible that TNT might respond positively to your ticket. There is no set rules as to what deserves a permanent ban instead of a temporary one. The staff member that responds to your ticket might decide to be more lenient.